Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Infant Tale II: You reincarnated to another world(Isekai Quest)  (Read 2625 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Infant Tale II: You reincarnated to another world(Isekai Quest)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 08:49:33 am »

Oh hey, this is Latin. Do we remember any Latin from our college days?

How do you react to this?
Happy for the attention

Do you respond/ if so, how?
Repeat back to the child, in a dull monotone, staring into his eyes, word for word: “O ecce puer est, et quaeritis me. Nonne sicut odor? Ego bet omnium olfacies peius id Tempus est, et ne quidem animadverto est. Ugggh ego etiam sum, quod loquitur ad vos? Ite sedent in vitiantur odoribus aurae.”
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:58:21 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 10:01:00 am »

How do you react to this?
Puzzled

Do you respond/ if so, how?
“O quaeritis cessabit?, quiescis?, carrota radices?”

Happy for the attention
“O quaeritis cessabit?, quiescis?, carrota radices?”

Perfectly understandable.

Edit:
Ooh, here's a good idea!
Spit back toward the other child, without hitting him.
It makes sense to return his gesture of acquaintance/friendship. Plus it's good practice for our fine motor skills.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:59:20 am by mightymushroom »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 04:03:33 pm »

You have been reincarnated to another world as an infant: Chapter 5: Your Death
Spoiler: Winning options (click to show/hide)

Language roll 1: 39
Reaction roll 1: 92
Reaction roll 2: 10
Motor roll: 4

When you hear the other boy's words you are confused. But, maybe if you say something you can become less confused. Besides you were planning on saying some of the words you have heard anyways. Now is the perfect opportunity. So you try to say something.
You start with "O". which is fairly easy for you to make. Although you end up making the sound more than the 1 time you intended. Then you try to say "quaeritis". But it comes out more like "gergeritit" you are slightly disappointed that it did not come out how you wanted it to but you press on. It seems that you have difficulties making "q" and "s" sounds. Your throat felt weird when you were trying to make those sounds and the sounds you actually made did not match what you wanted them to be.
Next you struggle to say "cessabit" slowly. You end up saying "geta-baba-bat".
Next you try to say "quiescis" in a questioning manner. But you end up sounding like "guietis"
Then you try to say "carrota radices?" but It comes out more like "garrota radit"
All together it sounds like "O O gergeritit geta-baba-bat? guietis? garrota radit?"

As you finish saying that it dawns on you that this language sounds kind of like Latin. Although, you don't know why. What is Latin in the first place? Whatever it is you feel it has something to do with amo, amat, and amamus. Or maybe Amanda? Dismissing your thoughts you spit at the boy according to the style of good manners that he set for you. You spit at a bad time and your spit flies back inside your basket and lands on your chest.

Then the boy begins to laugh at you while slapping his basket. Then his hand goes though part of his basket.
Then he yells "Cur ego conlidam in canistro manu mea? Haec omnis culpa tua infantem stultus! Inde etiam stultus ut exspueret in facies tua. "
Then he yells in a whiny way " Pater, meus victus est cartallum"
Then he scowls at you again.

You are shocked by his loud yelling and after wiping the spit off your chin and chest with part of your blanket. You hide inside your blanket. Your soft brown blanket. Inside your blanket, you notice that what looks like a tiny buffalo was embroidered into the blanket. You think it might have been an artist's or craftsman's mark before you fall asleep.

Sleep roll:67
Ideas roll: 3
Event roll: 40
Historical roll:63
Death roll 1:8
Death roll 2:44
death roll 3:90
Skill roll: 12

When you awake you begin to search your memories trying to find books, ideas, or events of your old life. But most of all you want to remember your death and what life was like in the period leading up to your death. You thought it simple, to begin with, things less charged. So you tried to focus on memories of books or striking ideas. But you found it hard to find anything there right now. Until you remember a theory that you looked on with distaste. A weird "friend" of yours once told you that secretly a second cold war had begun in the biological arena. A secret contest between nations to create the most power bioweapons ever. But, whether he was right or not does not matter that much. Then your mind begins to think of the events preceding your death. You remember that it was the year 2020. All of your classes suddenly became online classes due to a global pandemic. So you had to head to your family's home after spring break. When you arrived home, your family was somewhat prepared but they wanted to be able to help others in the dark times you faced. In addition to your heavy load of classes. You found yourself working with your parents in their house based mask workshop. At a certain point, you were collectively making over 200 masks a day. You spent hours making masks. You remember some of the sewing you did but for now, the technique till illudes you. You were afraid that you might die of the disease. But, ultimately you died by human hands. You were in the process of loading boxes of homemade masks into a minivan to be brought to a nearby retirement home. When suddenly, you were stabbed from behind by a masked man. You screamed loudly because of the intense pain. The man stole the box of masks that you dropped. You saw him place it into the back of his car that was parked nearby. When you managed to stop your self from screaming you began to fumble with your phone to call the police. As you did that you saw him steal another box from the back of the minivan before driving off. The last thing that was frozen into your mind was "77Y-12" the first five digits of the license plate of your attacker's car. The last thing you did before you breathed your last was tell the first 5 digits of the license plate number to the dispatcher. Hopefully, what you managed to convey was enough for the police to catch them. But, you have no way of confirming whether he was brought to justice. Maybe you would have been able to finish the call if  As you think of this your lungs burn with illusory pain and you scream loudly before your mind suppresses the rest of the details of the event. However, you are now hyperventilating and crying from the lingering experience of reliving your death even if only briefly. 

