Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 78794 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 10:13:11 pm »

Nonono, you don't understand. I'm not so much trying to research milk itself.
I'm trying to research ways to produce milk. Fabrication and the like. Are there any accessible records of the molecular structure of milk? I need them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 10:22:53 pm »

TRADE BOTTLE CAPS FOR MILK AT NEAREST SETTLEMENT
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 10:27:00 pm »

"Time to get started on this."

Adam had a plan. Not the most well thought out plan, but a plan none the less... or maybe not. Quest might be the best word. Anyway, to start any good quest, there is one thing you must do, go to a tavern and collect a group of Highly Skilled adventurers... or whatever passed these days.

Adventurer Pre-Quest Checklist:
1. Find allies
A. Main Frontline Fighter
B. Support Unit
C. Healer
D. Main Magic fighter
E. Sneaky Unit
F. Nature Expert
2. Get Supplies
3. Talk to all the people for info on quest
4. Checklist still in progress
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 12:04:58 am »

Name: Slash Ashford
Description:A scientifically proven Living Fossil, Ashford claims to be a genetic throwback to the Neanderthal. Superior to 'sapes in all aspects (except grueling perfectionism), he operates out of his self sustaining bunker in a quest to bring forth the great INCLINE into the world with his masterpiece of Old Skool RPG Wizardy dungeoncrawling, TOME! From this magnum opus, the curse of popamole and milk-obsessed madmen will finally end. A task decades in the making, ridiculed on the remaining net servers as but vaporware, but soon it shall be completed! Soon, they will all learn, to always bet on neanderthal!!!
Why do you want milk?:
There is one last microissue in the way of completing TOME, namely, the need for coolant for both the Vault-OS supercomputer and generator. The only substance that can handle the raw INCLINE of TOME is milk, preferably the legendary MILK OF SANTA ANA. Though, sufficient quantities of regular milk could do...

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 12:38:52 am »

((Sorry for being late to the party; I went to sleep earlier than usual yesterday))

Name: Joshua Cortez
Description: A tan-skinned man wearing a duster and a big cowboy hat, that may as well be a wizard hat. He's wandered many places across the Wasteland, doing a bunch of scouting jobs for various tribes and settlements.
Why do you want milk: An old mysterious man told me to seek it, for it's the beverage that will change my life completely once I'll drink it.

Check the rumors around the town about milk.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 03:32:18 am »

Do some sleuthing. Find out about the surrounding area, who’s in charge, when people talk about milk what do they talk about, local rumours, that sort of thing.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 03:42:05 am »

Name:  Burt
Description: A government hating one antlered deer man that somehow survived everything and made it to Earth.
Why do you want milk? Everyone else wants it so he also wants it, and it might be able to kill whats left of the government.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 05:43:53 am »

Go to sleep to access the Dreamlands.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 08:13:24 am »

Look around and try to find people from the Moloko

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 09:20:27 am »

Luis looked about his hidden ritual chamber, it's still air thick with incense and the smell of books, you know the smell. Not the quiet sanitized odor of a public library, sterilized by the buzzing florescent lights above. No, this was the smell of books as they were meant to be, like dry earth before the rain, free and wild, briming with anticipation for what comes next.

His work in the old world had been extensive, and there were other less than savory tomes and artifacts which opened conduits to power. Yes... Among them he would find the tools he would need...
Search through my ritual chambers for non-milk related dark rituals and artifacts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 04:32:13 pm »

Investigate the Local Cisterns for traces of milk. What was left behind anyway. Find the traces, and maybe I can compile a program to track those traces.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 08:34:54 pm »

Name: John
Description: A guy is wearing a red shirt and black shorts with a bathrobe on the outside. Also, wearing slippers
Why do you want milk?: Who eats cereal without milk?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 2
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 10:03:43 pm »

Turn 2

To obtain milk for breakfast cereal, GUNTHAR HORNHELM will have to slay many trolls and jötuns! To slay trolls and jötuns, GUNTHAR HORNHELM must first obtain a proper weapon for glorious jötun slaughter-- and what better weapon for glorious jötun slaughter than a MIGHTY AXE?

YES!

GUNTHAR HORNHELM SEEKS OUT A MIGHTY AXE.

A MIGHTY AXE would be well suited to killing trolls and jötuns! After wandering around a bit, you finally spot one. An oddly dressed stranger in blue and red clothing has what seems to be a colorful axe slung on his back. You watch as he gets up from a bench and walks into a nearby bar.

