Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 78789 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Minimalism and Milk 4
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:51:21 pm »

Spoiler: Longer backstory (click to show/hide)

You are apocalypse survivors who live in a settlement.

The world ran out of milk.

You must acquire more.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Character template:
Name:
Description:
Why do you want milk?

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Milk (click to show/hide)

Turn list:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,Recap,27,28,29,30,Epilogue.

Minimalism and Milk 1
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:53:54 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:The End Times
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 01:13:09 pm »

Name: Ssarscel
Description: A chupacabra milk scientist (that is, a milk scientist that is a chupacabra)
Why do you want milk? Research, obviously. And because it could make me a fuckton of money and prestige. And also people need to drink stuff.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:14:41 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 01:53:39 pm »

Name: Shaun O’ Brian
Description: Has a tattered beige jumper a long, equally tattered brown coat, and a real beard. Lives in a TARDIS which has been jury-rigged to oblivion and decorated with antiques.
Why do you want milk?

The blood of this universe is milk. Vast apocalypses have been fuelled again and again by a small absence of milk. As long as there is no milk, there will be no safety, no peace, no end to the bloodshed, and no milk for the tea. The milk must flow, or this hell will never end.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 02:01:21 pm »

Name: Adam Smith
Description: Male Human (T'zzz cultist).
Why do you want milk?The cult believes we can use it for a Ritual to empower T'zzz (the mind and janitor of the universe), so it may someday fix everything.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 02:27:57 pm »

PTW

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 02:29:41 pm »

Name: Adam Young
Description: A classically handsome man with blond hair and heterochromatic eyes, one blue, and one red with black sclera. He wears a loose-fitting blue and red hoodie with holy and demonic designs haphazardly strewn across it, cargo pants with lots of pockets, mismatched white and black socks, mismatched red and blue shoes, and an eyepatch that can be switched to cover either eye. He has a guitar on his back with different color strings and with a symbol etched and in it and colored.

He is definitely not an Angel/Demon Hybrid.

Why do you want milk?
The world is broken. It's about time someone fixed it.

Spoiler: String colors in order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guitar Symbol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:17:56 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 02:35:35 pm »

Character template:

Name: Luis Dougris
Description: A paranormal investigator and practicing occultist. His bespectacled face is hardened from years of hunting vampires, werewolves, and other such unnatural beings. He is well dressed, mostly in neutral tones, and has a surprisingly calming voice for one so acquainted with violence and the supernatural. 

Why do you want milk?
A few years ago, he discovered an ancient and forbidden tome, the lacnomicon. Yet, at the time, the world was full of milk and the book was too powerful for him. Now, that world's milk is gone and the book is weak, he can finally probe those dark and spoiled pages. He needs milk to unlock the lacnomicon's deepest secrets and perverse rituals.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 02:38:43 pm »

Name: Rana
Description: A black bodied Byakhee with a purple head, blue and black wings, green eyes, and maroon feet and hands
Why do you want milk? To create new milk planets with new milk creatures and milk plants to hopefully add new life to replace what was lost
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:46:09 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 03:46:56 pm »

Name: Cistern
Description: Broken data from the height of japan's animated internet, who was cast adrift from systems as a ghost. Looks like a cute white-haired catgirl. How she got here is anyone's guess.
Why do you want milk?: To create a Milk Network and revive the connections between life. And maybe power everyone with Milk Energy. Also to drink Milk to stay active.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 04:14:08 pm »

Name: GUNTHAR HORNHELM, warrior of the northern wastes!

Description: A crazy old guy in stained undershirt, khaki shorts and a pair of yellow "crocs". A milk-jug helm protects his bald and lumpy skull, two cardboard horns taped on the sides in true Viking fashion.

