Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 81010 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 13
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2020, 05:06:03 pm »

TRY AGAIN TO TRAIN THE SMARTEST OF MY HYBRID OFFSPRING TO ACT AS SCOUTS, IF NOT FULL-BLOWN SPIES   
MAYBE MAKE A START ON CREATING NEW, EXTRA-SMART BATCH OF POTENTIAL CANDIDATES, TOO   

IF WE ATTACKED BY ANY FLYING LASER-SHOOTING HATS, I WILL UNPLUG MY HEADPHONES, REMOVE CD AND PLACE SAFELY ASIDE, THEN HOLD DISCMAN IN ONE HAND, SPIN AROUND ONCE OR TWICE WITH BEAUTIFUL FORM BEFORE LETTING GO, LAUNCHING IT LIKE A DISCUS OF DESTRUCTION AT ATTACKER   

SOMETIMES SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 14
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33:09 pm »

Turn 14

use my toes to preform the somatic components of the spell to regrow my arms

You furiously wiggle your toes, substituting their motions for the recommended hand gestures. It works all too well. You regrow your arms, but then feel yourself getting taller. Your spine extends, and an array of extra arms explodes from your sides, leaving you looking like a giant reptilian humanoid skeletal centipede.

Walk in with my entire horde and try to run for mayor in Water tank.

The guards at Water Tank's gate accuse your horde of blank-faced humans, chupacabras, clowns, and a single catgirl of being a cult. However, you manage to convince them that you are in fact a rich cult, and then they let you in to buy water.

There is a mayoral election going on, but your horde runs into a complication upon trying to vote you in. It turns out that Water Tank's town laws state that only those who own one of several significant properties in Water Tank may run for political office.

run towards the chimera and try to ride it.

You burst from cover and try to swing onto the chimera's back. Before you can get there, the goat head on its back notices you and forces you to retreat with its snapping jaws. The chimera is aware of you know, and prepares for a pounce.

oh cool, books. Maybe we can learn what that guy was on about, and whether that mist would have stopped our minds or just added knowledge
Read as many books of fell knowledge as I can. Knowledge is power, after all

Gunthar, care to read with me? Might as well read what you crashed into, right? Maybe there’s healing magic in one of these

GUNTHAR sniffs, picking himself up from his state of triumphant disarray.

"GUNTHAR HORNHELM has no need for fell knowledge, HONORED COMPATRIOT-- GUNTHAR reads only the runic sagas of those MIGHTY WARRIORS who came before him! Thus GUNTHAR is inspired to ever greater DEEDS of GLORIOUS WARFARE!"

"Study the unsavory ways of our slaughtered foe if you will. GUNTHAR goes to purge this tower for his own!"

And with that, GUNTHAR begins his heroic wanderings of the tower he now finds himself in, seeking to ensure in violent fashion that NAUGHT REMAINS for FRIEND JOSHUA to AVOID EYE CONTACT WITH!

Did the wizard left his clothes upon dying? If so, clean them and put them on as a disguise.
Regardless of the outcome (sans crit failure, I guess), carefully and stealthily search for milk in the tower, avoiding eye contact with the inhabitants when possible.

As GUNTHAR takes a moment to recover, Rana and Joshua loot the fallen Follower of the Symbol's room. Joshua cleans, mends, and puts on his uniform, while Rana steps over to the broken bookshelf. "oh cool, books. Maybe we can learn what that guy was on about, and whether that mist would have stopped our minds or just added knowledge" She picks up a book and flips open the cover. "Gunthar, care to read with me? Might as well read what you crashed into, right? Maybe there’s healing magic in one of these"

Joshua leaves the room for some stealthy scouting, while GUNTHAR stands up from the pile. "GUNTHAR HORNHELM has no need for fell knowledge, HONORED COMPATRIOT-- GUNTHAR reads only the runic sagas of those MIGHTY WARRIORS who came before him! Thus GUNTHAR is inspired to ever greater DEEDS of GLORIOUS WARFARE!"

"Study the unsavory ways of our slaughtered foe if you will. GUNTHAR goes to purge this tower for his own!"

GUNTHAR charges out of the room, and Rana begins to read.

"Chapter I:What is Acceptable, and what is Not."

"There are many things in the planes, now. They were not always here, but they have risen.  They are things of Chaos. Of Will. Of Intention. They are not Acceptable. From Intention comes Will, and from Will comes Chaos. Chaos brings destruction, as the Milk Conflicts so truly prove. We of what is often called the "Eldritch Plane" are the end of Chaos, because we are the end of Will, because we are the end of Intention. The madnesses we bring shall make everyone Acceptable. No more shall Chaos reign. We shall bring the last dance, a dance of joy, of murder, and finally of silence. The minds and stars shall die, and the cosmos shall ever after be a thing of order again...

Rana."

With that, there is a flash of yellow light and screaming tentacles begin spilling from the pages.

