Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)  (Read 117543 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2020, 06:21:27 pm »

Followed the instructions in the OP, but the game instantly closes as soon as dfplex is enabled. I've tried disabling it in the .ini and enabling it during fort mode, same result. I don't see any errors in the usual logs.

Windows 8.1
DF 0.44.12 x64 SDL Windows (small)
DFHack 0.44.12-r3 (release) on x86_64

Not only did I get it to work, I automated it!
I wrote a little batch file (based on another one I've written to download df, dfhack, twbt, and a few graphics and color sets) that just downloads everything and organizes automatically.
Awesome work white-rabbit!

(here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vbIMbhigyN8he6qX915C5ngzIdpxPwGL)

Seems like I'm missing some stuff:
Code: [Select]
Expand-Archive : The term 'Expand-Archive' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or
operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Expand-Archive -Path C:\dfplex\df.zip -DestinationPath C:\dfplex\df
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Expand-Archive:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
Code: [Select]
'curl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Using Windows 8.1, Powershell version 4.0.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:46:12 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2020, 06:46:50 pm »

My guess is that curl and that powershell command were added for windows 10, but I'm not sure...

Maybe this will help?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2710748/run-curl-commands-from-windows-console
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:32:09 pm by flbr »
flbr was
hit by the what the fuck-truck
It was very effective!

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2020, 07:34:47 pm »

Followed the instructions in the OP, but the game instantly closes as soon as dfplex is enabled. I've tried disabling it in the .ini and enabling it during fort mode, same result. I don't see any errors in the usual logs.

Windows 8.1
DF 0.44.12 x64 SDL Windows (small)
DFHack 0.44.12-r3 (release) on x86_64

Hmm, that's troubling. Here are some things to try:
- try not using the small DF release
- make sure that data/init/dfplex.txt exists.
- try a different port (edit dfplex.txt) for both the websocket and static server
- restart your computer
- try using the 32-bit version of everything in compatability mode.

I'll add some debug options in the next version to help identify the problem. (That won't be out for a while I'd imagine, however.)

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2020, 07:57:57 pm »

Using Windows 8.1, Powershell version 4.0.

Maybe try downloading cURL and using this instead?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14zXWVajEjAa1yBMd_Oq6gljodF-iD1hS
flbr was
It was very effective!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »

I got the script to work by downloading these:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616
https://curl.haxx.se/windows/

dfplex still doesn't work. Never mind, it works.

@white-rabbit
I'll try those things when I get the time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:53:58 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2020, 08:03:46 pm »

I got the script to work by downloading these:

That's probably for the best; the code that I found was sort of awful and weird. Nice job!
flbr was
It was very effective!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2020, 11:27:34 pm »

My own installation doesn't work. The one from @flbr's script does.

WinMerge says the two folders are identical.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Looks like either one was failing to load a certain percentage of the time. Disabling the Bay12 intro guarantees it will fail, which is probably the original problem I was having.

Edit II: Maybe you could include "curses_square_16x16.png" (with transparency fixed) in www\art\.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:51:32 am by Bumber »

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2020, 11:50:35 pm »

I'm also working on a linux version of my script if anyone is interested. We'll see how long it takes, but it should be up soonish.
flbr was
It was very effective!

lobstercow42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2020, 01:43:19 am »

So to start off this is absolutely amazing. I tried doing something like this at one point, but couldn't get two independent cursors to act.
In the middle of a fortress with a friend (who has never really played only watched) and it has been a blast. Some SCIENCE for development/other people looking to play

1. I'm not sure how to get the port to change away from 8000. I changed the static and other port in the dfplex.txt file but it doesn't seem to have made any changes and I am stuck using the "http//IP#:8000/"
2. For the most part controls work pretty well, but with all the pausing disabled workshop menus and such can get a little buggy w/ tasks getting shifted in the middle of a menu. Just move the cursor off, escape, and try again
3. Similarly, changing preferences through u->z->p->l doesn't seem to work most of the time as the final menu will get buggy, using the v->p->etc works fine though. Its mostly an issue when things are stacked together
4. Not sure how to disable the stonesense texture pack that came with it... I've only played vanilla for the last like 11 years so textures are weird
5. The only screen we have had to hit "\" to disable the multi cursor control is the trade interaction menu. Works fine otherwise!
6. I am hosting the server and have to play in the browser window, the main game window gets all buggy and I just minimize it
7. It's worth bringing someone online who has never played but is interested. It's pretty simple to teach someone how to designate digging for example, so while you get the workshops setup and jobs assigned they can just go draw the fort and with no pausing it will get dug up as they go. Then slowly give them more and more tasks and then tab away and write stuff on forums...
8. This is amazing

Screenshot of our lovely first layer
https://imgur.com/a/w2QlIUF
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:47:31 am by lobstercow42 »

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2020, 02:08:51 am »

1. I'm not sure how to get the port to change away from 8000. I changed the static and other port in the dfplex.txt file but it doesn't seem to have made any changes and I am stuck using the "http//IP#:8000/"

Just checked the source code -- indeed, this is a bug. It looks like you can set the port by setting the environment variable DFPLEX_STATICPORT before launching the game. You can do this from the Linux command line with e.g. export DFPLEX_STATICPORT=8080, and I'm sure there's some way to do it on Windows too.

4. Not sure how to disable the stonesense texture pack that came with it... I've only played vanilla for the last like 11 years so textures are weird

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have it default to using a graphics pack. Anyway, you can configure the graphics by editing `hack/www/config.js`. There are a number of graphics sets to choose from in the art/ subfolder. Additionally, players can individually set their preferred graphics by modifying the URL. (That's a feature from webfort. Here are the instructions.) I'm not sure what the most convenient way to implement this feature would be.

6. I am hosting the server and have to play in the browser window, the main game window gets all buggy and I just minimize it

Yeah, the main window isn't meant to be used except to hit the ESC key to save. That's all a little preliminary and I hope to make it more intuitive.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2020, 06:59:35 am »

Going to repost this in case you didn't see my earlier edit:
Using [INTRO:NO] seems to cause the issue where the game immediately closes.

It seems you can't toggle pause while in menus DF doesn't ordinarily let you unpause in (e.g., designations). Is it possible to fix that?

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2020, 01:11:36 pm »

Not only did I get it to work, I automated it!
I wrote a little batch file (based on another one I've written to download df, dfhack, twbt, and a few graphics and color sets) that just downloads everything and organizes automatically.
Awesome work white-rabbit!

(here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vbIMbhigyN8he6qX915C5ngzIdpxPwGL)

I'm also working on a linux version of my script if anyone is interested. We'll see how long it takes, but it should be up soonish.

This is awesome! I linked your script from the main post -- however, I have had some people ask me for troubleshooting help which I can't offer, so I took down the link. It looks like there are some dependencies your script requires, right? If you can consolidate all the info in one place, with advice for those gotchas in particular, I will include a link to that.

By the way, I just found out that the lin64 build has a dependency on boost 1.58.0, not sure if that influences your script.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:55:11 pm by white-rabbit »

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 03:02:52 pm »

Ah, okay, I'll check that out and let you know when it's all wrapped up!
flbr was
It was very effective!

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2020, 03:27:02 pm »

I'm writing a post for the script now
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:06:19 pm by flbr »
flbr was
It was very effective!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2020, 10:37:41 pm »

[Moved to appropriate thread]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:40:03 pm by Bumber »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13