Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Goblins in Colormirrored  (Read 2730 times)

craftinater

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblins in Colormirrored
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 10:46:55 pm »

Its no problem XD take your time i know how long these games can take and how long it takes to make the characters more than just a sprite on a ASCII screeb

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 11:22:13 am »

5: Darkness

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's a list of the new migrants:

And here's Nater's personality:

All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 08:30:50 pm »

Ooh yeah!!
Toki: 1
FBs: 0

I think i've picked the right Gobo!

-------------------
Something i've always wondered: Goblins are (about) the same size as dwarves, right?
I know you can pick up dwarf clothing and wear it as a goblin in adventure mode, but will goblin citizen pick up new clothing  made for dwarves?

I remember you can specify the size when giving detailed orders in workshop, so i'm not sure if that's something have to keep an eye on.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 08:32:42 pm »

Elves goblins and dwarves are all the same size, so their clothing is interchangeable as well.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 10:50:48 pm »

Any updates on this? I enjoyed the story immensely!

"You see, I am an engraver." Scrappy was going to propose a grand engraving in the temple of Ágesh. A battle scene, two great armies clashing, with lots of beak dogs. In the temple, goblins would see it for generations to come, and say "Scrappy did that" -

"Is that so?" Smunstu said. "Go smooth out the floor in the Strangled Hall then."

"What? No, I - "

"And when you're done with that, you can do the same in my office." Smunstu walked off.

This is how I imagine every engraver gets their start in a dwarf fortress. Full of naive creativity, ready to explore the wonderous medium that is stone, only to get told to crawl around on their hands and knees and make nothing but a perfectly smooth surface. How sad that more credit isn't given to the upstart engraver. By the time they are 'skilled' enough to engrave an actual scene or a small symbol, they've become jaded to the world.

If you wanted to start again in the new version I would be interested in something like that, too..
Pages: 1 [2]