Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 14535 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2023, 12:16:43 pm »

Oh, I just had a thought: if there's only one copy of each card in the draft and having that card lets you run up to four copies in your deck, each card will be monopolized by one person. Balance in this game being what it is, that could be problematic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2023, 12:18:48 pm »

Each player makes the starting cards for a different person. That person then builds up using that theme. (Note you have to stick to a theme.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2023, 12:31:13 pm »

That's an interesting concept, but it'd leave you entirely at the mercy of your Card Santa and some Card Santas are more generous than others.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2023, 12:52:28 pm »

Oh, I just had a thought: if there's only one copy of each card in the draft and having that card lets you run up to four copies in your deck, each card will be monopolized by one person. Balance in this game being what it is, that could be problematic.
I think that's where careful curation of the cards comes in. It could be done a bit like MtG booster set, where your initial hand to pick from is guaranteed 2 high powered cards, and at least one card of your own creation.

Alternatively, players could set aside 5 cards each round to be put into the common pool (revealed at the end of the draft), keeping 5 cards for themselves, though that would involve making a bigger starting selection.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]