Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Simple Mod: Nature+ Version 1.2  (Read 6978 times)

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Mod: Nature+ Version 1.2
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 10:27:06 am »

Really? Couldn't I just make various syndromes for different diseases and let vermin inflict those syndromes? Like mosquitoes have an Interaction to give people malaria, for instance. And then part of what that syndrome does is give the victim an interaction to spread malaria as a greeting? That was my plan, but if that won't work, I'll probably just scrap diseases lol.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2020, 11:11:47 am »

You might be able to, but given how common vermin are, from a strictly gameplay perspective it could just make the game unreasonably difficult with no real way to even do very crude medical treatments. There's a reason they were scrapped from Masterwork.

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2020, 12:05:36 pm »

I understand. Well, I might play around with it a bit, see if I can get something that works. If not, it's not a big deal. There are always other ways to add more "Fun" to the game lol.

Thanks for the advice.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2020, 11:46:33 pm »

Oh, I do recommend separating your stuff out into their own files btw. Makes it vastly more compatible with other stuff, and easier to fix things, than if they're all jammed in the vanilla files.

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »

Yeah. I'll look into it, but honestly modding isn't very high on my list to priorities. IRL responsibilities don't leave a lot of time for hobbies, and some of my other projects have the potential to be profitable, so...

That being said, since it seems there are at least a few people interested in Nature+, I'll see about organizing it a bit more effectively. I'll probably include it with the next version. Look forward to more stuff in the alchemist shop, and some weird bugs.

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 09:50:12 pm »

Just wanted to inform everyone (well, all three people who really seem interested) that after some serious thought, I'm probably not going to work on Nature+ anymore after all. It was a fun project, but I've realized I've basically reached the point where if I add or change anything else, I'll be getting a bit to far away from the original premise of the mod for my liking. Nature+ was always mean to just add some more creatures and make them make a bit more sense, and I think I've achieved that goal nicely.

That being said, I'm not done modding Dwarf Fortress. I have a new project in mind, and I intend to take the lessons I learned from Nature+, as well as the feedback and advice I received from everyone, to create a (mostly) total conversion mod, one which is hopefully less buggy and better organized. I want to thank everyone who showed interest in or downloaded this mod. I'll see you around. 
Pages: 1 [2]