Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FFXIV: A Thread Reborn 2020 - Hyperion?  (Read 2216 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: FFXIV: A Thread Reborn 2020 - Hyperion?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 04:35:48 pm »

I wish I had internet to play with you folks.

They marked out where to lay the lines, hopefully this is a sign that they will get me internet soon.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 04:39:34 pm »

They marked out where to lay the lines, hopefully this is a sign that they will get me internet soon.

Bury bones somewhere along the path they painted. Everyone will agree it was a very good joke.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 04:46:32 pm »

Bury bones somewhere along the path they painted. Everyone will agree it was a very good joke.

I could get one of those Halloween springing-hand traps and make it poke up so when they move the dirt it goes hello.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 11:01:07 am »

Ok, I found a part of the story I actually liked: The story arcs for the Arcanist and the Rogue, respectively. It felt like some actual talent was involved, as well as some actual effort in cinematography. I'm genuinely disappointed that it looks like the characters in these side stories are confined to their small bit, and I'll never see them again, cause they were actually likable. Milala was the first Lalafell that didn't seem like a total joke; and K'lyhia had a really charming arc.

And then I've had some real precious moments: like where I hit the gil cap for the free trial (can't have more than 300k) and I go to Hawker's Alley to offload some of this cash so I can make more, and I'm sidelined by a Bard that is playing Mario and Zelda tunes on his harp. I emote /sit on the ground and just spend like 15 minutes listening to this one-man-band doing amateur renditions of all these classic tunes. He even had a VERY rough version of "Never Gonna Give You Up" but it was just delightful to hear. I applauded and had to thank him for the free entertainment.

And there was a very laughable moment, when I was doing the initial questline to unlock the Ninja class, and that entailed going into a dangerous area in order to proc a cutscene. I do so, and watch the cutscene, and the MOMENT my character is returned to reality, I'm one-shot by a level 50 Tonberry that I didn't even know was there. It wasn't a big deal, but I was like "Really? REALLY?".

I'll be upgrading to the full game probably tonight, I have several classes at the level cap of 35, some solid progress in some of the gathering and crafting jobs (especially fishing, that got maxed out almost immediately), and I'm constantly hassling with my inventory to free up space for all the shit I'm always picking up. I'm at the very end of the line of Main Story Quests that are available to me, so I pretty much have to upgrade if I want to continue on with the story, and I'm pretty invested now, though the main story so far is still fairly underwhelming. Though I've been assured that it gets better, so I'll see it through.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:05:03 am by JoshuaFH »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 12:06:46 pm »

The JOB stories tend to be roundly phenomenal. Some are absolutely better than others (DRK is one of the best, easily) but they are all quite enjoyable.

Arcanist was my first job. An old legacy exploit from when jobs worked differently is that leveling Arcanist gets you both Summoner and Scholar. Since the two jobs share a base class (Arcanist) leveling Summoner ALSO LEVELS SCHOLAR AT THE SAME TIME. You get a DPS and a Healer for free. Scholar is also my healer of choice, it puts damage shields on everything.

Good news though, gonna have real big boy internet as of the 16th. So I can get back into FFXIV.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 04:50:33 pm »

Fun fact double post:

Even the individual crafting classes have full-on cutscene driven story to go along with them.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 12:45:21 pm »

So, did this ever take off? Is there a Bay12 FC or linkshell?

Made and boosted a character on Hyperion to play with an old Guild Wars buddy and then I belatedly remembered that this is also where some people from here are sticking around.  :D
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 12:52:42 pm »

I'm too anxious to deal with having tasks to do right now, and also the game felt too much like being alone surrounded by people for me.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 12:53:31 pm »

I'm now an officer in the FC I've belonged to for years, if you want in. We don't have a Bay 12 FC, as it were, but we could certainly set up a linkshell. I finally started playing regularly again.

The FC (Crimson Moon) is super chill and oriented towards helping new folks get into it. Hit me up with your name in message, or hit up Dunamis Mavros in game.
Pages: 1 [2]