When you manage to calm down a bit you are oddly slightly satisfied by the manner of your death. For at least you died while working to help others. (Trait revealed: Worker for the troubled: Whenever, you are working to in some way to help people in terrible situations you receive a bonus to roll relating to endurance, focus, motivation, or physical effort.)   

Sense roll:33
math roll:7
Energy roll 26
Energy roll 2: 53

When you next awake and push aside the blanket from your eyes. You notice that the other boy's donkey is no longer next to you which makes you slightly lonely. Until you notice that the giant woman is walking next to your donkey.
When she notices that you are awake she says "Dotar retardo" Then your donkey slows to a very slow pace and moves sideways towards her. She then fetches your basket and begins to carry you in it. Then she says "Dotar aliquam" and the donkey begins to move faster and moves slightly away from her. As you are being carried you realize that the donkeys' are moving in lanes with mostly uniform spacing between them. You are currently being carried in the opposite direction of the donkey's movement through one of the lanes. As you are being carried you try to count the rows. It appears that the column is at least 8 donkey's thick. As you are carried back you begin counting how many donkeys you pace in your head with the aid of your fingers. '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12' you count in your head So 12 times 8 is something. You wish you remembered what. Anyways on the outer rows, you now notice that there are guards sitting on donkeys' on the edge of the rows every 5 rows. You crest a hill right after you reach the end of the donkey's in this direction and see four wagons pulled by Giant Beatles to the sides. There is a big empty space between the two wagons closest to the center. There are a lot of people. When you start counting you manage to count over 50 people walking before you get behind the first row of huge wagons. You notice as you are walking that there are huge bags attached to the back of the beatles that are filled with poo. You do not envy the person who has to remove those. You are brought behind to the back of one of the wagons where the giant woman climbs on. She changes you inside a curtained off section and shakes your diaper off over a hole that is in the floor. Afterward, she sits on the back of the wagon and nurses you. Unlike usual, she uses a blanket which she retrieves from her bag to cover you and her breasts as she feeds you. Much to her dismay, it falls to the side once but she quickly shifts it back over you. This blanket is much more scratchy than your basket blanket. Which you don't like. When you finish she burps you and places you back into the basket. On your way back to your donkey you fall asleep. Full and content. But, before you do you hear her ask another woman something about "Summumo Lugnuxo Lupo Ungo"*

What do you want to focus on? What do you want to think about? (Please choose up to 4.)

Spoiler: Focus Actions: (click to show/hide)

How do you want to try to learn this new language?  (Choose top 2 options)
Spoiler: Language Approach: (click to show/hide)

There are many things to look at. What do you notice? (Choose 2 options)

Spoiler: Senses: (click to show/hide)

Movement is happening. This is fun. Unfortunately, this movement is not under your power but that of the donkey your basket is attached to.  How do you handle this? (Please pick 1)

Spoiler: Movement: (click to show/hide)

Mystery Dice results:
1:
2:

Spoiler: Meta Questions: (click to show/hide)
*I am not sure if this means what I think it means. I modified some words that are usually nouns to act as adjectives to try to get the meaning I wanted. So, I am not sure if I did it correctly because it has been a while since I had to use the second declension. I also had a few words that I only knew what they were in plural that I wanted to use singular. If you are referring to the same thing using multiple names or adjectives. Usually, you want the endings to match. It can be a bit tricky to figure out how much of the word needs to be changed. And declensions tend to my weak spot when it comes to Latin anyway.
OOC: I am hoping to get the next update out around 9 to 11 pm. this Saturday. 
OOC 2: I just realized that I forgot to write a scene where we tried to say "Ignis" sorry about that. I will put it in the next update instead because I already have this one out.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:28:25 pm by High tyrol »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 04:18:36 pm »

Language Suggestion
Listen for more sounds and words. Think about them more.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 08:42:00 pm »

Focus Actions
Chew on the basket that holds you whenever you have the chance. You don't have teeth yet but maybe you can get drool all over the basket.
You review objects and things from your old world.
Prayer

I'm having too much fun roleplaying a baby to leave that unvoted.
And if we were such a helpful person in our past life, perhaps we were religious as well. Guess we'll find out.

