Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 80976 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 17
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2020, 12:14:31 am »

You mentioned a vision, Joshua? I’ll follow you, maybe there’s milk somewhere in the mountain, maybe there’ll be caves
"You spoke of a prophesied mountain, FRIEND JOSHUA-- and behold, a mountain! Come: let us seek therein the PRIMORDIAL COW AUĐUMBLA, that we may partake of her SACRED GIFTS!"

"Before we climb it, I should let you know, that the people who were trying to climb the mountain in my vision were doing it without any climbing gear, only with bare hands. So yeah, we gotta do it with our sheer willpower and perseverance."

Climb the mountain with my bare hands, up to the summit.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2020, 12:30:40 am »

FIRST, KICK OFF A NEW ROUND OF GESTATIONAL PERIODS TO EVENTUALLY SPAWN ANOTHER BUMPER CROP OF MY INCREASINGLY MALFORMED MAGNIFICENT OFFSPRING. ALSO SELECT ONE OF SMARTEST AND/OR WISEST OKAPI-HUMAN HYBRIDS TO ACT AS TEMPORARY LEADER 'TIL I GET BACK... OR INDEFINITELY IF SOMETHING GO WRONG   

THEN TAKE CRACK TEAM OF MOST BATTLE-READY OKAPIS AND OKAPI-HUMAN HYBRIDS, RETIRE TO SUITABLE FIELD A DISCREET DISTANCE FROM VILLAGE, AND BEGIN TRAINING IN ARTS OF COMBAT AND TACTICS UNTIL WE A WELL-OILED MACHINE OF WILDLIFE WARFARE. MAKE SURE THEY USE HOOVES TO DEVASTATING EFFECT.   
ALSO, ONCE EVERYONE BUSY DOING COMBAT DRILLS, SEE IF I CAN USE NATURAL RESOURCES TO WHIP UP SUITABLE WEAPONS FOR THOSE OF US WITH HANDS. HELL, MAYBE MAKE SPEARS OR LANCES FOR BIPEDS TO USE AS THEY RIDE THE QUADRUPEDS INTO BATTLE! HECK YEAH

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2020, 10:25:16 am »

You mentioned a vision, Joshua? I’ll follow you, maybe there’s milk somewhere in the mountain, maybe there’ll be caves
"You spoke of a prophesied mountain, FRIEND JOSHUA-- and behold, a mountain! Come: let us seek therein the PRIMORDIAL COW AUĐUMBLA, that we may partake of her SACRED GIFTS!"

"Before we climb it, I should let you know, that the people who were trying to climb the mountain in my vision were doing it without any climbing gear, only with bare hands. So yeah, we gotta do it with our sheer willpower and perseverance."

I can float, will I need to find a new body to climb with? Or can I float with both of you?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2020, 11:45:21 pm »

I can float, will I need to find a new body to climb with? Or can I float with both of you?

"The voice in the vision didn't mention anything about flying and such, but I suggest to not risk it and find a new body, so you can climb the mountain."
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 18
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2020, 02:24:51 am »

Turn 18

Shoryuken the minotaur

You heroically rise from the ground as the minotaur stomps up behind you, and leap into a spinning Shoryuken! Unfortunately, it seems like your previous injury (perhaps worsened by loudly calling out what you were going to do) slows your movements, and the minotaur simply grabs your arm, leaving you dangling in midair. The minotaur carries you off to a nearby dungeon and hurls you inside to await a time when the Dairy Queen can decide what to do with you.

Alright, retrieve my secret boomstick and prepare for the worst. Seems like monsters, ayylians beyond, or an even bigger bugout has occurred. Consult the CODEX FURTHER as well!

You collect your shotgun and thoroughly explore the town. From your investigations and the information in the CODEX FURTHER, it looks like the entire town was overwhelmed, infected, and marched away by some sort of digital virus somehow capable of taking control of organic beings.

Start chasing the skelly centipede and preferably in with the music of the Yakety sax.
escape from the infected
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ)
4 vs 5

Water Tank is thrown into an uproar as Joey Bones is pursued around the town by the converted wastelanders. Benny Hill would be proud of of the display, but ultimately Joey manages to get away and loses the drones somewhere on the outskirts of Water Tank.

