Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feature complete smaller worldgen recipes?  (Read 726 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Feature complete smaller worldgen recipes?
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:18:16 pm »

Basically, I want a world with plenty of necromancers, megabeasts, and a few civilizations warring about, but small enough for it to be able to run worldgen for more than 1000 years without crashing, and without necromancers, titans, et al completely dying out.

Is there any known worldgen recipe that fits this?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feature complete smaller worldgen recipes?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 10:25:17 pm »

Basically, I want a world with plenty of necromancers, megabeasts, and a few civilizations warring about, but small enough for it to be able to run worldgen for more than 1000 years without crashing, and without necromancers, titans, et al completely dying out.

Is there any known worldgen recipe that fits this?
Probably needs mods. Necromancers are currently set up to be able to destroy most worlds in 600+ years right now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Feature complete smaller worldgen recipes?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 10:33:34 pm »

Odd because my necromancers keep getting wiped out in a smaller region world :( They dont really thrive

Edit: I think I figured out the problem. I was increasing the number of semimegabeast caves thinking they'd spawn only in caves. It's not the case, and my necromancers invariably end up picking a fight with an ettin and getting killed

Edit 2: indeed, reducing the amount of megabeasts and semimegabeasts seems to have boosted my necromancer's life expectancy (which before that was not much longer than that of regular members of their race by virtue of picking a fight with the closest one early on)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:12:30 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.