Why does Gunthar want milk? To put on Gunthar's BREAKFAST CEREAL!
(Gunthar does not have breakfast cereal. Gunthar will have to find some of that too.)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 04:16:14 pm »

...yes
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 04:45:26 pm »

Name: Joey Bones
Description: Joey Bones is a 6'8 tall skeleton, his body has sharped bones on his joints, feet, hands, his head is that of lizards, he also has a skeletal tail, also posses glowing green eyes, inside his skulls mouth is long luminescent tongue made of ectoplasm like substance, the tip of his fingers are black, along his skull are red lines that go across it, he wears a cloak over his body..
Why do you want milk? to drink and make my bones stronger, even if i don't have any way to digest it.
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 09:54:21 pm »

Turn 1

Name: Ssarscel
Description: A chupacabra milk scientist (that is, a milk scientist that is a chupacabra)
Why do you want milk? Research, obviously. And because it could make me a fuckton of money and prestige. And also people need to drink stuff.

You are Ssarscel, the chupacabra milk scientist. Your kind has flourished since The Event, thanks to your incredible resilience. You're currently in a laboratory you built yourself, on the second floor of a ramshackle building in this mostly human settlement. You're all set up to research milk, if you had any. As you know, milk is very hard to come by these days.

Name: Shaun O’ Brian
Description: Has a tattered beige jumper a long, equally tattered brown coat, and a real beard. Lives in a TARDIS which has been jury-rigged to oblivion and decorated with antiques.
Why do you want milk?

The blood of this universe is milk. Vast apocalypses have been fuelled again and again by a small absence of milk. As long as there is no milk, there will be no safety, no peace, no end to the bloodshed, and no milk for the tea. The milk must flow, or this hell will never end.

You are Shaun O' Brian, and you've seen some things. Time travelling is a complicated profession, but what you've been through is far beyond what most travellers could stand. The world has fallen. You were there when the Mad Titan destroyed the milk. You know that for any sort of healing to truly begin, you've got to find a way to bring back what was lost.

For now though, you've parked your TARDIS in a settlement you found. The damaged, heavily customized green phone box fits in well among the eclectic material the town was built from. The Christmas lights you used to replace the failing lamps in the control room flicker as you plan your next move.

Name: Adam Smith
Description: Male Human (T'zzz cultist).
Why do you want milk?The cult believes we can use it for a Ritual to empower T'zzz (the mind and janitor of the universe), so it may someday fix everything.

You are Adam Smith. The people in the settlement that surrounds you are going about their day. They cling to what routines are still possible, just trying to get along with their day, and accepting what the world has become. The cult of T'zzz knows the truth. You know the truth. There is a way back to what you had before. The New Dreamer, The Janitor, T'zzz. During the Event, T'zzz usurped Azathoth as the Dreamer of the universe. If you can only find a way to contact him, you and your brethren in the cult can get T'zzz to restore the Dream to what it was before. Better, even. T'zzz was a janitor after all. It's his job to clean up messes.

Name: Adam Young
Description: A classically handsome man with blond hair and heterochromatic eyes, one blue, and one red with black sclera. He wears a loose-fitting blue and red hoodie with holy and demonic designs haphazardly strewn across it, cargo pants with lots of pockets, mismatched white and black socks, mismatched red and blue shoes, and an eyepatch that can be switched to cover either eye. He has a guitar on his back with different color strings and with a symbol etched and in it and colored.

He is definitely not an Angel/Demon Hybrid.

Why do you want milk?
The world is broken. It's about time someone fixed it.

Spoiler: String colors in order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guitar Symbol (click to show/hide)

A tower of corpses looms above you, splitting the clouds with its laughter. An army swirls around a broken castle, and the cup of a carpenter rises above the fray.

A fingersnap.

You start awake. Looks like you dozed off on a bench by the side of the dirt road of this settlement. The people around you continue to mill about, working on their survival. Very carefully, you tune your guitar as you gather your bearings.

Character template:

Name: Luis Dougris
Description: A paranormal investigator and practicing occultist. His bespectacled face is hardened from years of hunting vampires, werewolves, and other such unnatural beings. He is well dressed, mostly in neutral tones, and has a surprisingly calming voice for one so acquainted with violence and the supernatural. 

