Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about changing my computer's clock  (Read 2614 times)

Lupin6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions about changing my computer's clock
« on: April 19, 2020, 02:11:05 pm »

So... I'm doing an LP of a game. EBF5. Fun game. But that's not the point. The point is that, as part of the game, there are five seasonal quests that pop up at different times of year. Now, there are two that won't come around for a long time, Halloween and Christmas. However, you can trick the system by changing your computer's clock to the appropriate date.

It's a simple fix if I want to include all the quests in my LP. But I've been hesitant to do it because I'm worried about problems that might crop up if I do that. System updates triggering early, problems with antivirus software, or other unforeseen problems. You know what I mean?

So my question to you guys is this: Have you ever temporarily changed the date settings on your computer's clock like this? Is there anything I should worry about?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about changing my computer's clock
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 02:33:42 pm »

If you have any software that saves records with date time stamps, it's going to reference your windows time and probably try to grab that number. If when something happened getting recorded "incorrectly" is an issue for you, then you might not want to. But generally it's safe.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:51:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti