Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 80992 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 20
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2020, 09:09:20 am »

If there is still smaller settlements to raid then keep raiding. If none left, then march onto Genricville itself.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2020, 02:35:30 pm »

start taking the bones and using them to reinforce my body
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2020, 03:35:04 pm »

Juainos will enter into the depths of the Moloko in search of the schematics of the Infinity Dearies, but not before shifting something to his pocket.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2020, 05:39:45 pm »

Juainos will enter into the depths of the Moloko in search of the schematics of the Infinity Dearies, but not before shifting something to his pocket.
If that was the milk I’ll feckin’ marmalize ya.

Explore the Molok and determine what from the actual ship survived and what didn’t.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2020, 08:37:06 pm »

ENGAGE CHIMERA AND ITS RIDER IN SINGLE COMBAT BEFORE IT KILL ANY MORE OF MY CHILDREN   

HURL A SPEAR, AIMING TO SKEWER AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE PESKY HEADS (MAYBE MORE IF ATTACK FROM SIDE), THEN CLOSE IN AND HAVE MY STEED KNOCK IT DOWN WITH A KICK OF ITS HOOVES - OR, BETTER YET, MAYBE KICK THEM STRAIGHT THROUGH FORTRESS WALLS!   

"DIE, EVILDOER! YOU SHALL SHARE IN THE SAME FATE OF THE VILE DAIRY QUEEN HERSELF! NO LONGER SHALL THIS FOREST BE OPPRESSED!"   

ALSO REST OF ARMY CAN GO ON ATTACKING DQ FORCES, I GUESS
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2020, 05:22:39 am »

"I don't like these stalactites above us. Let us not risk drinking the water and go further instead."

We should go across the pond, deeper into the mountainous cavern.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2020, 09:28:45 am »

"Welcome to the wreckage of the Moloko. Way too much happened for me to properly explain, but we're here because the on-ship computer made scans of the infinity dairies that we can use to make more milk."

Scan for hostiles.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2020, 12:42:53 pm »

"To drink would be dangerous, perhaps... but does this place not spark a certain curiosity in you, friend Joshua?" Gunthar approaches the pool, looking back with a smile. "There is no need now for haste. What wonders might we behold, in the ancient perfection of these waters?"

And kneeling, Gunthar peers into the pool's crystal depths: at his own reflection, and at what may lie beneath.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2020, 02:29:00 pm »

"Welcome to the wreckage of the Moloko. Way too much happened for me to properly explain, but we're here because the on-ship computer made scans of the infinity dairies that we can use to make more milk."

Scan for hostiles.
"...ah.
Um, what are the 'infinity dairiesss'?"
Go search for any location from which I could access the records.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 24, 2020, 07:46:52 am »

I may not have time to update today.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2020, 08:09:28 am »

I may not have time to update today.

((No hurrying; take it easy. We understand.))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 21
« Reply #341 on: May 25, 2020, 02:08:05 am »

Turn 21

The axe held by Gunthar, the man in white, can open portals. One of the portals led here. Would it be acceptable to drink the water? If not, what would be Acceptable to do here?
If it’s acceptable, drink the water. If not, try doing what would be acceptable
"I don't like these stalactites above us. Let us not risk drinking the water and go further instead."

We should go across the pond, deeper into the mountainous cavern.

"To drink would be dangerous, perhaps... but does this place not spark a certain curiosity in you, friend Joshua?" Gunthar approaches the pool, looking back with a smile. "There is no need now for haste. What wonders might we behold, in the ancient perfection of these waters?"

And kneeling, Gunthar peers into the pool's crystal depths: at his own reflection, and at what may lie beneath.

Rana, Joshua, and Gunthar face the pool. Rana decides to ask her host for advice.

The axe held by Gunthar, the man in white, can open portals. One of the portals led here. Would it be acceptable to drink the water? If not, what would be Acceptable to do here?

"We...do not understand your choices, Thief Rana. You do not submit, yet you spend empathy on our kind. What do you want from us? Do you intend to fight us, or do you intend to serve? If you wish to serve, drown your companions in this pool, incorporate their corpses into your form, and merge with our Mind that we may learn what they learned, and your unnecessary personality shall be purged. That would be Acceptable.

But you won't do that, will you? You will act in a manner that is not Acceptable, and yet you will continue not to attempt to erase us. What do you want? What do you think is Acceptable?"

As they talk, Joshua and Gunthar disagree about what should be done with the pool.

Joshua moves around the edge of the pool and reaches a tunnel on the opposite side without incident. He can leave, if he wants.

Meanwhile, Gunthar kneels and peers at his reflection in the water. His face peers back up at him, ornamented with a plastic and cardboard crown and lined with madness.

As he looks though, he sees deeper. In the pool, Gunthar sees his reflection eventually turn and leave the pool. A ripple stirs the surface of the lake. In the distorted reflections, the mirrored Gunthar meets with many fates. Some are tragic, a fatal fall or a cave-in claiming his life. An abandoned quest and a death in obscurity. A golden fist leaving a world of empty dust, and forging a new one atop the ashes.

Many though are much more hopeful. Gunthar standing on a burning throne, wielding the Axe of the Ginnungagap against countless foes until he is ushered into Valhalla. Serving as the guardian of Auðumbla, standing by her side as the world is born and reborn again. Simply eating a bowl of breakfast cereal with milk every morning in a healed version of his home.

Many more futures besides these are reflected in the pool. The ripples settle and the reflections almost fade. The fading imagery of the pool almost seems to ask him a question.

"What future do you hope to find at the dawn of all things, Gunthar Hornhelm?"

[Processing, processing]
“...what, er, iss thisssss?”
If that was the milk I’ll feckin’ marmalize ya.

Explore the Molok and determine what from the actual ship survived and what didn’t.

Scan for hostiles.
"...ah.
Go search for any location from which I could access the records.

The TARDIS crew look over the fallen spacecraft.

“...what, er, iss thisssss?”

"...ah.

Adam remains behind to use the TARDIS scanners while the others go aboard the Moloko. Adam tries to scan for hostiles, but for some reason all the computer gives him is a massive "HOSTILE DETECTED" alarm centered on Juainos. Must be an error.

Speaking of Juainos, everyone's giant purple friend spends his time exploring the underbelly of the Moloko. He doesn't find the Infinity Milk scans, but he does come across something. A brief stumble over some rubble exposes a glint of metal, and he digs through the debris. Underneath is a golden gauntlet with six empty indentations.

Shaun walks into the ship's main level through a faded "postal carrier" sign left over from some old battle over the cosmetic design just before the Event. An inspection of the ship reveals that it's actually in surprisingly good condition. It looks like the ship was finally brought down by the sudden deaths of half the crew, followed by an attack from Thainos' army of assembled villains that destroyed the engines. The nanobots have also been permanently deactivated due to time and decay, and there's hull breaches and relatively minor damage all throughout the ship. If the engine could be repaired or replaced however, the ship could possibly fly again.

Finally, Ssarscel boards the unfamiliar vessel in search of the ship's records. After finding his way through an oddly large wardrobe of mime apparel and a church filled with Roombas with drained batteries, Ssarscel locates the hallway to the ship's computer core. However, the way is completely filled with a hive of surviving vacuum vermin.

Try to locate the leader and carve a bloody path towards it.

If I fail to locate the leader just keep killing Okapis until I can make a wall with their corpses.

ENGAGE CHIMERA AND ITS RIDER IN SINGLE COMBAT BEFORE IT KILL ANY MORE OF MY CHILDREN   

HURL A SPEAR, AIMING TO SKEWER AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE PESKY HEADS (MAYBE MORE IF ATTACK FROM SIDE), THEN CLOSE IN AND HAVE MY STEED KNOCK IT DOWN WITH A KICK OF ITS HOOVES - OR, BETTER YET, MAYBE KICK THEM STRAIGHT THROUGH FORTRESS WALLS!   

