Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 80995 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 18
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2020, 08:14:46 pm »

"..."
Ssarscel takes a moment to process the new development before his eyes go wide, and he scurries off to figure out if the odd... whatever that he's currently in has any research implements.

If possible, study the Doom Milk. I must find out how to fabricate it!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2020, 08:48:01 pm »

"Regardless of personal feelings... fixing Genericville is something we need to do."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2020, 09:32:52 pm »

"Regardless of personal feelings... fixing Genericville is something we need to do."
"Why don't you use your fancy guitar to do that cabron? It should be easy since it's made from Los Leites Infinitos. Speaking of elite I am mucho thirsty, pass me a bit of milk Shaun my amigo will you?"

Juainos will glup down on the glass of milk, smirking smugly at Adam in satisfaction as he does it. If he doesn't get any he'll just wait till they find some more and """"help"""" the chupathingie with studying the milk.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:52:28 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2020, 03:54:46 am »

... Aye thought Aye hid those. Don’ be doin’ that now, there’s only so much a’ th’ stuff.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2020, 07:23:58 am »

"My guitar is... difficult to control. It was a last resort weapon to try and stop Thainos, so it doesn't really work for specific tasks. Also, give all the milk to Ssarscel, he can make more, and then we can have it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2020, 07:38:47 am »

The vision might have only occurred to me, but we are all in this together. Work as a team to climb the mountain.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2020, 07:52:23 am »

Give Ssarscel almost all the milk, quietly leaving the most well hidden stash as a backup.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:35 am »

Begin working on a method to fix genericville.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2020, 12:38:04 pm »

Assist Adam, it was Sheáwn’s home for a long time after he emigrated.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2020, 04:52:42 pm »

start reinforcing my body with strange skele magic
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2020, 08:42:47 pm »

In accordance with his fellows, GUNTHAR begins his GLORIOUS ASCENT!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 19
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2020, 11:32:09 pm »

Turn 19

BRILLIANT. JUST BRILLIANT.   

ASSEMBLE THE TROOPS! MOUNT UP ON A WAR-OKAPI, PREFERABLY ONE THAT'S NOT THE FRUIT OF MY LOINS   
THEN TROT BACK AND FORTH BEFORE MY MASSED FORCES AND GIVE A ROUSING BEFORE-BATTLE SPEECH FROM 'HORSEBACK', LIKE THE CLASSIC SCENE/TROPE FROM SO MANY MOVIES   

THEN LEAD MY OKAPI WARRIORS INTO BATTLE AGAINST THE EVIL DAIRY QUEEN OR LIKE, IN HER GENERAL DIRECTION AT LEAST, I GUESS
OH, AND IF OKAPI CAN'T REALLY SUPPORT MY WEIGHT, JUST DO THE SPEECH PART THEN DISMOUNT AND FOLLOW ON FOOT

4+1

You pick up a lance, mount up on a trained war-okapi, making sure not to pick one of your hybrid children, and ride out to address your gathered okapi warriors. The bipeds are mounted on the quadrupeds, as you requested. They look into the darkness of their former master's forest with apprehension, and a horde of mythical creatures and glowing eyes approach in the distance. Time for a speech.

"Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of me! Of the Congo! My okapis! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of Okapi fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Okapi comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Okapis of the Forest!

The inspired okapi army rears up, chuffing mightily, and charges against the mythic horde behind you. First blood goes to you, as a wereleopard is speared on your lance. You and your okapi army press the attack against the Dairy Queen. Along the way, detachments of your troops break into cages and farming camps belonging to the Dairy Queen, freeing still more okapis to join your growing force. By the end of the charge, you see the Dairy Queen's personal fortress before you. Her troops are pulling back, preparing for a siege.

Wait, isn't the space between the bars a bit too long or is just my imagination?. Try to walk between the Dungeon/Prison bars.

You notice that the bars on your cell seem a bit too wide and attempt slipping out through the gaps. Outside your window, you hear the distant sounds of battle as something assaults the Dairy Queen's fortress. After a great deal of effort, you manage to slip through the bars. However, you find yourself back on the tiled floor of your cell. Looks like you can't actually get out that way due to a bit of portal trickery by the Dairy Queen. Apparently, she just likes dangling that little bit of hope before her prisoners. As you search for an alternate exit, a troop of royal satyr guards enter the cell, followed by the Dairy Queen herself. A carpet is rolled out before her, preventing her from having to actually touch the floor of her cell.

