Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Impossible creatures AR, Main thread  (Read 837 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Impossible creatures AR, Main thread
« on: August 08, 2020, 11:54:59 am »

After years of intrigue, politics and demonstration of capabilities the project Chimera was finally approved. The number of candidates was reduced to two. The dream of developing Elephant with the head of a Giraffe and a Dog with Bat’s wings and gain huge profits  is closer than ever, with the only thing standing in the way is the other lab. The last requirement to win the contract is to show how the team handle a hostile fauna, and to show that each team received a half of the island and the goal of having their creatures taking over the other half.

------------------------

This is an arms-race based on the “Impossible creatures” RTS (mainly in the combining life forms way), you will split to two teams, each representing one of the labs, with the goal of creating new creatures and taking over your opponents lab, this post mainly inspired/ stolen from BFA of Nuke 9.13 and The Final prophecy of 10ebbor10.

I am more of checking how I handle the writing load and organizing with this one so have low expectation.

Spoiler: Phases (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rarity (click to show/hide)

Team A
Team B

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 12:22:23 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible creatures AR, Main thread
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 11:55:16 am »

Q&A
How many creatures can be used in the creation of one unit?

Unlimited, but the more creatures added the harder it would be to combine.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:15:04 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:45:00 pm »

Because of Bees. B/side.

You going to make something Side A? I don't think this AR will get that many players, but it should be a fun game so long as we can get started.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 07:52:04 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 12:23:17 am »

I'm 100% up for this. Joining Side A because it looks like it has less people.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 12:27:20 pm »

As a note, we currently have Myself, Failbird105, and Chaoskl21 on Bee Side. as they never posted here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 02:59:52 pm »

Can confirm

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 06:18:15 pm »

How went your turn, are you done yet?

Teasing if you can't tell, as our plan was already made, and none of the rolls refuted it. Supported it more like.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 01:55:50 pm »

I am thinking after the pregame unit creation phase to make a sort of presentation in this thread so the teams could see each other's creation, both teams went for very different directions and I want them both to know the capability of the other team before they invested too much, that and I am really not sure in the quality of my battle report skills and I think that might be a useful practice.

Tell me how you think of this idea, than you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 03:11:56 pm »

I'm fine with that.

As a note, prepare yourselves. We're actually done designing, barring our other teammate coming up with an entry..
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:15:29 pm by TricMagic »