Why do you want milk?
A few years ago, he discovered an ancient and forbidden tome, the lacnomicon. Yet, at the time, the world was full of milk and the book was too powerful for him. Now, that world's milk is gone and the book is weak, he can finally probe those dark and spoiled pages. He needs milk to unlock the lacnomicon's deepest secrets and perverse rituals.

You are Luis Dougris, paranormal investigator and practicing occultist. Your career has left you more suited than most for dealing with the unnatural and the unexpected. Nobody was truly prepared for The Event, but perhaps that was why you survived when so many others didn't. You've even managed to discover a new opportunity in the wastelands. The Lacnomicon's powers are now opened to you, thanks to the greatly weakened presence of milk in the universe. Your ritual chamber beneath the town is prepared for your experimentations, but you'll need milk to get started. That may be difficult to come by, these days.

Name: Rana
Description: A black bodied Byakhee with a purple head, blue and black wings, green eyes, and maroon feet and hands
Why do you want milk? To create new milk planets with new milk creatures and milk plants to hopefully add new life to replace what was lost

You are Rana. You've come a long way from the little voice-mimic who once appeared on the Moloko. The monstrous form you have possessed floats quietly into town and alights atop a pieced-together clock tower, out of sight of the townsfolk.

What will you do next?

Name: Cistern
Description: Broken data from the height of japan's animated internet, who was cast adrift from systems as a ghost. Looks like a cute white-haired catgirl. How she got here is anyone's guess.
Why do you want milk?: To create a Milk Network and revive the connections between life. And maybe power everyone with Milk Energy. Also to drink Milk to stay active.

You are Cistern. An old antenna sparks and flickers to life from a rusted robot currently used to prop up a lean-to. With a flash of lightning and a chipper electronic tune, you pop into physical form in an alleyway, out of sight of most of the people in this settlement. Maybe this place has some leads you can use for the Milk Network?

Description: A crazy old guy in stained undershirt, khaki shorts and a pair of yellow "crocs". A milk-jug helm protects his bald and lumpy skull, two cardboard horns taped on the sides in true Viking fashion.

Why does Gunthar want milk? To put on Gunthar's BREAKFAST CEREAL!
(Gunthar does not have breakfast cereal. Gunthar will have to find some of that too.)

You are GUNTHAR HORNHELM, warrior of the northern wastes! Your mighty helmet squeaks and wobbles against your head as you march into the street. You stumble a bit, and one of your crocs nearly falls into the gutter. As you reequip your shoe, you consider the path ahead. Your BREAKFAST CEREAL with MILK awaits!

What will be the first step in your quest?

Name: Joey Bones
Description: Joey Bones is a 6'8 tall skeleton, his body has sharped bones on his joints, feet, hands, his head is that of lizards, he also has a skeletal tail, also posses glowing green eyes, inside his skulls mouth is long luminescent tongue made of ectoplasm like substance, the tip of his fingers are black, along his skull are red lines that go across it, he wears a cloak over his body..
Why do you want milk? to drink and make my bones stronger, even if i don't have any way to digest it.

You are Joey Bones. You loom well over the heads of most of the townsfolk here. Not so long ago, your reptilian and skeletal form might well have been the stuff of nightmares, but people are harder to scare these days. Even now, it's at least in the running.

You glance over to your fridge. It's been far too long since you had any milk. That's not good. You need milk if you want strong bones.

What will you do to get it?

OOC:Welcome back to Minimalism and Milk, everyone!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 10:05:37 pm »

To obtain milk for breakfast cereal, GUNTHAR HORNHELM will have to slay many trolls and jötuns! To slay trolls and jötuns, GUNTHAR HORNHELM must first obtain a proper weapon for glorious jötun slaughter-- and what better weapon for glorious jötun slaughter than a MIGHTY AXE?

YES!

GUNTHAR HORNHELM SEEKS OUT A MIGHTY AXE.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 1
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:54 pm »

Joey bones will go to a local bar to listen for rumors about milk
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34