Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Titan Arms Race - Side B  (Read 9199 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titan Arms Race - Side B
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 07:47:06 pm »

Society:
(1) AI-Focused: eS
(2) TAC: Doomblade, Ensorceler
(0) Trader Nomads

Mech Type:
(1) High-Agility (Armored Core): eS
(1) Large Infantry (Lancer): Doomblade

Design 1:
(1) Oracle Support Drone: Doomblade
(0) Farsight Sword & Shield
(1) Farsight Shieldblade: The Ensorceler

Design 2:
(2) Flashfire Torso: Doomblade, Ensorceler
(0) Seer Torso:
(0) Nebula-type Torso:

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2020, 08:08:37 pm »

Society:
(0) Trader Nomads

Mech Type:

Design 1:
(1) Asura Torso: Stirk
(1) Oracle Support Drone: Doomblade

Design 2:
(2) Flashfire Torso: Doomblade, Ensorceler
(0) Seer Torso:
(0) Nebula-type Torso:

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2020, 02:21:37 am »

Unless you're attempting to have us make two torsos, can we stick the Asura in Design 2? Also sorry for missing it when I added the empty designs to the box, was rushing a little

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2020, 03:24:06 am »

Unless you're attempting to have us make two torsos, can we stick the Asura in Design 2? Also sorry for missing it when I added the empty designs to the box, was rushing a little

We are voting for two open designs. There isn’t really any design one or two. Logically the two most voted designs should get built. It doesn’t really make sense to put random designs into two different piles and vote on each pile separately

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2020, 09:22:07 am »

We're going to be in pre-game for abit.  No need to split the votebox so definitively on torsos vs. everything else.

Anyhow, I think a scout drone swarm could be an interesting meta.

Quote from: Votebox
Society:
(0) Trader Nomads

Mech Type:

Design (pick 2):
(2) Oracle Support Drone: Doomblade, ConscriptFive
(3) Flashfire Torso: Doomblade, Ensorceler, ConscriptFive
(0) Seer Torso:
(0) Nebula-type Torso:

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2020, 09:43:57 am »

Society:
(0) Trader Nomads

Mech Type:

Design (pick 2):
(1) Oracle Support Drone: ConscriptFive
(2) Farsight Shieldblade: The Ensorceler, Doomblade
(3) Flashfire Torso: Doomblade, Ensorceler, ConscriptFive
(0) Seer Torso:
(0) Nebula-type Torso:

Oopsie, forgot my vote was where it was. I do still want the Oracle tho.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2020, 10:35:42 am »

Society:
(0) AI-Focused:
(2) TAC: Doomblade, Ensorceler, eS
(0) Trader Nomads

Mech Type:

Design (pick 2):
(1) Oracle Support Drone: ConscriptFive
(3) Farsight Shieldblade: The Ensorceler, Doomblade, es
(4) Flashfire Torso: Doomblade, Ensorceler, ConscriptFive, eS
(0) Seer Torso:
(0) Nebula-type Torso:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:37:11 am by evictedSaint »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2020, 06:42:09 pm »

Design Phase -4
Farsight Arm - Shield Blade
Farsight Arm - Shield Blade

A basic weapon bearing arm, the Farsight arm is an arm with a moderately sized round shield boasting an integrated reflector shield generator that generates a larger disc-like shield with a bladed energy edge on the end of the arm. When desired, a long spike extends from the disc, and extends the cutting edge of the deflector field outwards. While the disc, spike, and the supporting arm are suitable for mechanized combat, the primary functionality lies in the deflector field generators.
[3, 1] 4-1 Buggy mess

While an ambitious idea, the Farsight arm needs a lot of work. In the first place, our engineers struggled to fit both a physical shield and the necessary gear for a force field into the same arm. While the benefits of doing so successfully are obvious, in this case our engineers’ reach exceeded their grasp. As such, the Farsight arm is almost entirely nonfunctional, as while it can project a very weak shield it has issues with articulation, power, the integrity of the physical shield and shield strength. Among other issues the blade function breaks when you try to use it to cut anything of even middling durability, just like if you hit the shield with a hard enough impact.