"ayayay, loos like we've done it compadres! But first we have to deal with lo monstro invisible, thanks to Adam, I'm starting to think you're not who you say you are you know? With that colorful reality-altering advice you resemble a mui macho Titan."[/b]
2+1 for Shaun's 5
"Ah, Juanos, such a jokester." Adam laughed good-naturedly as he put an arm around Juanos's shoulder and pulled him in like a close friend. He then stealthily whispered in his ear "You really want to play this game? I'll rip that ugly, fake mustache off your face and choke you with it you omnicidal word censored for decency reasons." Moving back to standing normally he added, "But, you're right, I ought to fix my mistake."

He then snapped his fingers and summoned a localized blast of hell fire and heavenly fire on top of the monster to destroy it.
2+1 for Shaun's 5.
"You're right compadre, that was a broma! Hahahaha try me last time we did this I distinctly remember how I won and you got left in the dust, literally"
(Whispering)"Last time I was dealing with you with both arms tied behind my back. Now, looks like they're both free."
Ask the others where we’re headed, then grab a large blunt object and try to hunt the invisible monsters with the trustworthy as ever Juainos. Send the TARDIS wherever is needed.
Dive into cover. Or just a corner. It doesn’t really matter much so long as it’s good for cowering in.

Ssarscel darts into a side room to hide while Juainos invisibly congratulates his team, while expressing some concerns. "ayayay, loos like we've done it compadres! But first we have to deal with lo monstro invisible, thanks to Adam, I'm starting to think you're not who you say you are you know? With that colorful reality-altering advice you resemble a mui macho Titan." "Ah, Juanos, such a jokester." Adam laughed good-naturedly as he put an arm around Juanos's shoulder and pulled him in like a close friend. He then stealthily whispered in his ear "You really want to play this game? I'll rip that ugly, fake mustache off your face and choke you with it you omnicidal word censored for decency reasons." Moving back to standing normally he added, "But, you're right, I ought to fix my mistake." "You're right compadre, that was a broma! Hahahaha try me last time we did this I distinctly remember how I won and you got left in the dust, literally" (Whispering)"Last time I was dealing with you with both arms tied behind my back. Now, looks like they're both free."

Adam and Juainos are so distracted by their loudly whispered conversation that they would both have failed to stop the monsters aboard the TARDIS if Juainos' good friend Shaun hadn't stepped up and caught the lead creature with a lucky wrench blow across the jaw. The shriek provides enough of a target for Juainos to splash a conveniently placed bottle of Guinness across the invisible monsters, allowing Adam to burn them all in a blast of flame.

Shaun is ready to launch the TARDIS on demand, if his guests have a destination in mind.

"I was hopping for a gun, but this big ass government whoop-ass stick will do."
Take my House of Representatives mace, and sneak up on the cyborg and beat his head it with it!
(Recommended listening.)
Spoiler: Roll result (click to show/hide)

You weigh your new mace in your hands, and then sneak back into the Senate chamber to deal with Cyborg Mitch McConnell.

You start out by creeping along the upper floors, before making the decision to simply leap down in front of him and greet him with a casual "Hello there." Mitch McConnell turns to you with an ironic air as a set of security robots are deployed from the floor. "Mr. Burt..You are a bold one!" With a chuckle, McConnell orders his robots to kill you. They march toward you with electric staves, but you simply counter with a crossbow bolt aimed at the ceiling. A chunk of rubble thus dislodged crushes the machines. One lingers on for a few moments more before you finish him with a summary headshot from the Mace. Passing by the destruction, you approach Mitch McConnell. A small army of turrets appear from the walls and floors in an instant, but McConnell waves them off. "Back away! I'll deal with this protestor slime myself!" You offer only a calm "Your move" in reply.

McConnell brushes away his cloak and collects several of the bills at his side. "You fool! I've been trained in your "antigovernment arts" by Ron Paul!" With that, McConnell's arms split along the middles, revealing a full set of four arms, each holding a once-promising bill. The blue and green blades of concealed laser swords emerge from within as McConnell enters a fighting stance. "Attack, Burt!" You raise the Mace, ready to take down this last representative of the Government.

McConnell laughs, and his hands rapidly spin. The billswords become spinning discs of light in his grip. Most would be overwhelmed, but you've trained for this moment. A jab from the Mace disrupts his pattern. A few more harrowing seconds dodging, parrying, and a leap over McConnell give you an opening, and you strike one of his mechanical hands from his wrist. Angered, McConnell presses the attack in a blind rage with his three remaining limbs. You keep your head, and McConnell loses another hand for his aggression.