Language Approach
Attempt to mimic the words that you understood last "cessabit" and "quiescis".

Senses
You look for any movement.
Write-in: Study the other people around you. Work on recognizing more and more individuals.

Movement
You try to pull yourself out of the basket.
Write-in modification: Try to pull yourself up in the basket, but not falling climbing out yet.

Meta
2 Mystery dice
Play it out

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 03:11:29 am »

Focus Actions
Chew on the basket that holds you whenever you have the chance. You don't have teeth yet but maybe you can get drool all over the basket.
You review objects and things from your old world.
Prayer

I'm having too much fun roleplaying a baby to leave that unvoted.
And if we were such a helpful person in our past life, perhaps we were religious as well. Guess we'll find out.

Language Approach
Attempt to mimic the words that you understood last "cessabit" and "quiescis".

Senses
You look for any movement.
Write-in: Study the other people around you. Work on recognizing more and more individuals.

Movement
You try to pull yourself out of the basket.
Write-in modification: Try to pull yourself up in the basket, but not falling climbing out yet.

Meta
2 Mystery dice
Play it out

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2020, 12:55:16 am »

You have been reincarnated to another world as an infant: Chapter 6, A Land of Donkey's and Baskets. Also you are finally on the ground again and out of this basket.
Spoiler: Winning options (click to show/hide)

objects roll: 78
Sense roll: 66
language roll: 20

You awake with a soft yawn. You can hear the clopping of hooves upon stone. As your eyes open you notice how appealling the edge of your basket is. So what else can you do. You lean forward and place your mounth around the edge of the basket. It tastes like alfalfa and wood. It is woven using a combination of larger strips and small but stiff stems. The bit of basket in your mouth swells larger as it absorbs your saliva. Your tounge moves across the small holes in the weave feeling the contrast in texture. You never would have imagined that a basket could be so tasty. Although, why you think grass and wood are tasty you have no idea. Although, the taste pales in comparison to milk the texture is still very interesting.
You continue to knaw on the basket as best you can without any teeth as you begin to think. You try to remember some objects of your former life. One of the things that comes swiftly to you mind is the gyoza that your brother, nathaniel used to make with your mother. Your mother had a small cookbook of recipies that she had collected during her time in China. There were a lot of amazing recipies in that book. Nathaniel was a lot better at the steamed and baked dishes. While you were better with things that were fried, grilled, or stewed. You also remember the time that you won the spicy chili competition at the plumbers association fundraiser. Although, you were in no way a plumber yourself, a relative had invited you and you decided it was a good chance to show off your spicy buffalo Chili. You used habaneros, big jims, and anaheims as your main peppers. Thinking of that event also caused you to think of some of the other competitions that that you participated in. The biggest competition you were part of was your robotics team. Your team changed a lot. Starting with only 8 people and over 7 years grew to have over 200 hundred teenagers from around the metroplex. Out of those 7 years you went to state every year but the first. You went to state all but the first year you participated. You also once particpated in an absolutely exhuasting team 24hour programing competition. You were the least experienced team member and you wished that you could have been more helpful. At least you managed to write code to create a solution for 1 of the 12 problems you were supposed to work on. But since everyone else managed to get at least 3 in the same amount of time you don't feel particularly proud about it. This causes you to remember that the programming languages that you used to code in were C++, Java, and x86 Assembly. Although, you don't think computer coding is likely to be useful here in this land of donkeys and baskets.     
You think of the old fishing hat your father gave you. You would always forget it the few times you tried to fish but would often wear it when it was not necesary. For one summer you wore it practicaly every day beacuse it was nice for keeping the sun of your face.