This renders the arm, while not entirely unusable, considerably sub-par to what was expected..
Farsight Shield Blade Arm: Cost 2

Flashfire Torso
[TAC] ISI-TM-HIAT "Flashfire" Mk.I

As Transcendence Artificial Collective's leading designer in engines and engine-based peripherals, Impulse Solutions Inc is proud to present their very first Torso Module for the Titan Corps consideration.  The High-Impulse-Agility-Torso (code-named "Flashfire" Mark I) is a lightly-armored core featuring a rigidly reinforced internal bracing structure.  The Flashfire is bolstered with a pair of state-of-the-art high-impulse thrusters (building off the success of the wildly-popular ISI's corvette-class luxury engine line) on a flexible and highly-responsive rotary mounting on the back side of the torso module.  These thrusters can be aimed with a high degree of precision and provide a high degree of force, allowing the Titan to quickly increase their speed in a specific direction for a short period of time.  These brief durations of enhanced mobility can be used to dodge incoming fire or to quickly capitalize on a momentary advantage through superior agility.  Depending on the Titan's weight class, the Flashfire may even allow the mech to leap gaps in terrain or to scale short vertical barriers!

While the increased mobility does come at a cost, we at Impulse Solutions Inc believe enhanced performance far outweighs a minor armor downgrade.  After all - it's better to not get hit than to try and tank the damage, isn't it?

Remember - if you have an impulsive problem, you need an impulsive solution - Impulse Solutions Inc!
[4, 3] 7 superior craftsmanship

The Flashfire torso is a marvel of engineering, with not one but two modes in which the engines can be used, Impulse mode, which is the original design intention, a burst of incredible speed in a given direction, and boost mode, a prolonged burn with the engines that can let a titan get up to higher speeds while traveling.

However, it still has its issues. The primary one is that it’s impossible to turn while the engine is in impulse mode, you have to pick a direction to go and the engines give you a burst of speed in that general direction. This is because it is necessary to lock the servos which articulate the engines to protect them from damage, as they’re rather sensitive to the shock of the engines firing at full power. It’s just the price paid for their accuracy and precision.

Boost mode, meanwhile, can be maintained for longer and does not lock the engines in place, allowing you to use the engines to turn or change the direction you’re boosting in. However boosting does not replace the need to use legs for propulsion and maneuvering, and can’t let you fly, though it can slow a titan’s fall. However, due to heat and power issues, after prolonged boosting or using impulse mode the engines must shut off for a short period.

The Flashfire’s engines are incredibly reliable, as are the servos that aim them, rarely failing and being incredibly easy to use. However as expected the armor of the torso is somewhat subpar, below that of the basic torsos provided at the start of the competition.

Flashfire Torso : Cost 1

We are now entering Revision Phase During the prep phases you get 2 revisions per turn. At the end of revision phase we will have an extra phase for voting on Side names and stuff.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2020, 06:58:53 pm »

Farthersight Shield Arm - As the blade and physical portion of the Farsight design had been essentially worthless, both had been removed to focus entirely on the "shield" portion. The result is the Farthersight Shield Arm, an arm entirely dedicated to force-field projection as a circular shield. In order to make up for the loss of the blade, the energy used to make the shield can instead be diverted into a pure electrical attack using mechanisms in the arm's "fingers" allowing for a short-distance burst of lightning (with the caveat that the shield must remain down while this attack is in use).

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2020, 09:28:25 am »

Revision: Hindsight Blade Arm

Perhaps combining a sword and shield into the same Farsight arm was a bit too ambitious, leading to a device that can perform neither function.  The Hindsight strips out the problematic deflector shield generators and focuses on a dedicated blade arm.

An upper arm segment creates a better articulated and more humanoid arm with an elbow, dexterous enough for a semblance of swordsmanship.  The forearm retains the blade concept of the Farsight, but mostly relies on a reinforced metal sword.  While the energy field provides the razor edge for the initial piercing, the timeless steel sword provides the inertial rigid mass to split open the wound.  Even in the event of a energy field failure, the mass and basic sharpness of the blade on a well articulated arm should remain a capable relatively precision melee weapon system.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:55:15 pm by ConscriptFive »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2020, 08:53:51 pm »

Revision: Hindsight Lance Arm

Dropping the bulky shield and sword assemblies, this arm looks relatively normal for a titan limb. However, deflector field generators embedded in the forearm can encase the gauntlet in a long, pointed lance with quite long range.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:36:37 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2020, 09:32:06 pm »

Is that a shield arm at all?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2020, 10:45:15 pm »

Is that a shield arm at all?

That is why they'll never expect it.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2020, 11:55:26 pm »

...might as well get the revision votebox going.  Remember, pick two.  Also, society votes are still pending, so I kept that in there.

Society:
(0) AI-Focused:
(2) TAC: Doomblade, Ensorceler, eS
(0) Trader Nomads

Revisions:
(pick 2)
(1) Farthersight Shield Arm: ConscriptFive
(1) Hindsight Blade Arm: ConscriptFive
(0) Hindsight Lance Arm:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8