Elsewhere, Joshua is exploring the lower sections of the tower. He reaches a vault with a carving of milk on the stone door, guarded by several cultists wielding scythes. They cross their weapons when you approach and demand a passcode.  As he considers what to say, GUNTHAR heroically LEAPS into the room and VANQUISHES the guards. As they fall, they cry out in inhuman tones. A bronze door falls over the vault to protect it, and you can hear the sound of more guards approaching from upstairs.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN

You leap up and run as quickly as you can, stumbling in the snow, kicking up a cloud behind you, and finally leap into the air and bellyflop in the direction of your TARDIS.

At that point, your guard places a hand on your shoulder to stop you. He'd have done more, but you're still tied to the porcelain shard.

"Wha- PUT ME DOWN YOU MISSSSHAPEN MONGREL MISSSSSSSCREANT-" Ssarscel proceeds to launch a deluge of invective at their captor, struggling against it, trying to identify what the hell it is, so on, and such forth.
Mainly, we wants to get down to the ground safely.

You struggle and try to identify the creature, but it doesn't help. It almost looks like several different creatures merged into one. It flies you up to the top of a nearby building, where it drops you into a nest made of sticks. Inside are several dog-sized masses of organs and limbs. The creatures haven't noticed you yet, as they are busily dissecting the remains of a captured sewer clown, picking out favored pieces and incorporating them into their own forms.

"I can make this thing work."
Drive it to Washington D.C. so I can see if there is any government left.

You get into your new car and drive to Washington DC. As you enter the capital wasteland, you find yourself facing a threat unlike any you have ever faced before. Washington DC's roads stretch out before you like a maze. (-1 on all checks to navigate in Washington DC.)

On one giant purple hand he is pretty close to his totally not nefarious goal of reaching the mountain, on the other giant deformed purple hand saving people will make the audience like him more as a character...

Juainos flies to the rescue of Ukulele person, wildly shooting lasers from his Flying Salsa

TRY AGAIN TO TRAIN THE SMARTEST OF MY HYBRID OFFSPRING TO ACT AS SCOUTS, IF NOT FULL-BLOWN SPIES   
MAYBE MAKE A START ON CREATING NEW, EXTRA-SMART BATCH OF POTENTIAL CANDIDATES, TOO   

IF WE ATTACKED BY ANY FLYING LASER-SHOOTING HATS, I WILL UNPLUG MY HEADPHONES, REMOVE CD AND PLACE SAFELY ASIDE, THEN HOLD DISCMAN IN ONE HAND, SPIN AROUND ONCE OR TWICE WITH BEAUTIFUL FORM BEFORE LETTING GO, LAUNCHING IT LIKE A DISCUS OF DESTRUCTION AT ATTACKER   

SOMETIMES SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE   
5 vs 4, Juainos vs Yoink.

Yoink raises a batch of hybrid infiltrator okapis. While fanatically loyal to the okapi cause and skilled in their work, (and very rapidly maturing) they hold their loyalties exclusively to the okapi people. This may lead to problems if they later judge Yoink to no longer be acting in their best interests.

Meanwhile, Juainos is flying into the area to "rescue" Shaun. A massive gust of wind blows him off course, and the airstrike he intended for Shaun's captors is instead directed at Yoink's okapi town. Several hybrids are killed by the Mariachi Lasers. Even the noble sacrifice of the Discman is unable to stop Juainos' attack.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2020, 08:42:10 pm »

Desperately try to sneak out of the nest.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2020, 08:44:19 pm »

talk to the Eldritch in the book
I can just leave, I’m curious what your servant thinks of the material plane. After I know what it thinks of the place, then I will leave
Before leaving, ask the host via thoughts what it thinks of the material plane
What do you think of your exploration of the material plane? Did you like seeing new things?
After getting the answer, leave the Byakhee
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:24:09 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2020, 08:50:24 pm »

Juainos will boldly help Shaun by "boosting" his performance with the expired EpiPen, everyone knows drugs only have cool science effects in movies! He'll do this by launching it from the Flying Salsa's cannon at high speeds towards Shaun's neck.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:22:56 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2020, 09:20:44 pm »

oh. Get my horde together and have everyone give all things of value to me and have me buy some random property.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2020, 10:56:39 pm »

"This is a tad... troubling."

Grab the worm mutant out of the ground and then fly with it after the thing that took Ssarscel using my totally not angel/demon wings
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2020, 12:04:16 am »

travel to that mountain to get what ever rumor i heard about that was there
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2020, 03:35:01 am »

Check all my clothing for what’s in them. If I have a knife of one description or another, cut the rope if they look away for even a moment, and run. If I have some random object or other, try and throw it to distract them, and quietly untie the rope and run. If by some miracle of whichever gods are watching I have a key to the TARDIS, then summon it on top of me in that way that puts the people it lands on inside it.

I can already see how this could go horribly, horribly wrong.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2020, 05:41:37 am »

Suplex the Chimera.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2020, 05:53:30 am »

"My god its like they designed the most ass backwards thing in existence just to fuck with me, and keep me from killing the governments still living here."
Drive to the capitol building.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2020, 10:57:18 am »

Get inside the milk room quickly.
Whatever milk there is in the room, drink the supposedly-life-changing beverage ASAP!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2020, 12:10:22 pm »

GUNTHAR readies his AXE against the oncoming foe!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 15
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2020, 11:07:47 pm »

Turn 15

Desperately try to sneak out of the nest.
"This is a tad... troubling."