You stop chewing on the basket and look around focusing on trying to recognize the people around you. You see to the right of your donkey a bit away is a man on the back of a donkey. He is wearing an uncomfortably hot looking stuffed coat despite the moderate heat. There is a shield attached to his left arm. You also notice that he is bald with long untrimmed sideburns. A brown metal cap appears to be hanging from a spear he has attached to his saddle with a knot of some kind. You also notice that the saddle appears to be missing stirrups. He also has a long quiver on his back that has 8 fairly long and thick poles coming out of it. He also has a shorter weirdly shaped stick attached to his leather belt. It has a notch at one end. You spot another man similarly dressed further away but can not make out his features.
You try to call out to one of the guards with "Oh cessabit? quiescis" Your pronouciation is better than last time but you are still messing it up. However, you say it too quietly for the man to hear.   
After you call out you spot some one approach from the front by the side of the caravan on a horse. He waves at the man on the donkey and says "Salve, Brutus." Then as he continues riding he also says "Nos prope ad claudorum aridorum expectantium." Brutus responds with "Salve, amica."

prayer roll 1: 55
prayer roll 2: 44

Then you notice that since you have ended up in this new body that you have not prayed. You start by mentally asking "Why am I here? How does this fit into your desires? Are you trying to tell me something by doing this?" You pause a moment and continue "My heavenly father how does this play into what you promised? Why am I not with you?"
You pray about how you long for others. You miss your family. You still have not figured out how to talk. Then you realize that because you are in a position where you are helpless. Now, you don't have any reason to worry. You don't need to have regret now because regardless of what you do at this point, you will have plenty of time to make up for any messes or mistakes you make. After these first emotional questions and statements, you feel slightly more at peace. Now you remember some of the things you used to say in your prayers. You continue very quietly murmuring "My heavenly father. Holy be your name. May your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Then you pause because you wonder if you should ask for his will to be done in this place as well. Then you continue "Give us this day our daily bread" or milk in your case. "And forgive us our sins as we also forgive those sin against us." As usual, you try to reflect on any sins you may have committed. One thing comes slowly to mind. Perhaps by waiting so long before seeking God after arriving in this new body, you were neglecting your relationship with God. You thoughts swirl for a short bit. Then you continue. "Lead us not into to temptation, but deliver us from evil" At first you are unsure of what temptations you could face as an infant. Maybe when you are a bit older you might have to make sure you are obedient to your new parents. You then realize that the biggest temptation here is to abandon your God entirely. What does the bible have to say about reincarnation? It talks about the resurrection and getting new bodies sure. But you had thought in the past that it would be ab adult body. After wasn't Adom created as an adult? And where are all the other believers? The fact that you were brought here is supernatural evidence. But does it actually support the God you believe in? If the God who saved you from yourself brought you here then He must have a reason. After all, before you were saved you wanted to conquer the world. Whatever that reason is will be revealed in His timing. Perhaps He wants you to bring the message of Jesus to this new land. You don't know. But somehow you feel that the last sentence of the lord's prayer is most comforting to you now. When you can hardly do anything. You are at God's mercy in an obvious way. Anyone who wishes you evil could easily harm you now. All you can do is grow, learn, hope, and pray that you will be delivered from whatever Evil might endanger you. Getting through this you remember how you used to regularly read your bible. But now you cannot. The only words you have from it are the ones you have hidden in your heart. Then you realize that you have been literally born again. In addition to the saving grace that transformed you as you realized that you wanted to be reconciled to God. When you realized that you had been a fool who was choosing to go down a path of evil only looking after your own self-interest and the power you gain over others. You also have been physically born again out of the womb of your new mother whom you sadly have not seen since your birth.
You did not have a huge amount of the scripture memorized. But, you did have a decent amount. A decent chunk of it had been memorized in the year before your death. You had felt that you needed to memorize more of the bible. So you memorized both some individual verses as well as attempted to memorize one long chapter, Psalm 119. Unfortunately, you were unable to memorize most of it before your death. But at least you managed to memorize a few sections before your demise.       

Strength roll: 7-25+10 = -12 Artificial crit fail (However, because I already wrote the rest of the update I am not going to propagate the effects of this to the rest of the update like I would usually do with a crit.)

You attempt to pull yourself up to stand. Your hands grab the edge of the basket tightly. But when you try to pull your self up your arms burn. You do not stand up. You don't even feel your weight shift from your butt to your legs. It looks like you will have to do something else now.

Sense roll:33

Then you notice that Brutus seems more energetic. Then the donkeys begin to stop. A few horsemen come from the front and make a hand sign. Brutus then yells "de asinis triginta spread" then donkeys begin to spread out and there is now more space between them. You watch with fascination as Brutus directs the donkey to move. The donkeys begin to move forward again. Then you crest a hill and see a beautiful pond. Part of the water is shining in the sun's radiant light. Another portion is shaded by large trees that are growing by the edge of the water. on this side, however, you mainly see rushes and reeds. But you do see a portion where sand and small stones border the edge of the large pond. You also see what appears to be a well nearby. You can see some stopped carts as well as two tents. There is also a bustle of activity as people scramble to put up tents. You then see the giant woman approach and take you out of the basket and place you atop your blanket on a patch of sand. In front of you are at least a hundred people putting up tents and unpacking donkeys, carts, and Beatles. You notice that some men shifting some blocks of what appears to be salt in one of the wagons. So far you see about 6 wagons about mainly to your left to your right is the lake and behind you don't know.   