However, even maimed, McConnell is inhabiting an untiring mechanical body, while you're only deerman. He knocks away your attempts at guards, while you struggle just to keep your grip on the Mace. McConnell senses your hesitation, and raises his two remaining billswords in a challenge. At that moment, you draw on the authority of the Mace. Behind you, the ghosts of Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Speakerbot Zorblax of the 212th Congress, and all the other Speakers of the House rise up behind you and channel their strength into you.

McConnell is unimpressed. "Chosen of the House or not, you must realise:You. Are. Doomed."

You inform McConnell you disagree, with a brutal antler and House of Representatives-backed headbutt that launches the cyborg Senator through the back wall and disarms him of his remaining two billswords. Before you can catch up and finish him off, McConnell skitters away and hops onto a circular motorcycle. Pressed for options, you leap onto the back of one of DC's Giant Featherlizard mutants. You're able to control the creature and pursue McConnell as he flees to Ronald Reagan Intergalactic Spaceport, but along the way the creature's violent movements dislodge the Mace from your hand. It flies away into the DC rubble, but you focus on the chase. When you catch up to him, McConnell pulls out another electric staff and tries to ward you off. Instead, you grab hold of the staff. A few more moments of struggling lead to you being pulled off your lizard and into McConnell's vehicle. McConnell uses his other arm to pull out an antique AR-15 from another hidden compartment, and manages to fire a shot off before the flailing staff causes the vehicle to crash just before reaching McConnell's personal space shuttle.

You are both sprawled out on the ground for an instant, before grabbing weapons and resuming the duel. You get the staff, while McConnell claims the rifle. McConnell fires off another shot, but you're able to knock the gun from his grip with the staff. You land a few solid jabs on McConnell with the staff and even knock him down, but a massive kick to your chest from a clawed metal foot sends you flying and disarms you in turn. You try attacking with antlers and hooves, but it quickly becomes clear that you are no match for McConnell's cyborg body in a fistfight. You take a serious beating, only managing to pry open McConnell's chestplate and expose his heart during the Majority Leader's assault. Furious, McConnell throws you toward one of Reagan Intergalactic's many giant pits. You're able to grab onto the edge, as McConnell picks up the staff to finish you off. However, perhaps the House of Representatives has one last gift for you. It just so happens that the AR-15 landed just within reach.

As McConnell stomps toward you with spear in hand, you fire a clean shot into his organ sack. McConnell snarls and looks at you in shock as his internal workings ignite. Four more semiautomatic shots to the exposed heart rapidly escalate the damage until Cyborg Senator Mitch McConnell finally explodes and collapses into a pile of burning metal.

(Major apologies to George Lucas.)

For a brief, awestruck moment-- GUNTHAR is speechless.
The moment soon passes.

And with that, GUNTHAR HORNHELM proceeds unto the mountains, with HONORED COMPATRIOTS beside!

"The voice in the vision didn't mention anything about flying and such, but I suggest to not risk it and find a new body, so you can climb the mountain."
(I'm going to start having groups that travel together share a single roll. That way, groups aren't involuntarily splitting up due to different results. As such, 5 to reach the Mountain.)

For a brief, awestruck moment-- GUNTHAR is speechless.
The moment soon passes.

The three companions set off for the Mountain. They reach it with surprising speed and ease. There are almost no signs of life here, in the creative void before all things. There is not nothing, though. A little, squealing crab-squid spawns from a pool. It looks at the party and speaks. "Dette stemmer ikke. Du skulle ikke være her ennå. Dette er ikke akseptabelt.."

Whatever it said, the creature's body quickly makes a decent host for Rana.

At the foot of the mountain, Joshua attempts to free climb. His first attempt ends in a fall, but he isn't really hurt.