"DIE, EVILDOER! YOU SHALL SHARE IN THE SAME FATE OF THE VILE DAIRY QUEEN HERSELF! NO LONGER SHALL THIS FOREST BE OPPRESSED!"   

ALSO REST OF ARMY CAN GO ON ATTACKING DQ FORCES, I GUESS
Spoiler: Combat rolls (click to show/hide)

The battle rages on. Yoink and Adam Smith identify each other from across the battlefield and charge with lances in hand. Everything seems to go silent for a brief moment as the two rush together.

Then, Yoink breaks from the charge with an unexpected wheel to the side on his mounts twisted legs. A spear flies from his hand and strikes through the head of the serpent tail. The chimera rears up in pain, an opening Yoink's mount uses to kick the chimera to the ground. Adam is knocked down alongside his mount, looking up at Yoink and his monster as they prepare for the kill.

The Dreamer hasn't abandoned his servant yet, however. From the castle comes a joyous whinnying. The Unicorn is standing in the gates, the sun shining off her horn and her long white mane flowing in the breeze. The Unicorn trots in place, signalling a challenge to the okapi army. An okapi partisan immediately charges the Unicorn with spear in hand. The Unicorn waves her mane in the breeze once more, turns as if to run, and when the partisan approaches, snaps out a hoof. The okapi warrior drops to his knees, gagging silently on a burst throat. The Unicorn's perfect white pelt is immediately stained red as she wheels around and chomps eagerly on the spilling blood. Other okapis see the display and charge to defend their wounded companion. Their valor doesn't help. The Unicorn rips the first okapi's head and spine from his shoulders, flings it at the others to break their charge, and then puts her sharp horn to work.

There are no survivors, and no wounds that might grant the mercy of a quick death. The Unicorn hungers.

"Aw yeah back to full strength, now it is time to use the items in this building against the government that created it!"
Search the bunker under the capital building for the war room, then see how many nukes are still armed and ready.
(So at first I was worried, then I was rooting for you, and then I rolled and was just disappointed. Sorry about that result, I wanted to see you nuke something.)

You check the remains of the war room, but unfortunately it looks like the United States has no nuclear missile supply. Historical records indicate that it used to have one, but the peaceful era of the Earth Alliance lead to disarmament.

Typical Government, dismantling all the nuclear weapons before you can use them.

If there is still smaller settlements to raid then keep raiding. If none left, then march onto Genricville itself.

You expand your Network, ensuring that no village is too small to miss their chance to become part of your extended consciousness. After some time, you end up even more powerful than before your ill-fated attack on Genericville. No villages remain, but your army will get a +1 bonus on further mass combat.

start taking the bones and using them to reinforce my body

4+1 for finding the bones.

You work with the skeletons you've recovered, building yourself up into a terrifying amalgamation of bone. You now get a +1 on rolls involving physical strength, and your added connections gives you both the ability to preform skeleton magic and a +1 on your spells.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:14:21 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 25, 2020, 03:53:23 am »

"El Guante Ilimitado ... ¿Cuántas vidas y nacionalidades he pasado por buscarte? ¿Cuánto he perdido? No importa, uno menos, quedan cinco."

Spoiler: GM EYES ONLY YA GITS (click to show/hide)

Juainos delves deeper into the Moloko, but not before reporting to the TARDIS that he found a weird glove but threw it someplace dark and weird instead of using it for balancing or some other evil non-Juainos stuff.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:55:25 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 25, 2020, 06:40:18 am »

"No god damn it, no, they destroyed them those government bastards they ruined my plans...  at least they're all dead."
Look around and see if I can access any other long range ballistic or chemical weapons.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 25, 2020, 07:32:59 am »

Point at the Leader of the Okapis and call upon my lord T'zzz to cast a spell in the most foulest, dark and eldritch of all Languages: English.

"Cleansing Fireball"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34