Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Not Enough Gods - Age 1, Turn 3  (Read 8641 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not Enough Gods - Age 1, Turn 3
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2020, 07:46:18 pm »

The Goddess of Cycles sees her limits. She is not a god well suited to wide sweeping actions that effect everything. At least not quickly. And so she takes her time making many, so that they may aid her in times to come.

Aerith, Goddess of Cycles, creates the Hearthspirits, dustlike motes of invisible energy made to collect those who have died, and oversee the Realm of After she plans to create for the afterlives of those yet to come.

With their help, the making of the Realms of After should be made simpler. Though for now they slumber in wait for their tasks as she creates many.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:00:22 am by TricMagic »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2020, 07:47:50 pm »

Someone asked about the Godcraft Domain: this is the domain used to create intelligent servants (Angels, the Grim Reaper, Map-Keepers, etc), new Gods, Demi-Gods, Heroes, and whatnot. 

It is the "general" domain for creating that sort of thing, but not strictly required.  For example, the Potato God could use his Potato Domain to create Potato Angels, instead of using Godcraft.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2020, 07:48:11 pm »

[X] The nameless Asks his seven dream guides to name themselves, before they start helping me with the work of creating magic. First though, the nameless begins creating a plane with the assistance of the , the Sea of dreams, to which the future Keylines, rivers of dreams, shall flow. But not yet. That shall come later, tis but a dream not made reality right now. The sea of Dreams itself isn't really a physical plane so much as a conceptual location, a place that exists mostly as an idea, as a repository of ideas and dreams, physical entities have trouble entering, however Dreams of sufficient power can enter, exist within, and exit this sea with far greater ease. Within the Sea of Dreams, dreams, thoughts, and ideas are as physical as matter and energy in the material plane. Right now though, this sea is but an empty vessel, waiting for the mechanisms to bring it dreams, keylines, and the mechanics for dreams to leave it automatically, the groundworks of dream magic, to be created. Gods and entities of sufficient power can enter and exit it though, or store information/dreams if they so desire. And then, once it is completed, The nameless and his seven guides begin the process of creating the Keylines and Leywells. Keylines are rivers of dreams that flow through the earth, places where dreams collect and form into a singular flow towards Leywells, places where dreams can flow down into the Sea of dreams, weak points between the material plane and the Sea of dreams. There is currently no mechanism for dreams to leave the Sea of dreams, outside of godly intervention or other powers. Keylines may be laid out using string from the Unspindle if it helps
Eventual end goal of the system, but not right now:(Think water system but for dreams, the Sea of dreams is an ocean, Keylines rivers, Leywells the places where those rivers meet the sea. But these are dreams and not water, and mortals may recall old dreams from this sea, create new ones as they sleep, or they may even draw in the dreams of others. This is the "Rain" of this system, where dreamers can recall previous dreams from the sea, either by recalling a dream they had, or by having a dream similar enough to another dream within the sea that it gets drawn in. Dreams flow to the see over the course of about half a day, or less, after this they may be altered by other dreams that exist in the sea of Dreams)
Is this a valid action? Or am I trying to do too many things at once. By trying to lay out both the basis for magic, and create a place/plane.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:34:32 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2020, 07:51:08 pm »

Someone asked about the Godcraft Domain: this is the domain used to create intelligent servants (Angels, the Grim Reaper, Map-Keepers, etc), new Gods, Demi-Gods, Heroes, and whatnot. 

It is the "general" domain for creating that sort of thing, but not strictly required.  For example, the Potato God could use his Potato Domain to create Potato Angels, instead of using Godcraft.

My luck is it's own sort of change. My next two actions will be focused on the Hearth, whatever that is.
The Hearthspirits aren't really intelligent on their own, they simply know the hearts of others. They can combine their abilities in swarms though, and take on forms to better shepherd souls to the After.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2020, 07:54:26 pm »

-snip-

You would get penalties to your rolls, likely.  The first time you got a -3 because you tried to do three "hard" actions all at the same time.  Refer to the guide in the Master Post to see what sort of stuff is Hard and what is Normal

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2020, 07:56:46 pm »

-snip-

You would get penalties to your rolls, likely.  The first time you got a -3 because you tried to do three "hard" actions all at the same time.  Refer to the guide in the Master Post to see what sort of stuff is Hard and what is Normal
Would it be hard to create the plane itself now, then lay out the groundwork for magic later? And can my dream guides do the keyline thing separately/simultaneously on their own?
Nevermind, I checked and creating a plane is a normal action, probably not easy, but I can probably create it now, then create the mechanisms which actually feed it dreams and make up the basis of dream magic later.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:05:31 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2020, 08:06:18 pm »

Your dream Angels are less than Gods and can not do a Hard Action on their own, no.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2020, 08:08:47 pm »

Your dream Angels are less than Gods and can not do a Hard Action on their own, no.
Can they help with creating the Sea itself?
My Power armor arms race

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2020, 08:09:38 pm »

Yes, they can help do what you designed them to do

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2020, 08:20:17 pm »

I thought I checked my spelling this time, well nvm, I'll just subtly shift my name until it would be completely unrecognisable, also, it's really funny for me how my angels will be testing mortals and as reward they will give shitty maps, sounds like adventure time or something.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2020, 08:31:20 pm »

You must construct additional gods.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2020, 08:38:20 pm »

Alright, I think I've made an acceptable action, should be at most -2, if I've guessed correctly, since I'm laying out the basis of Keylines and making a plane, but Leywells are just entrances to the plane of dreams/sea of dreams. But I have a bonus from my dream stuff, and the help of my seven guides, so it should balance out, but even if I fail, my next attempt will have a larger bonus from my dream domain, and the benefit of experience.
My Power armor arms race

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2020, 05:04:30 am »

How many turns left until the end of the era? Or it's something I shouldn't know?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2020, 06:13:35 am »

The GM will tell you when the Era is almost over, I think

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2020, 08:21:09 am »

-snip-

Would it be hard to create the plane itself now, then lay out the groundwork for magic later? And can my dream guides do the keyline thing separately/simultaneously on their own?
Nevermind, I checked and creating a plane is a normal action, probably not easy, but I can probably create it now, then create the mechanisms which actually feed it dreams and make up the basis of dream magic later.

Well, my Create the Seasons action is getting a -1, despite that being within capability.

I mean, it does say they don't have to be traditional. Still got the malus though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 08:22:56 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7