Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Not Enough Gods - Age 1, Turn 3  (Read 8472 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Not Enough Gods - Age 1, Turn 3
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2020, 08:32:36 am »

-snip-

You would get penalties to your rolls, likely.  The first time you got a -3 because you tried to do three "hard" actions all at the same time.  Refer to the guide in the Master Post to see what sort of stuff is Hard and what is Normal
Would it be hard to create the plane itself now, then lay out the groundwork for magic later? And can my dream guides do the keyline thing separately/simultaneously on their own?
Nevermind, I checked and creating a plane is a normal action, probably not easy, but I can probably create it now, then create the mechanisms which actually feed it dreams and make up the basis of dream magic later.

Well, my Create the Seasons action is getting a -1, despite that being within capability.

I mean, it does say they don't have to be traditional. Still got the malus though.

First Age: The Age of the Cosmos
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The First Age, in which more Gods are created and the cosmos are formed.

Here players may go about having awesome God SexTM and creating more Gods (there aren't enough Gods, after all), as well as creating all the stuff that will fill up the universe.

Actions this Age might include:
Making new Gods (either by yourself, or with another player - this action may be done both here and every following Age).
Create different planes of existence (if you do this, please make your plane interesting!)
Creating the Stars.
Creating the Sun.
Make Seasons (doesn't even have to be the traditional four seasons).
Creating planets (no life yet, sadly)
Olympus, Seats of Power, and other places for the Gods to live (just because you create a house for all the other players to live doesn't mean they'll stay there)
Cosmic-sized creations, constellations, other Big Things.
Creating servants - Angels, Guardians, things like that.
Making Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, the Soul-Volcano, or anywhere else you might wanna stash a mortal's soul after they die.

Hard actions might include:
Modifying an existing Fundamental Law.
Laying the ground-work for the underlying forces behind....say, Magic or Souls.
Cosmic-sized life (the turtle upon which the world lives, giving life to and animating constellations, etc).
Imposing limits on what others might do (all planets must be flat, all planes exist bordering one another, etc)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2020, 08:47:35 am »

Does that mean multiple people could make seasons before, and because I set down a rule of seasons that's what upped the difficulty?

So, Fundamental Laws are hard actions?(Along with modifying them.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2020, 08:50:30 am »

Yes, limiting what gods can do is a hard action, fundamental laws limit the actions of gods, so yes, it would be hard actions

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2020, 09:31:11 am »

Considering you rolled a 3, you still managed to impose a universe-wide seasonal cycle.  It's not 42 days exactly, but it still seems like you got what you wanted

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2020, 09:59:50 am »

Yep.

Though this time I'm going to have servants specialized for a single action, creating an afterlife. (I hope this counts for the hearth..)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2020, 03:34:52 pm »

Odius, the Architect of Creation looked upon the clouds he infused, and the crystalline hail that now covered the world, and decided that it was good. A greater Harmony and light now shined upon the now-named Ever-Shifting Planet. A name had been given to the world, and Odius was glad. Names begat Harmony. Names defined Structure. Now, his sibling, Naragoth had requested a favor. It was time to attend to that.

[X] Odius creates the Spirelights, a gigantic swarm of tiny spheres of glowing violet light, spirits tasked to feed on darkness to make more of themselves and cover the Land Spire in brightness. Hopefully, this will be pleasing to Naragoth.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2020, 04:55:00 am »

Teir sighed, but the work never ended. Such was the domain of duty whose time had yet to come. Even now they contemplated when they would have time for another creation, servants to clean up the place perhaps.

[X] Enamoured of The Forge, Teir takes up its tools and sets to weaving the silver strands of reality into the form of a new god. Inspired by the shapes surrounding them Teir attempts to braid new meaning into the newborn god. Let their symbol be the Cup and their gift be Entanglement to bind together in harmonious action. "Join together all that is lost with newfound connection."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2020, 07:20:46 am »

As Naragoth think of his newest creation he understands how many great beings he wants this world to have and understanding the limitation of time.
[X] Naragoth decide to create another god to fill the world with great beings. Picking up another stone from his place he create from it another god, with the domain of Godcraft.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2020, 07:29:36 pm »

(hm, having trouble trying to decide if I should do the combo domain or stick with the bonus. Any advise?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2020, 07:32:17 pm »

(hm, having trouble trying to decide if I should do the combo domain or stick with the bonus. Any advise?)
((do you want 2 domains with +2 bonus or one domain with +4 bonus? A +4 bonus would guarantee a 5 minimum, 6s and above are more likely. ))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2020, 10:58:24 am »

Hmmmm... time to go for a hard action. In fact, I think it's time I, too, started to be annoying!

[X] The Wind will not be contained! Instead it will go... everywhere. Just as a way was opened to the palace, now the wind will by itself push on the edges of reality, and a draft will blow through the slightest crack. Any new alternate dimensions (such as the Dream) will be connected in certain places to the rest of the universe, by default. Wind currents, even if they are unpredictable, will fill the other places with atmosphere, and carry matter into and out of them with their motion. Even if the other gods will these places shut, the wind will always look for the slightest opening, or shortest opportunity, to travel there and back.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2020, 04:23:08 pm »

Cut off is in 24 hours

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2020, 03:01:45 pm »

rip thred
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]