Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Games I want to know about  (Read 720 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Games I want to know about
« on: April 11, 2020, 09:41:26 am »

A lot of people are curious about games they've seen, and that doesn't quite fit with "recommend me a game."

So here we are. What games have you heard about that you want another opinion on before you spend money on them?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games I want to know about
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:43:12 am »

Separate post, so people can respond independently to the thread and not my question. If I wanted that, I would have started a question about that game in particular.

Steam Marines looks like Into the Breach/X-com. Has anyone who played it tell us more about what it is and how it plays?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 12:47:57 pm »

I've played like... a little bit? The controls and whatnot were frustrating for reasons I don't quite recall, so I just... stopped. It doesn't really play like X-com or Into the Breach, though. Closer to a more party based/isometric space hulk, maybe? It's been a bit and I didn't play a huge amount, so I don't quite recall the specifics. Dunno if I would advise against it, exactly, but I didn't enjoy it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 12:50:03 pm »

Steam Marines looks like Into the Breach/X-com. Has anyone who played it tell us more about what it is and how it plays?

I played it... 6 years ago. For 2 hours. I wish I could remember more about it, but for whatever reason it just didn't 'click' for me.

Tried booting it up again just now, and it crashed my computer. Reinstalled, followed the stickied instructions for solutions to the problems I faced (black screen, can't get out), and nothing worked. Looking at the support thread shows several recent users facing the same problem.

If you've got an older setup it'd probably still work, I guess? They are working on a sequel now, though it's in 3D.