Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)  (Read 114210 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 06:53:52 pm »

If someone captures some footage of multiplayer play, we could probably impress Toady in the upcoming FotF. :)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 07:16:15 pm »

Do you know how long we have till the next FotF?
I was hoping to try to stream a multiplayer game but I had trouble compiling it. Now with this release, I am going to try doing as soon as I get through finals. I am looking for people to play it with me as well.   

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 07:22:57 pm »

Do you know how long we have till the next FotF?

4 days.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 07:24:11 pm »

Oh, well I guess someone else will have to do it if we want a video before it comes out.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2020, 01:21:34 am »

Wow!  This is already awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it could go in future...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

DarthRubik

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Rubik's Cubes for their colorful pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2020, 07:15:05 am »

PTW

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2020, 01:22:56 pm »

Posting to say that I've played around with this and it works insanely smoothly. I didn't host so I can't say what the experience was like to set up a server, but as a player, you literally open up firefox/chrome, go to a URL, and play dwarf fortress. From a player's perspective, here's some tips to other players:
- I strongly recommend having a voice chat going with the other players because a pretty high degree of co-operation is required not to shoot your fortress in the foot,
- Sparing use of the "\" key, which disables multiplex mode, can brute force through any menu that doesn't work, but WARN PEOPLE BEFORE YOU PRESS IT; it kicks them out of their menu and if they press any buttons while you're sorting out whatever you're sorting out, there *will* be issues,
- Try to co-ordinate 'pause game' time. Some things are much easier to do while pausing (mainly, tracking down and viewing individual dwarves), whereas some things can't be done at all (like waiting for someone to dig out a room so you can put workshops in it). So try to keep at the back of your mind what you'll do when someone else has to pause so that you aren't sitting around bored,
- Pretty much constant communication is key. If you aren't telling people what you're doing, it's easy to massively over-produce, say, doors (if two people notice a door shortage and both try to fix it) or accidentally use up all of your coal or something.
- there's no mouse support, but you'd be forgiven for not noticing.
-ENABLE AUTOSAVING

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2020, 03:55:54 pm »

This is super cool!...
Sadly I can't figure out how to get it to work. :(
I've downloaded df 0.44.12 with dfhack, then added the dfplex raw and hack folders to the df folder to integrate them, and added the dfhack.init file provided. When I run it throws the error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

Any suggestions?
flbr was
hit by the what the fuck-truck
It was very effective!

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2020, 04:08:22 pm »

This is super cool!...
Sadly I can't figure out how to get it to work. :(
I've downloaded df 0.44.12 with dfhack, then added the dfplex raw and hack folders to the df folder to integrate them, and added the dfhack.init file provided. When I run it throws the error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

Any suggestions?

My tentative guess is that you downloaded the incorrect 32/64-bit dll. Try the other option. Please make sure that dwarf fortress, dfhack, and dfplex all are for the same architecture (32 or 64 bits), and that matches your operating system.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:25:20 pm by white-rabbit »

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2020, 04:09:53 pm »

Okay, I’ll try that!
flbr was
It was very effective!

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2020, 04:13:09 pm »

This is awesome sauce. Stuff of divinity.

Can't wait to see it mature.

Keep up the excelelent work.
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2020, 04:22:07 pm »

This is awesome sauce. Stuff of divinity.

Can't wait to see it mature.

Keep up the excelelent work.

Thanks!

- Pretty much constant communication is key. If you aren't telling people what you're doing, it's easy to massively over-produce, say, doors (if two people notice a door shortage and both try to fix it) or accidentally use up all of your coal or something.

Yeah, this is definitely a good reason to add in-game chat or something. And maybe some options to make it a little more stable if you're playing with mysterious strangers rather than friends. Or maybe there's no need, and the chaos would be fun.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:24:57 pm by white-rabbit »

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2020, 05:13:35 pm »

Not only did I get it to work, I automated it!
I wrote a little batch file (based on another one I've written to download df, dfhack, twbt, and a few graphics and color sets) that just downloads everything and organizes automatically.
Awesome work white-rabbit!

(here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vbIMbhigyN8he6qX915C5ngzIdpxPwGL)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:17:09 pm by flbr »
flbr was
It was very effective!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2020, 05:40:27 pm »

Holy **** :o This is without a doubt, the greatest invention since Work Orders.  Gods, I can scarce imagine the shenanigans we might create in a Succession Fortress.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13