Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer can't sleep in fort  (Read 1119 times)

Nemo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventurer can't sleep in fort
« on: March 25, 2020, 08:50:22 pm »

In 47.04, I'd like to rest in a generated fort because there are lots of towers, and no other options, around and I wouldn't feel safe outside. The fort belongs to an organization that is part of my civilization, I asked the local ruler to stay the night and they said yes, yet trying to sleep in any of the buildings of the fort -the dormitory where the ruler stays, a warehouse, a dining hall- results in a "you cannot rest until you leave this site" message. I tried saving then reloading, to no avail.

Is there a trick to it? Any ideas? Is that a bug?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer can't sleep in fort
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:58:37 pm »

In 47.04, I'd like to rest in a generated fort because there are lots of towers, and no other options, around and I wouldn't feel safe outside. The fort belongs to an organization that is part of my civilization, I asked the local ruler to stay the night and they said yes, yet trying to sleep in any of the buildings of the fort -the dormitory where the ruler stays, a warehouse, a dining hall- results in a "you cannot rest until you leave this site" message. I tried saving then reloading, to no avail.

Is there a trick to it? Any ideas? Is that a bug?
Yeah, it's a bug.

--
Hmm. Although can't find a report for it right now. It was mentioned in the release threads.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:01:20 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Nemo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:03:17 pm »

Is it known? I searched with several key words in Mantis and couldn't find anything that sounded like it. But then again full-text search in Mantis seems iffy.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:28:44 pm »

Is it known? I searched with several key words in Mantis and couldn't find anything that sounded like it. But then again full-text search in Mantis seems iffy.
I'll take another search and if no-one puts anything up I'll make a report myself with a save. Very annoying.

The issue is that you can't sleep in any of the new site types (castle, monastery, fort) or (carried over from previous versions), dark pits, camps or Towers even if those sites are friendly (even if they're actually your home!).

Can't Fast Travel through them either.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:30:47 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Nemo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 10:48:34 pm »

Oh, I saw that one with the dark fortresses and such. I thought it had been fixed, and I also didn't know it carried over to the new sites.

Well, that's annoying, but at least I learned something.

Thanks anyway.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:13 am »

I played adventure mode 1 year ago. I couldn't sleep in any of the dwarven fortresses, except of tavern's location, which was in 1 of those fortresses. So, this is a location thing and not a bug. This is why it is not on on the bug tracker. Features are not bugs. :D

I remember in a human hamlet I couldn't sleep in the house of the local ruler, despite him and all his followers allowing me to do so. I had to go to a peasant house beside and sleep there. :D

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:21:34 am »

I played adventure mode 1 year ago. I couldn't sleep in any of the dwarven fortresses, except of tavern's location, which was in 1 of those fortresses. So, this is a location thing and not a bug. This is why it is not on on the bug tracker. Features are not bugs. :D

I remember in a human hamlet I couldn't sleep in the house of the local ruler, despite him and all his followers allowing me to do so. I had to go to a peasant house beside and sleep there. :D
It's a bug. You ask permission to sleep, you can't sleep because it thinks it's a hostile site. You can't even sleep out in the field. You can't sleep if the site is your home and you're in the starting location which is presumably your house.

When you need to go to the tavern the NPC you asked permission of will refuse and direct you to the tavern.