Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cooking priorities. How to empty jugs filled with honey bee royal jelly.  (Read 2953 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though if you automate your farming and booze brewing, you could have stockpile with booze automatically refill itself.
Though I never did that cooking. How that works with cooking booze? Do booze have to be closer to kitchen like the royal jelly?
Because my booze stockpile has 19 types of alcohol, it is pretty large and well separated from the kitchen.
Will cook prioritize fetching booze for cooking? Or do like with royal jelly, by close distance?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any "liquid" (like royal jelly) seems to be very low priority for being picked as a cooking ingredient, and so need special stockpile handling to nudge DF into using it.

If you use a DFHack script to select and specify cooking ingredients dorfs will collect what's specified, so that overrides DF's own selection process, and thus the stockpile fiddling. The scripts I use don't "cheat" by teleporting things around, but automates selections (i.e. the decision process), etc. while dorfs perform the actual jobs as per normal, although it's possible to teleport things as well. My booze stockpile is refilled the normal way, i.e. by dorfs hauling barrels from the still to it because it's the booze stockpile, and so normal hauling logic applies.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any "liquid" (like royal jelly) seems to be very low priority for being picked as a cooking ingredient, and so need special stockpile handling to nudge DF into using it.

If you use a DFHack script to select and specify cooking ingredients dorfs will collect what's specified, so that overrides DF's own selection process, and thus the stockpile fiddling. The scripts I use don't "cheat" by teleporting things around, but automates selections (i.e. the decision process), etc. while dorfs perform the actual jobs as per normal, although it's possible to teleport things as well. My booze stockpile is refilled the normal way, i.e. by dorfs hauling barrels from the still to it because it's the booze stockpile, and so normal hauling logic applies.

You know, this functionality of DFHack seems like something, which should be already in vanilla.
That explains also why my 4 cooks never use any brewsky in their process.
I do not bother with comfort foods in my embarks, because it is too cumbersome and would require with linkage 256 kitchens for grownups and 64 for kids. This is just too many. I could see the comfort food be very neatly automated in kitchen with such an obvious cooking receipt mechanics.
Pages: 1 [2]