Joey bones will go to a local bar to listen for rumors about milk

As all the ancient traditions hold, bars (and innkeepers) are the best source of information mankind has yet to discover. Many tales have started in places like these. As it stands though, you don't find anything immediately relevant. However, you do see a man who says he's looking for adventurers to help him in a quest.

Nonono, you don't understand. I'm not so much trying to research milk itself.
I'm trying to research ways to produce milk. Fabrication and the like. Are there any accessible records of the molecular structure of milk? I need them.

You look through your books and notes, looking for an idea on where to learn about milk's molecular structure. Too bad the Internet's gone. The humans who used it have often mentioned that it used to be much easier to find information like that. According to your maps, the closest source of such knowledge would be at the Florence Memorial library a few miles southeast of town.

Of course, everyone knows that Florence Memorial is...not a good place.

TRADE BOTTLE CAPS FOR MILK AT NEAREST SETTLEMENT

A soft note from a blackened ukulele seems to float through the air as you walk into town. You march into the bar and offer the bartender your pouch of caps for a glass of milk. The bartender takes your money, takes care of someone else's order, and then passes you a beer. When he sees your questioning expression, he shrugs. "Whattsa matter? It's what you ordered, innit?"

Name: Slash Ashford
Description:A scientifically proven Living Fossil, Ashford claims to be a genetic throwback to the Neanderthal. Superior to 'sapes in all aspects (except grueling perfectionism), he operates out of his self sustaining bunker in a quest to bring forth the great INCLINE into the world with his masterpiece of Old Skool RPG Wizardy dungeoncrawling, TOME! From this magnum opus, the curse of popamole and milk-obsessed madmen will finally end. A task decades in the making, ridiculed on the remaining net servers as but vaporware, but soon it shall be completed! Soon, they will all learn, to always bet on neanderthal!!!
Why do you want milk?:
There is one last microissue in the way of completing TOME, namely, the need for coolant for both the Vault-OS supercomputer and generator. The only substance that can handle the raw INCLINE of TOME is milk, preferably the legendary MILK OF SANTA ANA. Though, sufficient quantities of regular milk could do...

You are Slash Ashford, the Living Fossil. You currently find yourself in a bar, planning how you're going to find the legendary MILK OF SANTA ANA. As you consider this, a man in blue and red clothing walks in and starts trying to hire adventurers for a quest.

((Sorry for being late to the party; I went to sleep earlier than usual yesterday))

Name: Joshua Cortez
Description: A tan-skinned man wearing a duster and a big cowboy hat, that may as well be a wizard hat. He's wandered many places across the Wasteland, doing a bunch of scouting jobs for various tribes and settlements.
Why do you want milk: An old mysterious man told me to seek it, for it's the beverage that will change my life completely once I'll drink it.

Check the rumors around the town about milk.
(No problem. Glad to have you aboard for one more M&M game!)

You are Joshua Cortez, the wanderer. You've recently arrived in this settlement, seeking milk. The Old Man told you that you might find something here. Not the end of your journey, but perhaps the first step on the path. The bar seems like a decent place to start looking. Even if there's nothing there, you can at least grab a drink before moving on.

As you walk in, you see a man in red and blue clothing looking to hire adventurers.

Do some sleuthing. Find out about the surrounding area, who’s in charge, when people talk about milk what do they talk about, local rumours, that sort of thing.

You look around town, seeking information. Looks like this is a pretty normal settlement for the area. It's a community of a few hundred people, ruled by a local warlord who got lucky enough to survive long enough to pull a few tribes together.

The milk topic is dominated by discussions of Thainos, as it almost always is these days.

Looks like there's three big rumors floating around. One is that a local man is planning some sort of adventure. Something strikes you as familiar about that one. The second is that a Doom Mug's wreckage has been discovered somewhere around here. Supposedly, its milk somehow survived the Snap. Finally, there are rumors that a cult of T'zzz is planning something big very soon.

As you cross an alleyway, a monstrous flapping heralds the arrival of hybrid wings. A byakhee lands on a metal wall above you, twitching as if controlled by an internal puppeteer.

Name:  Burt
Description: A government hating one antlered deer man that somehow survived everything and made it to Earth.
Why do you want milk? Everyone else wants it so he also wants it, and it might be able to kill whats left of the government.
(Hey, Burt's back!)

The Government. The Government said that all these disasters were caused by something nobody could have foreseen. A random tragedy. You know the truth. It was all part of the Plan. Nothing like that just happens. You'll make them pay for what they did.

