Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Creating a well  (Read 1391 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a well
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 04:30:35 am »

Could not build a well ( i was just doing that with the new insights ), because suddenly a attack out of nowhere from a "human swordsman ruined hunter"
Could hide in a meetingarea sealed off, but all there in will die from thirst and hunger and the "human swordsman ruined hunter" is running around try to find more enemies
Is  on 250-07 -  and migrants arrived, but no caravan, so i lose again.. lol
Note: the few dwarfs together locked with poultry /livestock? did not eaten them for surviving 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:36:55 am by janamdo »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 04:35:54 am »

Ouch. Remember that plump helmets can be enough to eat and drink for dwarves. Water isn't necessary until they get hurt.

Better luck next time.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 04:41:28 am »

Thanks
So water is needed for a hospital.
The meeting area was sealed of with walls and the locked them self in for protecting, so there was no entrance to plump helmets anymore
Wondering if it was possible to forecast this attack in the worldscreen?

Building a burrow as soon as possible with some barrels plump helemets as emergency supplies?
A wardog ?
Some how i must defend myself from a lonely human attacker
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:19:17 am by janamdo »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 05:15:39 am »

Ruined Hunter sounds like an undead type - which can be very powerful. There's no shame in dying to them this early in a fort.

A good strategy is to have a few layers of protection. A few animals outside might distract a powerful enemy long enough to get everyone else inside. Doors are very good against undead and many other problems (but Trolls can knock them down, and many special beasts.) A single military dwarf from the beginning is another layer of protection.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 05:56:06 am »

Ruined Hunter sounds like an undead type - which can be very powerful. There's no shame in dying to them this early in a fort.

Thanks
Good strategy..
Seems to not a undead creature , because it status icon was not  N and it was a human
Undead are nightcreatures: they live only at  night or their existance starts at night

"Now you will know why you fear the night" 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:18:02 am by janamdo »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 06:52:18 am »

Seems to not a undead creature , because it status icon was not  N and it was a human
Undead are nightcreatures: they live only at  night or their existance starts at night

Intelligent undead (new from 47.01) don't show as Night Creatures.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:31 am »

Intelligent undead (new from 47.01) don't show as Night Creatures.
Thanks
Super..lol.. yes the fact is was by daylight he could not be a undead creature, but this human creature has as statussymbol also not a N ?
Raised by a necromancer and was a historical figure.
Can't trace him down in the legends mode, because the fortress ends ?

Probably a necrotower has spread a death-aligned evel region around ?, and my fortress was within this region then.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:12 am »

There are several different types of "night creatures":
- Boogeymen: Only active in adventure mode, and only at night.
- Zombies (raised corpses of creatures [animals as well as sapients], but with no real intelligence.
- Necromancers. Sapient undead. Can pass as regular sapients.
- Vampires: Ditto.
- Husks: Created from creatures by evil weather. No real intelligence.
- (Failed) experiments: New creations of necromancers. I know little about them.
- Intelligent raised sapients: Raised by necros, but retain intelligence and some knowledge of their former life. Can pass as regular sapients. This it the type that went on a rampage, for some reason. They can come as visitors, as far as I understand, and so far behave like normal visitors, I believe, but they can also come as part of necro sieges.
- Ghosts: Spontaneously rising incorporeal former fortress members. Laid to rest through burial or placing a memorial slab engraved with their details.

Note that regular necro attacks can happen during daytime, and spontaneously rising undead in reanimating biomes don't care about time of day either.

Spreading evil does not spread to to settlements. If you settle in an area that's already under an evil influence that influence will not magically go away, but you'll know that at embark, unless you don't bother looking at all biomes you're embarking on (there there is also the possibility of incursions, i.e. small bits of a neighboring biome entering your embark tiles at the edges, if you embark right next to such biomes).

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:24 am »

Thanks
There is lot to battle with.
I should like to see this historical figure ( undead )  in the legendary viewer when the fortress was destroyed
Once the fortress is lost there is no save made automatically ?

I do have a save from the fortress some months earlier….. 

I am curious who was that creature that destroyed the fortress? 

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 12:22:31 pm »

"Human swordsman ruined hunter" what is the history of this figure ?
I did not search in de unit list (u) to this person, so nothing further known

Can i find this historical figure in the legends viewer?  : leader, vampire ,...  undead?
No undead historical figures?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:03:40 pm by janamdo »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2020, 04:55:20 pm »

"Human swordsman ruined hunter" what is the history of this figure ?
I did not search in de unit list (u) to this person, so nothing further known

Can i find this historical figure in the legends viewer?  : leader, vampire ,...  undead?
No undead historical figures?
If you know his name he should be in Legends. A save is made after the fortress dies (how else would you try to reclaim your fortress if it didn't?). If you open up the history of your fortress of it will probably show him there.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:57:14 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 01:54:01 am »

If you know his name he should be in Legends. A save is made after the fortress dies (how else would you try to reclaim your fortress if it didn't?). If you open up the history of your fortress of it will probably show him there.
I could not find a save when the fortress was lost ? .. region 4  and i made a a save during play
The whole world history is to see in legends, so i could use this own made save

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2020, 02:05:17 am »

I could not find a save when the fortress was lost ? .. region 4  and i made a a save during play
The whole world history is to see in legends, so i could use this own made save
The world saves automatically. When you start a new fortress or Adventurer it continues from where you left off. Legends will be up to date to the point you lost your fortress.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2020, 02:29:30 am »

Unfortunaly , there seems to be no (end)save made from region 4 when the fortress died..
I earlier made save from (savename) region 4 make no sense for using in legend viewer, because don't know when this historical figure : "human swordsman ruined hunter was there.
He could be there after my region 4 save.

The origin of the attack on the fortress ?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:36:57 am by janamdo »
Pages: 1 [2]