How do you feel about being off that donkey.
Spoiler: Emotions: (click to show/hide)
      What do you want to focus on? What do you want to think about? (Please choose up to 5.)

Spoiler: Focus Actions: (click to show/hide)

How do you want to try to learn this new language?  (Choose top option)
Spoiler: Language Approach: (click to show/hide)

There are many things to look at. What do you notice? (Choose 1 option other that the [Auto] one. )

Spoiler: Senses: (click to show/hide)

Movement is happening. This is fun. Unfortunately, this movement is not under your power but that of the donkey your basket is attached to.  How do you handle this? (Please pick 2. Don't choose multiple crawling actions though)

Spoiler: Movement: (click to show/hide)

Mystery Dice results:
1: 52
2: 80

Spoiler: Meta Questions: (click to show/hide)
Edit: I added the section. However, I rolled really bad when rolling for effect so I basically wrote that it did not work. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:18:18 pm by High tyrol »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2020, 04:51:45 am »

* Excitement

What do you want to focus on? What do you want to think about?
* You review objects and things from your old world.
* You review random ideas or books from your old world.
* You review events from your old life.
* Meditating
* Try to see how much of psalm 119 you remember.

How do you want to try to learn this new language?
* Try to find a way to talk in your old language.

There are many things to look at. What do you notice?
* Try to look at things by the pond.

Movement is happening. This is fun. Unfortunately, this movement is not under your power but that of the donkey your basket is attached to.  How do you handle this?
* Try to sit.
* Try to crawl on your belly as far as you can
-* Crawl towards the pond.

Meta Questions:
How long do you want to spend on the road?
* 3 sounds fine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2020, 10:45:36 am »

* Excitement

What do you want to focus on? What do you want to think about?
* You review objects and things from your old world.
* You review random ideas or books from your old world.
* You review events from your old life.
* Meditating
* Try to see how much of psalm 119 you remember.

How do you want to try to learn this new language?
* Try to find a way to talk in your old language.

There are many things to look at. What do you notice?
* Try to look at things by the pond.

Movement is happening. This is fun. Unfortunately, this movement is not under your power but that of the donkey your basket is attached to.  How do you handle this?
* Try to sit.
* Try to crawl on your belly as far as you can
-* Crawl towards the pond.

Meta Questions:
How long do you want to spend on the road?
* 3 sounds fine.
+1

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 05:57:21 pm »

Two Things:
First:
Currently, Everything is tied between two things with two votes on King Zultan's plan and 2 votes on a plan on the other forum. Normally I would just flip a coin to see which one wins. But unlike most times, most of the points are different rather than just a few. The mistake I explain below also contributes to my decision to wait a bit longer before posting the next update. Depending upon the time I will try to get a new update out tonight. If I don't I will just have to release one Tuesday as well to hit my update target. 

Second:
I have realized that I need to change something about how I am approaching this quest. When I was reviewing the last update and thinking about what choices I wanted to have available. I realized that I had missed one of the actions. Then I started looking back through the previous updates and realized that most updates I was missing something without realizing it. In the last update, I forgot about the action to try to stand up in the basket. So, I apologize for essentially cheating you out of an action. I am going to try to add in a section covering that tonight. In retrospect, it is easy to forget things when writing at 1 am.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:21:21 pm by High tyrol »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2020, 07:04:33 pm »

Emotion: Happiness
Language: Listen for more sounds and words. Think about them more.
Focus: Review objects from the old world
Review random ideas or books from the old world
Senses: Look at things by the pond

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 09:02:56 pm »

I am sorry, but I don't think I am going to be able to get an update out tonight. I ate too much fatty food last night and ended up throwing up last night. Then today I have had a hard time focusing on anything. I ended up falling asleep at my computer while I was writing this afternoon. I also ended up being unusually unproductive with my homework. Normally I have my Tuesday homework done by the end of Monday. But I don't. I am going to make sure I write at least an hour a day on this so I should be able to get the next update out tomorrow. Then, I can likely get another one out by Thursday.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 09:55:33 pm »

Heh, no worries. Take care of yourself.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2]