Just as soon as you can get some of this milk everyone keeps talking about. You're not really sure where to get it, though. Some guy at the tavern is talking about a quest, maybe he knows something.

Go to sleep to access the Dreamlands.

You attempt to go to sleep. You make your bed, lay down, and just when your head hits the pillow you remember some critical ritual work you had to get done. You quickly get up, make the adjustments, and hurry back to bed. You're a bit hungry though. You just make a quick sandwich, and while you're up, you see something interesting on your YouTube DVDs that you hadn't seen before. You just watch a few videos, but...

Doesn't seem like you're getting to the Dreamlands any time soon at this rate.

Look around and try to find people from the Moloko

You scan the crowd, looking for anyone you might recognize. There, that one looks familiar. Sean, Shaun, you know it was something like that. When he's alone for a moment, you swoop down to meet him and land just above his head on a perch of scrap metal, perhaps a bit more menacingly than you had intended.

Luis looked about his hidden ritual chamber, it's still air thick with incense and the smell of books, you know the smell. Not the quiet sanitized odor of a public library, sterilized by the buzzing florescent lights above. No, this was the smell of books as they were meant to be, like dry earth before the rain, free and wild, briming with anticipation for what comes next.

His work in the old world had been extensive, and there were other less than savory tomes and artifacts which opened conduits to power. Yes... Among them he would find the tools he would need...
Search through my ritual chambers for non-milk related dark rituals and artifacts.

You search all throughout your chambers for non-milk items. Unfortunately, not much of your collection survived the Event, and still more was lost in the time since. The only really useful thing you find is your lucky revolver. It's never packed much of a punch, but you've always found it to be reliable when other tricks failed.

Investigate the Local Cisterns for traces of milk. What was left behind anyway. Find the traces, and maybe I can compile a program to track those traces.

You track down a nearby water tank. Water is a precious resource in the wastelands, and typically well guarded. However, you meet with a stroke of luck and find the guard asleep on duty. An alarm bell and a rifle are close at hand, but the fallen bottle at his foot indicates that he won't be using them any time soon. Slipping through the hatch, you wade through the tank in search of a clue.

There, on the wall. Partially concealed by a patch of mold is an old carbon stain. To the trained eye, this is recognizable as a Remnant. Before the Event, there was a milk stain here. In the aftermath, most of these were destroyed or squandered by panicked citizens trying to figure out what happened. Perhaps you can make better use of it.

Name: John
Description: A guy is wearing a red shirt and black shorts with a bathrobe on the outside. Also, wearing slippers
Why do you want milk?: Who eats cereal without milk?

You are John. You were just pouring your cereal when you remembered that the apocalypse means that you don't have any milk to pour on it. For a single, terrible instant, you consider eating the cereal without milk.

No. You're better than that. You throw on your bathrobe, stomp into your slippers, and march outside. You're going to have cereal with milk today, and nothing and nobody is going to stop you.

"Time to get started on this."

Adam had a plan. Not the most well thought out plan, but a plan none the less... or maybe not. Quest might be the best word. Anyway, to start any good quest, there is one thing you must do, go to a tavern and collect a group of Highly Skilled adventurers... or whatever passed these days.

Adventurer Pre-Quest Checklist:
1. Find allies
A. Main Frontline Fighter
B. Support Unit
C. Healer
D. Main Magic fighter
E. Sneaky Unit
F. Nature Expert
2. Get Supplies
3. Talk to all the people for info on quest
4. Checklist still in progress

Some plan is better than no plan, exactly 1/3 of you supposes. Another third would prefer some chaos, but the remainder goes with the first option. That would be an odd way of thinking for a normal human, but

Time to get started. You go into the local bar and make it know that you're looking for some adventurers to hire. Time to go on a Quest.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:08:07 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 10:08:43 pm »

"HEY C'MON, THAT MANY CAPS WERE WORTH AT LEAST TWO BEERS!"   

QUIBBLE ABOUT PRICES WHILST SIPPING BEER   
ALSO ASK BARKEEP IF KNOW WHERE I MIGHT FIND A LOCAL SUPPLY OF MILK AND/OR GIRAFFES, OR IF HE'S HEARD RUMOURS OF ANY CRAZY
GOATS SORCERERS GETTING AROUND LATELY       

((SEEN UPDATE AND POSTED ACTION BEFORE GM COULD UPDATE TITLE, DO I WIN PRIZE??))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 2
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2020, 10:19:01 pm »

Hi Shaun, I’m Rana. You met me back at the Moloko when I was only an incorporeal sphere
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:05:04 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34