"Ah, Mr. Adam Smith. Perhaps it's a shame we could not have met under better circumstances. I would have liked to have you flayed alive and fed to the Unicorn for showing the temerity to attempt to steal from me. As it stands, we do not have time for such diversions. I extend this offer once. My lands are currently under siege by a band of revolting okapis. Serve me in destroying them, and I shall grant you a small sample from my milk vaults. Refuse...well, the unicorn does need feeding after all."

"Hell yeah I killed him, and I finally got a gun!"
Burt then strikes a triumphant pose next to the burning corpse and looks around.

"I wish I'd known this shit hole of a planet had a spaceport earlier, I can use one of these ships to go home, but first I'm gonna go back to the capital and see what kind of crap they were hiding from people, to use the stuff there to fuck up any other remaining governments, and maybe find that mace I lost on the way back."

But before all of that search the spaceport for a first aid kit and heal myself with it, as I'm assuming getting kicked by a big ass robot is harmful to my health.

After collecting your new assault rifle, you go looking for a first aid kit to heal the various wounds induced by taking a massive metal talon to the chest. After a while, you locate a still somewhat functioning medical terminal back inside the Capitol Building's ruins. However, it looks like it's malfunctioning. If you use it, it will most likely treat your wound, but there's a chance it could make things worse in the attempt.

Darn it. Time to turn Genericville into my personal army!

Shrugging your collective shoulders, you leave Joey Bones and march for the bigger prize of conquering Genericville.

Your first attempt goes disastrously. The patchwork monsters quickly rout your outnumbered drones and kill many of them. After you retreat and regroup, you check through your hosts and realize that that your original body in the battle was one of the casualties torn apart and redistributed by the monsters. You don't really need it anymore as long as you've got your Network, but it's still unfortunate.

Ssarscel cautiously pokes his head out from behind his hiding place.
"...are- are we ssssssafe? I'm not going to be killed by Blaze-knowssssss-what?"
"So what is el plano now compadros?"
Aye was waitin’ for youse to come up wit’ some’in.
Ssarscel gets up and dusts himself and his labcoat off. This does not put a noticeable dent into the stains it has accumulated over the course of the trip.
"I have been ssssssearching for information on the molecular ssssstructure of milk, sssuch that I could reproduccce the material and do repairssss to the infrassstructure around here. And become very rich, of courssssse, but that issss more of a sssside benefit. Would either of you know of ssssssomeplacccce elssssssse where we might be able to continue that sssearch? Becausssse I refusssse to remain here."
Ah sure, they’re probably gone. If it’a milk y’ want, than y’ can have some a’ mine.

Give Ssarscel some of the stashed away Doom Milk.

B’t if yer sure y’ don’ wan’ t’ do it here, aye’m sure we c’n fin’ somewhere else t’do it.
"..."
Ssarscel takes a moment to process the new development before his eyes go wide, and he scurries off to figure out if the odd... whatever that he's currently in has any research implements.

If possible, study the Doom Milk. I must find out how to fabricate it!
3+1
"Why don't you use your fancy guitar to do that cabron? It should be easy since it's made from Los Leites Infinitos. Speaking of elite I am mucho thirsty, pass me a bit of milk Shaun my amigo will you?"

Juainos will glup down on the glass of milk, smirking smugly at Adam in satisfaction as he does it. If he doesn't get any he'll just wait till they find some more and """"help"""" the chupathingie with studying the milk.
... Aye thought Aye hid those. Don’ be doin’ that now, there’s only so much a’ th’ stuff.
"My guitar is... difficult to control. It was a last resort weapon to try and stop Thainos, so it doesn't really work for specific tasks. Also, give all the milk to Ssarscel, he can make more, and then we can have it.
Give Ssarscel almost all the milk, quietly leaving the most well hidden stash as a backup.
Begin working on a method to fix genericville.
5+1
Assist Adam, it was Sheáwn’s home for a long time after he emigrated.
(Didn't make you roll for just handing milk to each other.)

In the TARDIS, Adam, Ssarscel, Shaun, and their ever trustworthy friend Juainos discuss their next move.

Ssarscel cautiously pokes his head out from behind his hiding place.
"...are- are we ssssssafe? I'm not going to be killed by Blaze-knowssssss-what?"

