Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can i change ranged weapon's fire rate??  (Read 876 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can i change ranged weapon's fire rate??
« on: April 03, 2020, 05:04:55 am »

Any ways to change fire rate?(not skill level)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can i change ranged weapon's fire rate??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 05:11:46 am »

Without copious abuse of dfhack, no.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 09:37:24 am »

You "sort of" can, but only in that you can increase a projectile's top speed. In short: units will only fire once their previous projectile has hit. And a faster projectile will hit earlier.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 08:05:31 pm »

You "sort of" can, but only in that you can increase a projectile's top speed. In short: units will only fire once their previous projectile has hit. And a faster projectile will hit earlier.
I don't know if it used to work like that, but it doesn't now. Currently, units that fire get an internal counter set (based on weapon skill, and between 40-80 ticks), and that counter has to run out before the unit will shoot again. If you were to edit the internal counter through dfhack, you can make a unit shoot much faster and even get several projectiles in the air at the same time.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 01:42:02 am »

I never used it myself, but here's a dfhack script / utility that somebody made for modifying the fire rates of weapons. It's based on the ammo it uses, but you can always edit it to suit your needs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 12:53:44 pm »

I don't know if it used to work like that, but it doesn't now. Currently, units that fire get an internal counter set (based on weapon skill, and between 40-80 ticks), and that counter has to run out before the unit will shoot again. If you were to edit the internal counter through dfhack, you can make a unit shoot much faster and even get several projectiles in the air at the same time.
Well, that's what I get for using outdated info.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?