Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Music Creation Thread  (Read 53152 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Music Creation Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2020, 02:12:31 am »

The guy didn't get too deep into that specifically, he just told us it existed and likened it to our the minot major division we have today. It sounded awesome, but he didn't explain much this in particular  :P

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2020, 06:44:39 am »

New underwater-themed track I've been working on. I think I may end up making this the first part of a series of aquatic-sounding tracks or something~
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 06:53:49 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2020, 02:39:27 am »

New underwater-themed track I've been working on. I think I may end up making this the first part of a series of aquatic-sounding tracks or something~

This could be official Terraria soundtrack  :D Gives me that vibe.

I like how varied the track is, how many different parts and phases it has, yet it doesn't sound disjointed at all. Very nice.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2020, 07:08:12 am »

Thanks so much ^^

Yeah I have been focusing on going for more varied tracks with a lot of change/evolution, while still keeping everything connected and flowing. So it's really cool that you mentioned that!
Ear teeth

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2020, 01:51:57 pm »

So I had a lil' nostalgic throwback, watching Balto 2 after ten years or so. And unlike Steppenwolf, I heard the soundtrack as a kid. Now listening to it back, it's some good stuff people. Sadly they never released it anywhere (I think this one was direct to home DVD sequel, quite possibly), so there's not much I can show you... Some guy did put it on YouTube, but it's taken directly from the video, so there are ambient noises.

Now there's this recurring scene of Balto having a weird nightmare, and the track for that's just great, just had to share it with you guys. It's intense, it has this mysterious native American moments, joy to listen to, actually reminds me lot of Steppenwolf. And it perfectly fits in with the scene, I consider this a great example of how music can enchance visuals and vice versa, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So at least the track - here. It's a mashup of all the dream tracks, so is a bit disjointed, but I think just the first two minutes should give you the picture.

I am definitely going to try to figure this out by ear, at least the leitmotif. I've kept it in my head for years, never would've thought it is actually from this movie  :D

I've heard that James Horner composed the score for the first movie, but I saw that one like once in my life, we did not own that one, so I don't really remember the music. But knowing James Horner, it surely must've been great. I know him for the soundtrack of Willow, an old Lucasfilms fantasy, and it rocks. Have a listen. If you didn't saw Willow, I strongly recommend, the music also fits perfectly with the action.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2020, 09:42:49 pm »

Now there's this recurring scene of Balto having a weird nightmare, and the track for that's just great, just had to share it with you guys. It's intense, it has this mysterious native American moments, joy to listen to, actually reminds me lot of Steppenwolf. And it perfectly fits in with the scene, I consider this a great example of how music can enchance visuals and vice versa, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So at least the track - here. It's a mashup of all the dream tracks, so is a bit disjointed, but I think just the first two minutes should give you the picture.

This is cool. Really tells a story, and the sound effects add a lot to that as well. I might try to make something like this some time.

I've heard that James Horner composed the score for the first movie, but I saw that one like once in my life, we did not own that one, so I don't really remember the music. But knowing James Horner, it surely must've been great. I know him for the soundtrack of Willow, an old Lucasfilms fantasy, and it rocks. Have a listen. If you didn't saw Willow, I strongly recommend, the music also fits perfectly with the action.

Ohhh this is great, it makes me really nostalgic for Final Fantasy 7/8 for some reason, which I played over 15 years ago (some of my fave games back then)! Really cool how music can do that. Nostalgia is such a lovely yet wistful feeling.
Ear teeth

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2020, 12:35:43 am »

Thought you would like it :)

Here's another banger, another unforgettable motif. Now here the ambience is a bigger problem, this is pretty dramatic scene with a storming river. Very short, but very memorable.

I really need to know which genius to praise for this soundtrack...

By the way, you know FF's soundtrack well? Because I have a song I don't have the name of, but I'm pretty sure it's from FF. I never played them personally, but heard many great tracks in Warcraft 3 user campaigns. I managed to look up all of them but this one. If you think you could help me, let me know.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2020, 01:24:00 pm »

Here's another banger, another unforgettable motif. Now here the ambience is a bigger problem, this is pretty dramatic scene with a storming river. Very short, but very memorable.

Dramatic indeed! I can almost see the scene in my head.

By the way, you know FF's soundtrack well? Because I have a song I don't have the name of, but I'm pretty sure it's from FF. I never played them personally, but heard many great tracks in Warcraft 3 user campaigns. I managed to look up all of them but this one. If you think you could help me, let me know.

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with most of the tracks from FF7/8, and a lot of the ones from 10. The other ones not as much. I should be able to help you if it's from one of those games though.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2020, 03:36:15 am »

Just released my first "chiptune" piece, inspired mostly by old SNES games and retro sounds.
Ear teeth

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2021, 03:20:11 am »

I did a thing, took a Commander Keen track and made a ballad out of it.

Behold.

The recording's not ideal, but hope you'll enjoy.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2021, 03:20:28 pm »

That's a pretty unorthodox take on the original, but that's also pretty good!

Fowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2021, 07:33:36 am »

I did a thing, took a Commander Keen track and made a ballad out of it.

Behold.

The recording's not ideal, but hope you'll enjoy.

Sounds cool, thanks for the link

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2021, 07:52:16 pm »

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:33:44 pm by hedgerow »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2021, 10:52:36 am »

!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tjd361wr7o39e5/Experimenting%202.mp3?dl=0

I like to play music sometimes.

~~~~~~.~.~~

Hey that's pretty nice, did you write it or is it a pre-existing song? Either way, it's very well performed, I especially like how gently you play it, that's something I never had in me playing piano  :D Good work!

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2021, 03:52:42 am »

!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tjd361wr7o39e5/Experimenting%202.mp3?dl=0

I like to play music sometimes.

~~~~~~.~.~~

Hey that's pretty nice, did you write it or is it a pre-existing song? Either way, it's very well performed, I especially like how gently you play it, that's something I never had in me playing piano  :D Good work!

Thank you!

Sheet music was compiled after the recording.  There's a PDF but it wasn't professionally written: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ard18sj01n9rb0/HalcyonHours.pdf?dl=0

A similar piece was done here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mucryvadr5e1v83/Fun.mp3?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:11:47 am by hedgerow »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14