"So what is el plano now compadros?"

"Aye was waitin’ for youse to come up wit’ some’in."

Ssarscel gets up and dusts himself and his labcoat off. This does not put a noticeable dent into the stains it has accumulated over the course of the trip.
"I have been ssssssearching for information on the molecular ssssstructure of milk, sssuch that I could reproduccce the material and do repairssss to the infrassstructure around here. And become very rich, of courssssse, but that issss more of a sssside benefit. Would either of you know of ssssssomeplacccce elssssssse where we might be able to continue that sssearch? Becausssse I refusssse to remain here."

"Ah sure, they’re probably gone. If it’a milk y’ want, than y’ can have some a’ mine."

Shaun gives Ssarscel a bottle of Doom Mug milk.

"B’t if yer sure y’ don’ wan’ t’ do it here, aye’m sure we c’n fin’ somewhere else t’do it."

"..."

"... Aye thought Aye hid those. Don’ be doin’ that now, there’s only so much a’ th’ stuff."

After that, the four begin working on their various tasks. Shaun gives most of his milk supply to Ssarscel and hides the last bottle as best he can. Ssarcel begins studying the Doom Milk, looking for a means of recreating it. Juainos walks over to "assist" him. At first, his advice is of dubious quality, almost as if he was trying to sabotage the project. However, Juainos understands the material almost as if he's handled it before, and inadvertently gives Ssarscel the advice necessary to make a breakthrough and gain an understanding of the near-impossible chemical structure of the Doom Milk. With trepidation, Ssarscel activates the TARDIS' food machine.

A single glass of Doom Milk is successfully poured out, before the volatile nature of the Doom Milk burns out the food machine. Ssarscel has learned to produce Doom Milk, but the process is dangerous and burns out any replicator used for the purpose after making a small amount. Perhaps if you had a more complete understanding of the other Infinity Milks, he could mass produce an infinite supply of milk. Anyway...

You win the game!!!

Meanwhile, Adam and Shaun collaborate on a plan to fix Genericville. Drawing on Shaun's local knowledge and Adam's seemingly millennia of experience with human societies (including that good couple of centuries in which he was co-ruler of the planet), they actually work out a plan. If Genericville can be retaken from the monsters, Adam and Shaun's rebuilding plan could actually remake Genericville to the point of pre-Event standards of living. From there, perhaps other cities could be rebuilt to the same model.

One key point remains however, aside from the issue of the monsters. Various points of the plan require a steady and reliable supply of milk.

The vision might have only occurred to me, but we are all in this together. Work as a team to climb the mountain.
6+1
While climbing with the group, look through the mind of my host to learn what “Dette stemmer ikke. Du skulle ikke være her ennå. Dette er ikke akseptabelt..” means

In accordance with his fellows, GUNTHAR begins his GLORIOUS ASCENT!

GUNTHAR, Rana, and Joshua climb the mountain as a team. The First Avalanche crashes down toward them as they climb, but thankfully Rana was already keeping an eye out for caves. The trio dodges within as the snow crashes down. As the snow rains past the entrance, they find themselves at the mouth of a stone tunnel, uncut by any pick or the claws of any beasts. Giant crystals light this primordial cavern with a faint white glow. The tunnel leads on into darkness.

One sign of life provides the first clue that this primordial land is not barren. A cave painting of a single hornless cow licking salty stones.

As a side note, Rana mentally questions her host about the meaning of its statement. Roughly translated, it is Norwegian for "This isn't (right/true?). You shouldn't be here yet. This isn't Acceptable."

start reinforcing my body with strange skele magic

You attempt to reinforce your body with skele magic, but it doesn't take. Strange skele magic was never your best class in skele school.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 11:33:51 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2020, 11:42:29 pm »

"Hmm si, el leite seems to be made out of milk. Maybe we can use las propriedes subrenaturais of the milk to find the Infinity Dearies and maybe recreate la Luva Ilimitada? Just throwing it out there compadre."

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2020, 11:57:35 pm »

go find a graveyard
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2020, 12:42:06 am »

Gunthar approaches the painting, reaching out to touch it with creaky fingers.
"The cow Auðumbla."

For once, there's no madness in his voice.

"...come, friends. Let us discover together where this pass may lead."
And turning, raising the incandescent Axe of Ginnungagap as a torch before him, Gunthar proceeds into the yawning tunnel.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34