Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)  (Read 114214 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op Dwarfmode (online simultaneous multiplayer)
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2020, 06:12:37 pm »

Missing/Broken features:
In manager (j>m), create a "decorate with shell" command, then press Details (d). Try to specify the type of shell, or the type of item to decorate; neither will work.
Hotkeys (H) still will not allow function buttons to be pressed to set another hotkey besides F1.
Naming burrows.

Awesome project!

Does anyone know if 32x32 tileset is supported or not? If it is, what is the setup process?
Arbitrary sized tilesets are supported in v0.2. To set up, take the tileset you want to use, replace magenta with transparency, and save it as a .png in /hack/www/art; then, either one of two methods work to use your tileset. First version, in /hack/www/config.js edit the tiles, text, and overworld parameters to the filename of your tileset. OR, when the game is running, type "localhost:8000/dfplex.html?tiles=x.png&text=x.png&overworld=x.png", where x is your tileset.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:02:57 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2020, 04:09:39 am »

Update,

Seems Localhost works perfectly fine in Firefox and Edge, however trying to reach the sever via the external ip results in "connecting...." and a connection failure and nothing popping up in the DFhack Window.

Apparently someone got this version to work on Windows so I'll see if they get back and try their steps

(I'm using Win10 x64)

Lemming Dwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2020, 05:43:06 am »

I am also suffering the same issue as listed above. (computers are Win 7 x64 & Win 10 x64)

MorsDux

• Bay Watcher
  • If you only have a hammer, all problems seem nails
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2020, 03:34:24 pm »

Missing/Broken features:
In manager (j>m), create a "decorate with shell" command, then press Details (d). Try to specify the type of shell, or the type of item to decorate; neither will work.
Hotkeys (H) still will not allow function buttons to be pressed to set another hotkey besides F1.
Naming burrows.

Awesome project!

Does anyone know if 32x32 tileset is supported or not? If it is, what is the setup process?
Arbitrary sized tilesets are supported in v0.2. To set up, take the tileset you want to use, replace magenta with transparency, and save it as a .png in /hack/www/art; then, either one of two methods work to use your tileset. First version, in /hack/www/config.js edit the tiles, text, and overworld parameters to the filename of your tileset. OR, when the game is running, type "localhost:8000/dfplex.htlm?tiles=x.png&text=x.png&overworld=x.png", where x is your tileset.

This seems to be incomplete to reach a look of Meph or Vettlingr like in the latest LNP packs. So its probably unsupported?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2020, 04:25:20 pm »

Update,

Seems Localhost works perfectly fine in Firefox and Edge, however trying to reach the sever via the external ip results in "connecting...." and a connection failure and nothing popping up in the DFhack Window.

Apparently someone got this version to work on Windows so I'll see if they get back and try their steps

(I'm using Win10 x64)

External IP? As in not on the router network? In that case you'd probably need to set up port forwarding on the server's router.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2020, 09:31:07 pm »

Update,

(I'm using Win10 x64)

External IP? As in not on the router network? In that case you'd probably need to set up port forwarding on the server's router.

sorry I guess I didn't give enough info, Ports are forwarded, and this stuff worked for version 0.1 with DF 44.xx I know cause I was playing this before with my brother. But I really wanted to play with the fixes and changes that 0.2 had. Guess that's not possible this time around

EDIT: and yes generally "External IP" means the IP that your device is given for the WAN, I use IP Chicken to see what mine is.

EDIT2: just found out that even with FF can't connect using my local network's IP (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) only Localhost works
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:57:22 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

troycall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2020, 12:35:02 am »

I also get "connection error", I'm hosting on Windows 10 x64.

I used firefox and it worked for localhost, I also used google chrome which worked for none of them, and I used edge which worked for ocalhost
But over the internet it doesn't work, even though like I said I forwarded the ports, the page loads but it says "connecting" then just says retry.

After further investigation, it seems the windows build never "attaches" to the port 1234, even if you change that port to any other port, it never attaches to that specific port, by attach I mean it never "Listens" to that port.