Grab the worm mutant out of the ground and then fly with it after the thing that took Ssarscel using my totally not angel/demon wings
6, 1

Things aren't going well for Adam and Ssarscel. Ssarscel tries to sneak out of the nest, but is forced back into cover when Adam yanks the underground creature from the ground, discovers that it's a grasping mass of entrails, tries to fly away, and ends up crashing into the same rooftop while grappling the monster. His guitar is struck in the impact, and releases a single chord and a flash of multicolored light. Percentage roll:33. Adam senses a wave of empowering magic fill the surrounding area. As the only spellcaster, he is the only one here who receives the benefits. Any destructive magic he uses in the next turn will receive a +2 bonus.

(Got pretty lucky on that 1.)

Juainos will boldly help Shaun by "boosting" his performance with the expired EpiPen, everyone knows drugs only have cool science effects in movies! He'll do this by launching it from the Flying Salsa's cannon at high speeds towards Shaun's neck.

As the okapis and okapi-hybrids recover, you load the EpiPen into your hat's coilgun and fire it at Shaun from a great distance away. It just misses his neck, but tags the face of one of the dust-creatures that was attacking him. The creature is knocked on its back from the impact, just in time for Shaun to disappear into his TARDIS.

Check all my clothing for what’s in them. If I have a knife of one description or another, cut the rope if they look away for even a moment, and run. If I have some random object or other, try and throw it to distract them, and quietly untie the rope and run. If by some miracle of whichever gods are watching I have a key to the TARDIS, then summon it on top of me in that way that puts the people it lands on inside it.

I can already see how this could go horribly, horribly wrong.

(Roll:TARDIS key), 2+1

By a stroke of luck, you do in fact have the key to the TARDIS in your pocket. You summon it immediately. There are many ways this plan could have gone horribly wrong, but thanks to Juainos’ upgrades, you’re able to pull it off. Your guard nearly makes it inside along with you, but an EpiPen launched by a distant Juainos is able to intercept it. Your TARDIS falls atop you with the door open, leaving you in the control room. You’re still tied to the porcelain, but you’ve made it this far.

oh. Get my horde together and have everyone give all things of value to me and have me buy some random property.

You get your horde together, sell all your valuables, and buy a random property in Water Tank. Unfortunately, it turns out that, according to the arcane rules of Water Tank’s aristocracy, the house you spent all your money on doesn’t count as a “Landed Structure.”

travel to that mountain to get what ever rumor i heard about that was there

You crawl rapidly out of town on your many arms. Unfortunately, you don’t make it far before some of John’s networked victims spot you and begin running after you. They carry nets, intending to finish your conversion this time.

Suplex the Chimera.

In a move that is glorious, brutal, and all but final, you call on the might of T’zzz and suplex the chimera into submission.

The chimera is still alive, though half-buried in the crater you created. However you decide to proceed, it is no longer a threat.

"My god its like they designed the most ass backwards thing in existence just to fuck with me, and keep me from killing the governments still living here."
Drive to the capitol building.

2-1

You attempt to drive to the Capitol, but DC’s roads are too much this time. You find yourself lost within the maze, circling around the National Mall, but unable to approach it.

talk to the Eldritch in the book
I can just leave, I’m curious what your servant thinks of the material plane. After I know what it thinks of the place, then I will leave
Before leaving, ask the host via thoughts what it thinks of the material plane
What do you think of your exploration of the material plane? Did you like seeing new things?
After getting the answer, leave the Byakhee

You fling the tentacled book aside, buying a moment for you to speak.

“It won’t matter, Thief Rana. Your designation has not yet been changed.”

You also ask your host what it thought of the mortal world.

“It was...acceptable. I will see more of it. Not as their puppet, and not as
yours, Thief Rana.”

You leave the byahkee as it struggles against your control, and it flies out the window at lightning speeds. You are again an orb of light, and the tentacles from the book continue to pursue you.

Get inside the milk room quickly.
Whatever milk there is in the room, drink the supposedly-life-changing beverage ASAP!

GUNTHAR readies his AXE against the oncoming foe!

5+1

GUNTHAR SINGS and DANCES to the old sagas as he SLASHES and MAIMS dozens of the Followers trying to capture you both.

Joshua uses the time GUNTHAR bought to break open the vault. Inside is a single glorious glass of milk on a plinth, protected by the Followers as a symbol of something real and pure, a rare and sanity-bolstering thing in this nightmare realm.

Joshua grabs it off the plinth and chugs it. It is a beautiful taste, just like how you remember it from before the Event, but made sweeter by the long absence.

YOU WIN THE GAME!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:09:42 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 15
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2020, 11:18:58 pm »

ACTIVATE FULL SPEED TOWARDS THE OPEN DOOR OF THE BOOTH! Juainos needs to get in so he can """"""help"""""" Shaun with """"""getting back the milk""""""" since he's too nerd-like to do it by himself properly.

"Ola Shaun, room for uno more? I mean it's not like I saved you from el guarda loco back there or anything."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34