Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Software Inc. - Game Dev Tycoon (on crack) + Sims  (Read 20254 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Software Inc. - Game Dev Tycoon (on crack) + Sims
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2018, 10:14:29 pm »

How to make oodles of money:
Get receptionist.
Get Design contracts.  All of them. 
Keep projects as long as possible.  You'll also get some reputation related to what you work on once you turn them in. 
Caveat, if you do great or outstanding quality job, competitors you work for are more likely to release great/outstanding products. 
You can pause actual work midway and just collect the money till the last day.

I'd say marketing and support too, at least in the current alpha 10.  So far no reputation drop or penalty for failing to keep up. 
I think it'll be changed later or it might be bugged cause of the anyfin mod I'm running..
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2018, 12:58:05 am »

I’ve been playing Alpha 10 but I have no idea what I am doing, my first 2D editor made me a multimillionare but every thing else just tanks.

Also it seems no matter what I do my software quality is always bad.

I would try alpha 9 but, I quite like the features of A10, renting office space, savings accounts, things like that.

Also in regards to the savings accounts I am not totaly sure how the menu for it works, if you try to take money from the free to withdraw total, it pops up a warning dialogue about potential lost intrest.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2018, 05:51:37 am »

All youtuber had the same outcome, something is messed up
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2020, 10:04:25 pm »

So...

Necro, sure, but I don’t think it’s necessarily worth making a new thread.

Does anyone still play this?

Messing around in Alpha 11.5, seems to be a lot more playable than 11.4, at least I can live off contracts for a bit with low skill employees.

I know nothing of the more advanced parts though. Not sure how the Law skill works, nor about filing for patents or researching the various upgrades in technology. For some reason I just keep restarting the game to see how long it takes for me to start chugging out products. I am a strange one.

I also don’t really like the fact the founder is a machine, and doesn’t draw a salary.

I also haven’t played around with the new stock market much. I accidentally acquired a company and it’s products when I bought a slice of it and then got a message a year or so later saying they had put more stock up for sale. It was like 25% for less than the price I paid for my 0.8% stake, but apparently that meant I bought the company? I sold off all their IPs ‘cause I wasn’t making 2D editors.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2020, 10:43:46 pm »

I still play occasionally. I played a fair bit back in October when Alpha 11 first came out. Law skill is used for filing patents on new tech after you research it. I remember the patent speed being real slow, but maybe I just didn't have enough lawyers. The building is much better than it used to be, that's for sure. I think I've got about 100 hours in it at this point. The slow pace of development is annoying though, but it just means that I end up playing the game in short bursts throughout the years as it gets updated.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2020, 10:53:23 pm »

There's also using a team of lawyers to settle lawsuits after you get a deal for a million or so dollars for developing a game from a publisher and not delivering a game :P

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2020, 12:45:34 am »

When lawyers were introduced they allowed you to make huge profits with publisher deals.  Plan software to be best, get publisher to fund it, design for 2 seconds, code for 0, lawyer for a few days because you didn't deliver a salable product, settle at a profit, repeat.

You could be a multi-million dollar software company that employed one software dev and a dozen lawyers.

Kind of hope they fixed that.  Something like making the reputation hit actually matter or publishers remember you scammed them out of dump trucks of money before.  I can hope.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:56:11 pm by Shooer »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2020, 03:45:55 am »

IIRC it was made so that publishers you have previously failed a deal with don't offer new deals.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 04:51:41 am »

I also don’t really like the fact the founder is a machine, and doesn’t draw a salary.

They could do so much more with that.  Realistically, the founder take money not as salary but as dividends from the company and live off that.  If they don't have any money, then they would be sleeping in their office and sponge bathing in the sink.  They would use their money to rent an apartment or buy a house.  If the founder is basically the player, then the player could make those decisions, with consequences such as a cheap bed at home means the founder sometimes oversleeps and arrives late to work, etc.

EDIT: Hey, even if the founder was a machine, than it would probably syphon off funds for its world domination and other plans.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2020, 09:04:31 am »

IIRC it was made so that publishers you have previously failed a deal with don't offer new deals.

damn, was really amused by that bug :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]