Note that i port forwarded and everything correctly, and I double checked so it's not a firewall or port forward issue, the issue is for Windows, the application never attaches to the secondary port, which by default is 1234. the [STATICPORT] attaches correctly though, which is port 8000 by default.

Note that version 0.1 for DF 0.44 works correctly, but version 0.2 of DFPlex for 0.47.04-r1 does not work correctly, pertaining to the issues I listed above.

flbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2020, 01:51:01 am »

Same as troycall, I'm getting the error for chrome as well as for a browser called Min (which is built on chromium). It does works on Edge. All of this is on locahost.
flbr was
hit by the what the fuck-truck
It was very effective!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2020, 11:01:59 am »

I have to assume all these issues are based on the switch from websocketpp to IXWebSockets for Windows builds.

If someone gets the version for Windows to compile with websocketpp (I'm stuck, see my previous posts), can they create a shareable version and we can see if the problems persist?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2020, 02:00:53 pm »

I may have fixed the error that Hugo_The_Dwarf and LemmingDwarf are experiencing. If anyone wants to test out one of these windows build artifacts (link) and confirm that it works, I will assemble a 2.1 release.

I used firefox and it worked for localhost, I also used google chrome which worked for none of them, and I used edge which worked for ocalhost
But over the internet it doesn't work, even though like I said I forwarded the ports, the page loads but it says "connecting" then just says retry.

After further investigation, it seems the windows build never "attaches" to the port 1234, even if you change that port to any other port, it never attaches to that specific port, by attach I mean it never "Listens" to that port.

I'm kind of confused -- if it works on localhost then port 1234 must be working correctly, as even on localhost that is required. Either way, you may also see that the error is resolved if you try the above download.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:03:56 pm by white-rabbit »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2020, 02:50:10 pm »

Yeah, if it works on localhost the application needs to be listening to that port. Check your firewall, maybe?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2020, 04:11:24 pm »

Confirmed using the build that white-rabbit posted I can now connect via my local ip (192.xxx) and also my external ip. Using Firefox (Chrome still has an issue, but that's no skin off my back)

As for the firewall, why would the 1st release that worked for 44.xx be perfectly fine, but 2nd release not be? Plus I already allowed it on the public and private networks.
perhaps the new websocket lib could have done something about using the firewall but I'd argue that being an issue (in my case at the very least, others may have the problem with firewall permissions I guess?)

I will try having someone connect from an external source later, and will edit this to post the results of that test.

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2020, 05:33:21 pm »

Confirmed using the build that white-rabbit posted I can now connect via my local ip (192.xxx) and also my external ip. Using Firefox (Chrome still has an issue, but that's no skin off my back)

Good enough for me. I've made this version the 0.2.1 release. Not sure why Chrome is having problems, but at least it works.

guiguilax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2020, 04:35:54 am »

Hello,

I have the same problem as flabort.

Im on a debian 10
df version 47.04

On the server when I open a page in localhost it works but if I put the server own local ip i have a "Connection Error. Click to retry"
I tried to change the ports but that didn't solve the problem, don't know if it's a build problem because when I change the port of staticport in the file dfplex.txt the localhost no longer works on the new port (and does not work on port 8000 logically).

I use the default Websocketpp normally.

I am doing tests with another local computer to see the traffic on the ports.

I do see traffic that seems normal to me on port 1234 and 8000.
Here only traffic, there is nothing more on port 1234 when I established a connection on port 8000(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
)

In dfplex_server.log I also have
Code: [Select]
A new client has joined.
  Client addr: "???"
  Client is admin.

if I refer to the other information given my stdout.log file contains only
Resizing font to 8x12
Is this problem already seen on a linux machine?

thank you in advance for your help

white-rabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2020, 08:37:28 pm »

I use the default Websocketpp normally.
In dfplex_server.log I also have
A new client has joined.
  Client addr: "???"
  Client is admin.

I believe an address of "???" is only possible to see when using IXWebsockets, but you say you're using Websocketpp. Try building using Websocketpp, or using the "linux-4.8" download from the bulidmaster site, which is compiled with Websocketpp.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13