Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is mission "request workers" working for anyone?  (Read 995 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is mission "request workers" working for anyone?
« on: March 26, 2020, 06:42:38 am »

What I did:
I have requested 19 workers. My messenger was an administrator hauler turned into an elite swordsmen in my professional military squads. Basically hauler without profession.

What happened:
All 19 requested workers arrived with profession "merchant" and refuse to work. I can't assign them even to military squads. The messenger, who was impossible to be removed from hauling before, now refuses to do anything but non-stop "idle" in yellow or "socializing!" in bright purple color.

Does this feature works for any one? If it works for anyone, then please tell:
- What profession of messenger you had?
- Did the messenger ever got back to work, after that mission?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Is mission "request workers" working for anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:11:37 am »

Profession of the messenger doesn't matter. Messenger could be suffering from some of the missions bugs. Check their labors.

Can you not control their labors? Merchants come in with all labors disabled.

Not being able to access merchants via military menu is a known bug.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 08:57:22 am »

Profession of the messenger doesn't matter. Messenger could be suffering from some of the missions bugs. Check their labors.

Can you not control their labors? Merchants come in with all labors disabled.

Not being able to access merchants via military menu is a known bug.

Yes, upon arrival all their labors were disabled, but I enabled hauling, cleaning and construction. There is huge queue for hauling in fortress and they all strictly idle.
The disabled hauling on messenger, I enabled upon his return. Also to no avail. Before leaving on this mission, it was impossible to get messenger out of hauling. After return you can't force him to haul. I removed the messenger from messengers and he still refuses to haul. He is still listed as a regular soldier in his squad though.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09:45 am »

A character who's got sufficiently unsatisfied needs to force satisfy them (purple indication) can't be forced to work again until those needs have been sufficiently satisfied.

The only issue I've had with messengers is that the messenger job apparently is a very low priority one, so the bugger won't leave until all other jobs have been disabled.