Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions thread for modding basics and fundamentals.  (Read 541 times)

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
Questions thread for modding basics and fundamentals.
« on: April 09, 2020, 06:52:01 am »

Hey, I thought i'd start a thread where people can ask about the basics of modding DF, Partly cause I'm kinda new to modding myself and have been having real trouble figuring out simple stuff sometimes.
So it might be cool to have somewhere where people can feel free to ask questions about stuff that doesn't come up in other threads.

Yet again, this might have the opposite affect as intended, and nobody will say anything cause they're scared they'll be judged... (I really hope this doesn't happen.)
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread for modding basics and fundamentals.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 06:56:42 am »

What's the difference between this thread and "general modding questions"? (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175437.0).

This beginners guide to modding pretty much explains everything you need to know before you start asking questions there.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Modding

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread for modding basics and fundamentals.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 07:00:31 am »

Huh, so sorry, I didn't know there was a beginner's guide to modding on the wiki, never saw it so I had to figure things out by myself. Anyway, I hope this wasn't too much of an inconvenience, sorry.
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*