Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can i make new civ that no hostile & no caravan?  (Read 950 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can i make new civ that no hostile & no caravan?
« on: March 29, 2020, 07:21:01 am »

is it possible to make civ that
ally with me, but doesn't send caravan to me ?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Can i make new civ that no hostile & no caravan?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 09:58:24 am »

Wars are mostly determined by the tokens ETHIC and VALUE. It isn't possible to make them entirely passive to every entity, but you can make them favor your entity if you change their ethics and values to match your own. Civs send out caravans during their ACTIVE_SEASON. You can try removing the ACTIVE_SEASON token(s), but it may default to something, I'm not sure either way so just test it. Another thing you can do to avoid wars is remove all the PROGRESS_TRIGGER_X tokens, as those define when an entity will attack. Remember, some entities such as elves get mad when another entity uses wood products, so you'll have to remove those tokens if you don't want them warring with elves.

Check the entity token list here, to get a better understanding of how things are determined: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token

May I ask why you want an entity that doesn't interact with the world...?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:01:38 am »

You can also use the animal definition tokens (found under the entity tokens that Toxicshadow has already linked) to disable pack animals for said civ. Without wagon pullers and/or pack animals the civ won't be able to send any caravans. Do note that migrant waves are tied to caravan "reports" so if said civ is playable then you won't get any migrant wave after the first two.

As far as hostility is concerned, apart from Ethics and Values, ITEM_THIEF and BABYSNATCHER also affect which civs will be hostile to one another.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 05:33:54 pm »

May I ask why you want an entity that doesn't interact with the world...?
Not having a caravan is very different to not interacting with the world. Not interacting with a player's dwarf fortress (except spot visits by a noble to remark on what a nice fortress you have) is closer. Alliances don't rely on caravans for example.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 07:06:35 pm »

That's easy to do: Take away their access to pack/pull animals. OR give them no active seasons.

The question is why. Without attacks or trading, the civ will not interact with you.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 12:33:53 am »

That's easy to do: Take away their access to pack/pull animals. OR give them no active seasons.

The question is why. Without attacks or trading, the civ will not interact with you.
They will happily attack without access to pack/pull animals.
And civs with no active seasons will attack you if you raid them. And they will send visitors of course, that's interaction that's been in the game for several years now. Not to mention all the interacting going on in Adventurer and worldgen.

I know you're busy with graphics and other cool things Meph, but I highly recommend you play the game once in a while.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 01:50:23 pm »

I meant allied civs without caravans. ;)

Adv-mode I don't know anything about, it's nothing I enjoy. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::