Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Full list of Werebeasts Werecreatures  (Read 2928 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Full list of Werebeasts Werecreatures
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:10:25 pm »

Just in case anyone would ever need this: All 73 different werebeast variants.

REPTILE_LIZARD
REPTILE_CHAMELEON
REPTILE_IGUANA
REPTILE_GECKO
REPTILE_SKINK
REPTILE_GILA_MONSTER
REPTILE_MONITOR
REPTILE_TURTLE
REPTILE_TORTOISE
MAMMAL_OPOSSUM
MAMMAL_KOALA
MAMMAL_WOMBAT
MAMMAL_KANGAROO
MAMMAL_SLOTH
MAMMAL_ANTEATER
MAMMAL_ARMADILLO
MAMMAL_SQUIRREL
MAMMAL_MARMOT
MAMMAL_BEAVER
MAMMAL_GOPHER
MAMMAL_RAT
MAMMAL_MOUSE
MAMMAL_PORCUPINE
MAMMAL_CHINCHILLA
MAMMAL_CAVY
MAMMAL_CAPYBARA
MAMMAL_RABBIT
MAMMAL_HARE
MAMMAL_LEMUR
MAMMAL_LORIS
MAMMAL_MONKEY
MAMMAL_APE
MAMMAL_HEDGEHOG
MAMMAL_SHREW
MAMMAL_MOLE
MAMMAL_WOLF
MAMMAL_COYOTE
MAMMAL_FOX
MAMMAL_JACKAL
MAMMAL_RACCOON
MAMMAL_COATI
MAMMAL_WEASEL
MAMMAL_BADGER
MAMMAL_SKUNK
MAMMAL_BEAR
MAMMAL_PANDA
MAMMAL_CAT
MAMMAL_PANTHER
MAMMAL_MONGOOSE
MAMMAL_HYENA
MAMMAL_CIVET
MAMMAL_PANGOLIN
MAMMAL_ELEPHANT
MAMMAL_MAMMOTH
MAMMAL_HORSE
MAMMAL_ASS
MAMMAL_ZEBRA
MAMMAL_TAPIR
MAMMAL_RHINOCEROS
MAMMAL_PIG
MAMMAL_WARTHOG
MAMMAL_CAMEL
MAMMAL_LLAMA
MAMMAL_GIRAFFE
MAMMAL_DEER
MAMMAL_ELK
MAMMAL_MOOSE
MAMMAL_ANTELOPE
MAMMAL_SHEEP
MAMMAL_GOAT
MAMMAL_BISON
MAMMAL_BUFFALO
MAMMAL_BULL
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Full list of Werebeasts Werecreatures
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:32 am »

Wow, thanks for doing this. I always wondered what the full list was.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Distman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 07:09:57 pm »

Is it possible to get raws for vanilla werewolf from somewhere or do I need to make my own? I wanna define my own and remove all these stupid generated werebeasts in worldgen.

Lewa263

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 03:26:31 pm »

So, out of that list, the ones I see that don't exist in any form as regular CREATUREs are anteater, bison, civet, lemur, loris, mammoth, mouse, and shrew. I'm not counting stuff like ape or antelope, because there are specific apes and antelopes in the game. It seems like a reasonable small mod would be to add all of those CREATUREs in, so that dwarves have a pre-existing concept of a lemur before insisting that this monster has the shape of one.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:43:40 pm by Lewa263 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 03:30:18 pm »

It'd be interesting to see that as a "missing creatures" mod. It could also include the chimeras, griffons, and centaurs that vanilla is missing. Maybe it could bring back the giant desert scorpion too.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 03:55:02 am »

Is it possible to get raws for vanilla werewolf from somewhere or do I need to make my own? I wanna define my own and remove all these stupid generated werebeasts in worldgen.

You can see the generated creature raws by opening the save's world.dat file (save must not be compressed). The wiki page on werebeasts also has example raws at the bottom of the page.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 05:07:36 am »

So, out of that list, the ones I see that don't exist in any form as regular CREATUREs are anteater, bison, civet, lemur, loris, mammoth, mouse, and shrew. I'm not counting stuff like ape or antelope, because there are specific apes and antelopes in the game. It seems like a reasonable small mod would be to add all of those CREATUREs in, so that dwarves have a pre-existing concept of a lemur before insisting that this monster has the shape of one.
I can do this. But I need more than names: size, colors.
It'd be interesting to see that as a "missing creatures" mod. It could also include the chimeras, griffons, and centaurs that vanilla is missing. Maybe it could bring back the giant desert scorpion too.
In vanilla they not missing. They just are mythical. I try to make animal people also mythical, but this do not work. 

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 08:02:30 am »

In vanilla they not missing. They just are mythical. I try to make animal people also mythical, but this do not work.
Well, they don't consist of any body parts, so they pretty are "missing". They're meant to be that way though so "missing" is perhaps the wrong word.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 12:59:42 pm »

Well, they don't consist of any body parts, so they pretty are "missing". They're meant to be that way though so "missing" is perhaps the wrong word.
Thought has no body. This three creatures are not existent, mythical even inside DF world.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 01:15:31 pm »

I don't really think you don't need to pay too much attention to the "lore" to make a good mod. What lore there is is mostly just a placeholder for the myth update someday.
My mods and forum games.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 01:35:42 pm »

I don't really think you don't need to pay too much attention to the "lore" to make a good mod. What lore there is is mostly just a placeholder for the myth update someday.
Maybe. But I really like this placeholder.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 11:45:16 pm »

Thought has no body. This three creatures are not existent, mythical even inside DF world.
They exist as mythical creatures who the inhabitants of the world write about and draw. That's the intention right now. "Missing" implies some problem, like they've gone the way of the giant desert scorpion.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 04:44:40 pm »

MAMMAL_KOALA

*anger intensifies*
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...