FIRST, KICK OFF A NEW ROUND OF GESTATIONAL PERIODS TO EVENTUALLY SPAWN ANOTHER BUMPER CROP OF MY INCREASINGLY MALFORMED MAGNIFICENT OFFSPRING. ALSO SELECT ONE OF SMARTEST AND/OR WISEST OKAPI-HUMAN HYBRIDS TO ACT AS TEMPORARY LEADER 'TIL I GET BACK... OR INDEFINITELY IF SOMETHING GO WRONG   

THEN TAKE CRACK TEAM OF MOST BATTLE-READY OKAPIS AND OKAPI-HUMAN HYBRIDS, RETIRE TO SUITABLE FIELD A DISCREET DISTANCE FROM VILLAGE, AND BEGIN TRAINING IN ARTS OF COMBAT AND TACTICS UNTIL WE A WELL-OILED MACHINE OF WILDLIFE WARFARE. MAKE SURE THEY USE HOOVES TO DEVASTATING EFFECT.   
ALSO, ONCE EVERYONE BUSY DOING COMBAT DRILLS, SEE IF I CAN USE NATURAL RESOURCES TO WHIP UP SUITABLE WEAPONS FOR THOSE OF US WITH HANDS. HELL, MAYBE MAKE SPEARS OR LANCES FOR BIPEDS TO USE AS THEY RIDE THE QUADRUPEDS INTO BATTLE! HECK YEAH

(The sheer horror of your okapi hybrid society never ceases to unnerve/amuse me.)

Everything you just said is successful. You have a new round of hybrid children on the way, appoint your smartest child, Daughter Leslie, to be chief in your absence, and train your soldiers in improved combat techniques, and the bipedal ones are taught to use their more quadrupedal siblings as cavalry for lance charges. (+1 on combat rolls for all your okapis.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2020, 03:18:21 am »

BRILLIANT. JUST BRILLIANT.   

ASSEMBLE THE TROOPS! MOUNT UP ON A WAR-OKAPI, PREFERABLY ONE THAT'S NOT THE FRUIT OF MY LOINS   
THEN TROT BACK AND FORTH BEFORE MY MASSED FORCES AND GIVE A ROUSING BEFORE-BATTLE SPEECH FROM 'HORSEBACK', LIKE THE CLASSIC SCENE/TROPE FROM SO MANY MOVIES   

THEN LEAD MY OKAPI WARRIORS INTO BATTLE AGAINST THE EVIL DAIRY QUEEN OR LIKE, IN HER GENERAL DIRECTION AT LEAST, I GUESS
OH, AND IF OKAPI CAN'T REALLY SUPPORT MY WEIGHT, JUST DO THE SPEECH PART THEN DISMOUNT AND FOLLOW ON FOOT

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2020, 04:16:48 am »

While climbing with the group, look through the mind of my host to learn what “Dette stemmer ikke. Du skulle ikke være her ennå. Dette er ikke akseptabelt..” means

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2020, 07:35:22 am »

Wait, isn't the space between the bars a bit too long or is just my imagination?. Try to walk between the Dungeon/Prison bars.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2020, 07:48:46 am »

"Hell yeah I killed him, and I finally got a gun!"
Burt then strikes a triumphant pose next to the burning corpse and looks around.

"I wish I'd known this shit hole of a planet had a spaceport earlier, I can use one of these ships to go home, but first I'm gonna go back to the capital and see what kind of crap they were hiding from people, to use the stuff there to fuck up any other remaining governments, and maybe find that mace I lost on the way back."

But before all of that search the spaceport for a first aid kit and heal myself with it, as I'm assuming getting kicked by a big ass robot is harmful to my health.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »

Darn it. Time to turn Genericville into my personal army!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2020, 04:53:56 pm »

Ssarscel cautiously pokes his head out from behind his hiding place.
"...are- are we ssssssafe? I'm not going to be killed by Blaze-knowssssss-what?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2020, 05:16:52 pm »

"So what is el plano now compadros?"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2020, 06:04:21 pm »

Aye was waitin’ for youse to come up wit’ some’in.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2020, 06:26:35 pm »

Ssarscel gets up and dusts himself and his labcoat off. This does not put a noticeable dent into the stains it has accumulated over the course of the trip.
"I have been ssssssearching for information on the molecular ssssstructure of milk, sssuch that I could reproduccce the material and do repairssss to the infrassstructure around here. And become very rich, of courssssse, but that issss more of a sssside benefit. Would either of you know of ssssssomeplacccce elssssssse where we might be able to continue that sssearch? Becausssse I refusssse to remain here."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2020, 07:02:16 pm »

Ah sure, they’re probably gone. If it’a milk y’ want, than y’ can have some a’ mine.

Give Ssarscel some of the stashed away Doom Milk.

B’t if yer sure y’ don’ wan’ t’ do it here, aye’m sure we c’n fin’ somewhere else t’do it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34