Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Militia Commander offsite... help?  (Read 505 times)

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
Militia Commander offsite... help?
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:14:45 am »

My Militia Commander and two best squads went on a raid mission to rescue dorf prisoners. (I used the raid not the rescue mission)

Years later and they never came back. I sent other squads to the same locations which in the past has helped unblock lost squads. No sign of the missing elite axe dwarves. Oh well, I will just train some new ones. Except without a Militia Commander I cannot reorganise my military at all. Doh!

I understand there are some bugs and some known issues here... BUT any clever ideas to help me bring them home or else unlock and reassign the job? (Exploits/cheating would be OK too)

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Militia Commander offsite... help?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 11:59:30 am »

I had this happen to me half my army went somewhere and never came back.  Several raids with other squads came and went fine.   I eventually had to go to a previous save several years prior.  :(   Maybe someone else has a trick.
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 01:49:00 am »

Did anyone from those squads return? Only asking this, because against the larger populated forts, it can be a very long time to see them return, if they are successful, the log will scroll forever... kiled 1 of 135 trolls, killed 4 of 800 beak dogs, etc.. until its vanquished um all. So you set it to basic raid, not pillage or raze site?

My advice, turn on fastdwarf, with teleport, if its stuck saying 'traveling...' in military squad position list for him.

MIA soldiers need a lil fleshing out, if you ask me.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 05:53:41 am »

Good ideas thanks. Never considered teleport as I assumed fastdwarf only worked onsite?

I sent a squad to demand surrender which worked... a year later still no news of the missing squads and I  decided To retire the fortress and start again. 

The military generally needs a load of work!