Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrow question  (Read 459 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Burrow question
« on: March 29, 2020, 10:13:36 pm »

Is there a way to "toggle" a burrow ON and OFF after it's been created and populated, or is the only way to add & subtract dwarfs from it?  It's a pain in the butt with long lists of dwarfs, and I don't want to delete a complex burrow in order to "turn it off" temporarily.

I'm not talking about using a civilian alert... just regular burrows.  Can DFHack do this?

(Yes, I searched the forum and wiki already)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Burrow question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:59:10 pm »

PTW. Civilian alert is all I know, and burrows are still frustrating for me.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 02:26:48 am »

As far as I know you can't disable regular burrows, but have to add/remove members, which I agree is a pain even with two dorfs for nuptial encouragement or dwarflet production purposes (especially since adding them to burrows results in cancellation spam that won't stop until you give up and remove them from the burrow if they were in the process of hauling something).

I'm sure it CAN be done with DFHacking, but it wouldn't be trivial, as DF doesn't have any way to disable burrows internally, so you'd probably have to fake it by creating a permanent storage to which you move the burrow members when the burrow is disabled and move them back when it is enabled, while, at the same time, somehow allow you to see who the members of an inactive burrow are and manipulate that set. Obviously, there may also be an easy way I fail to think of...

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 05:45:15 am »

PatrikLundell, thank you.
The answer I feared, that is. 
Another, is there?

- Uoda
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.