Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)  (Read 117525 times)

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2020, 10:41:13 pm »

Announcements.txt.txt didn't replace announcements.txt. Not sure if it was a permissions issue or what.

Yeah, that would totally be my fault. I've updated that and the link is in my new post:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176250.0

I'm not sure about the deleting issue, but I ran into it before so it's probably something else that I didn't quite get right...
flbr was
hit by the what the fuck-truck
It was very effective!

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2020, 11:55:37 pm »

Edit:

I've updated that and the link is in my new post:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176250.0

Great, I'll edit my main post.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:27:42 am by white-rabbit »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2020, 12:12:43 am »

@white-rabbit
Looks like you quoted the OP instead of using the edit button.

Is support for keybinding dfhack command possible? Or at least a way to send dfhack commands to the server (using command-prompt command or otherwise.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2020, 10:32:46 am »

@white-rabbit
Looks like you quoted the OP instead of using the edit button.

(Oops. Fixed.)

Is support for keybinding dfhack command possible? Or at least a way to send dfhack commands to the server (using command-prompt command or otherwise.)

I don't think the dfhack keybindings are accessible. I can probably set that up though. command-prompt is intended to be usable but I have not tried it yet.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2020, 01:02:06 pm »

command-prompt is intended to be usable but I have not tried it yet.

It works (not multiplex compatible,) but players can't open it without a keybinding.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2020, 10:52:47 pm »

I don't think the dfhack keybindings are accessible. I can probably set that up though. command-prompt is intended to be usable but I have not tried it yet.
DFHack keybindings use SDL_PollEvent, so if you're using SDL_PushEvent, they should work. (I don't know if you are, though.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2020, 02:37:27 am »

PTW
Curious to see the limitations to see if it’s actually viable, especially for invasion/combat scenarios.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2020, 12:33:33 pm »

DFHack keybindings use SDL_PollEvent, so if you're using SDL_PushEvent, they should work. (I don't know if you are, though.)

Webfort used SDL_PushEvent, but I'm using viewscreen::feed, nothing SDL-related. This is to allow keypresses from many clients each frame to go to their own individual UIs.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2020, 04:40:14 pm »

Webfort used SDL_PushEvent, but I'm using viewscreen::feed, nothing SDL-related. This is to allow keypresses from many clients each frame to go to their own individual UIs.
Oh right, I forgot. You might need to use SDL for keybindings, if you want to support those. Or you could use whatever the "hotkeys" plugin uses to list keybindings, then implement it yourself.

I would personally be a little wary of allowing "command-prompt", because it would allow unrestricted access to commands like "die" and "lua" (and the latter has access to the host filesystem, etc). But it's ultimately up to whoever's hosting.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2020, 09:37:57 pm »

I would personally be a little wary of allowing "command-prompt", because it would allow unrestricted access to commands like "die" and "lua" (and the latter has access to the host filesystem, etc). But it's ultimately up to whoever's hosting.

You'd probably want a whitelist for commands, which would be easier with a custom command interface. You could have it be a function of whatever IRC system gets implemented for dfplex players.

It might be a cool idea to send gamelog.txt data to players for purposes of Announcement Filter and SoundSense. It would probably be a good idea to limit the types of messages, given the amount of spam messages in there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:45:44 pm by Bumber »

vallode

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2020, 03:31:29 pm »

Really excited to be playing but cannot seem to get it to work :(

Am on Debian 10, creating a fresh install of DF 0.44.12 alongside DFhack and all I get is:
Code: [Select]
Can't load plugin dfplex
Cannot enable plugin: dfplex

dfplex does not show up when I use `enable` on it's own, cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. I've checked the directory structure three times over to make sure each file is there but nothing is missing...
Any sort of advice here or what I should provide to make debugging easier?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2020, 04:27:59 pm »

stderr.log should have more details about why the plugin isn't loading - can you see if there's anything in it?

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2020, 06:03:19 pm »

I've been very confused recently because when I run DF it keeps crashing. Eventually I realized that if I ran it several time (4 or 5) it would successfully run, but has anyone else had this issue or have I modified something that's making it less stable?

Also, how do you resize the window? It was mentioned that it could be resized vertically, but can it be zoomed out?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:10:32 pm by flbr »
flbr was
It was very effective!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2020, 07:13:51 pm »

I've been very confused recently because when I run DF it keeps crashing. Eventually I realized that if I ran it several time (4 or 5) it would successfully run, but has anyone else had this issue or have I modified something that's making it less stable?

Also, how do you resize the window? It was mentioned that it could be resized vertically, but can it be zoomed out?
When does it crash? On startup? When you load a world? Some other time? Are you using any other plugins, particularly TWBT?

By "resize the window" are you talking about resizing it on the host or in a browser?

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2020, 07:17:27 pm »

When does it crash? On startup?
Yes, it crashes on startup

Are you using any other plugins, particularly TWBT?
No, there are no other plugins

By "resize the window" are you talking about resizing it on the host or in a browser?
I mean resizing it in the browser
flbr was
It was very effective!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13