Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 81000 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 21
« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2020, 08:00:05 am »

"..."

Carefully navigate the hallway to the computer core. If the vacuum vermin try to fuck with me, then... um... mime asserting dominance?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 25, 2020, 11:05:42 am »

Juainos? A hostile? No way. I’m sure this is just a glitch that will sort itself out eventually, but since I’m sure my friends are in danger from something...

Set the Tardis to fire weapons at hostiles with extreme prejudice. After all, I’m sure ot will figure out Thainos Juainos isn’t a hostile eventually
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 25, 2020, 12:53:04 pm »

March onto Genricville.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2020, 08:38:21 am »

Look busy, contemplate what I’m doing here.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2020, 11:14:44 am »

Just be on guard while Gunthar contemplates himself while looking in a mirror.
Pull out my flare gun and shoot at the possible intruders, should they appear.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2020, 12:26:11 pm »

Someone destroyed most milk, the resulting wars ended up destroying many planets. I hope to use the Infinity Milks to create new planets, new life to fill them, to add to the universe. I wondered if blending your plane to the material one would create new things. When I read your book, I realize I agree with some parts, but not others. I agree that the wars brought Chaos, and will sometimes leads to chaos, but will doesn’t always lead to chaos, sometimes will can lead to order too. Maybe the infinity milks can help with removing chaos without removing will. I guess I’m not completely sure what I want, I know I want my companions to be alive. I want to help people, when the helping doesn’t harm anyone. I also know that sometimes harm is unavoidable. We’re looking for milk now. When we find it, I think it will be shared among us, and I’ll give some to you, if you want it. What are you looking for in this plane?
Follow Gunthar, if needed, hold breath
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:25:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2020, 04:49:32 pm »

"...go on, friends. Gunthar shall-- I shall be along-- shortly."
Gunthar smiles a feeble smile. "Shortly. Yes."

And slowly, hesitantly, Gunthar lowers himself into the pool's crystal depths.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:43:09 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2020, 08:25:56 pm »

Gunthar, what are you doing?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 22
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2020, 01:42:44 am »

Turn 22

"El Guante Ilimitado ... ¿Cuántas vidas y nacionalidades he pasado por buscarte? ¿Cuánto he perdido? No importa, uno menos, quedan cinco."

Spoiler: GM EYES ONLY YA GITS (click to show/hide)

Juainos delves deeper into the Moloko, but not before reporting to the TARDIS that he found a weird glove but threw it someplace dark and weird instead of using it for balancing or some other evil non-Juainos stuff.

You head deeper into the Moloko, finding youself roughly in the vicinity of the computer core. As you explore, you hear a snap as you carelessly step on a skeletal arm. Moments later, you hear the sound of growls and tentacles brushing against walls as a pack of vacuum vermin approach from nearby.

"..."

Carefully navigate the hallway to the computer core. If the vacuum vermin try to fuck with me, then... um... mime asserting dominance?

You start painstakingly sneaking down the hallway. It looks increasingly impossible to get past all the vacuum vermin, but then a snap sounds from elsewhere in the ship and the vermin clear out in search of prey. You quickly take the opportunity and make it to the computer core. It's a decently large chamber, filled with a maze of servers.

Juainos? A hostile? No way. I’m sure this is just a glitch that will sort itself out eventually, but since I’m sure my friends are in danger from something...

Set the Tardis to fire weapons at hostiles with extreme prejudice. After all, I’m sure ot will figure out Thainos Juainos isn’t a hostile eventually

(No roll)

You attempt to target all the TARDIS's weapons at Thainos any hostiles. The screen beeps and displays a "404 Weapons not found" error, before suggesting that you requisition a battle TARDIS instead.

Look busy, contemplate what I’m doing here.

You fail to look busy as you sit around contemplating what you're doing here. As far as you can recall, your house ran out of milk, so a large mess occurred until you got some more. Then you didn't have a house, so you went to the Middle Ages and stole milk, messing up that society instead. Then you lived in the distant past for a while, before taking a job as a janitor on a spaceship after working up the nerve to check if the world survived the Middle Ages conflict. Of course, then Thainos destroyed the world anyway, so now you're ferrying Angelo/Diablo, his friends, and the endlessly helpful and trustworthy Juainos around as they look for a means of fixing all the damage.

If you were looking for something to do while you wait, you could always go back and save Lincoln again. You haven't had the power of his hat ever since you reset that timeline, resulting in history returning to its original state.

"No god damn it, no, they destroyed them those government bastards they ruined my plans...  at least they're all dead."
Look around and see if I can access any other long range ballistic or chemical weapons.

You decide to keep looking around DC. Surely the Government wouldn't get rid of all its WMDs. Your persistence is rewarded. Eventually searching a basement in the Pentagon, you locate a terminal connected to an ion cannon satellite still floating above the remains of the Earth. However, as soon as you hop into the command chair to start picking targets, you trigger an alarm. A pair of turrets pop out of the ceiling and the door seals behind you.

Point at the Leader of the Okapis and call upon my lord T'zzz to cast a spell in the most foulest, dark and eldritch of all Languages: English.

"Cleansing Fireball"

6-1 vs 3
Chimera vs Okapi:2-1 vs 4
Okapis vs Dairy Queen forces:5-1 vs 1

Encouraged by the sight of a savage unicorn devouring okapi forces, you turn to Yoink and cast your spell. A Cleansing Fireball blasts Yoink out of the saddle, sending him rolling off into the battlefield. As he recovers, his okapi mutant screams in rage and lunges at your chimera. The two beasts clash, but the okapi maintains the upper hand. Your chimera breathes fire and lunges out with its claws, but the okapi snaps out a hoof and fractures a forelimb. With its mobility broken and the snake head unable to defend it, the chimera is left unable to defend itself. You get away from your mount just in time before Yoink's okapi leaps out and slays the chimera.

Elsewhere, the Dairy Queen's forces are unable to shake the okapis. Despite the growing pile of bodies around the Unicorn, the okapi partisans elsewhere are able to regroup Yoink's forces and press the attack.

March onto Genricville.

4+1

Your army has swelled to greater numbers than before, while the patchwork creatures are still dealing with their losses from the previous conflict. It starts out even, but slowly, surely, the exponential spread of your virus turns things into a rout. One by one, the monsters are added into your Network. You lost most of your human and chupacabra villagers in the opening stages of the battle, but the monsters more than make up the difference. Genericville is yours. The only remaining resistance is centered on Florence Memorial library. The monsters there fight so savagely that even your newly expanded force is unable to penetrate the structure.

One more thing. As the monsters become part of your mind, a few of them quickly disassemble themselves and use their unique biology to reassemble certain recently acquired pieces. Your original body is put back together and returned to the Network.

Just be on guard while Gunthar contemplates himself while looking in a mirror.
Pull out my flare gun and shoot at the possible intruders, should they appear.

Someone destroyed most milk, the resulting wars ended up destroying many planets. I hope to use the Infinity Milks to create new planets, new life to fill them, to add to the universe. I wondered if blending your plane to the material one would create new things. When I read your book, I realize I agree with some parts, but not others. I agree that the wars brought Chaos, and will sometimes leads to chaos, but will doesn’t always lead to chaos, sometimes will can lead to order too. Maybe the infinity milks can help with removing chaos without removing will. I guess I’m not completely sure what I want, I know I want my companions to be alive. I want to help people, when the helping doesn’t harm anyone. I also know that sometimes harm is unavoidable. We’re looking for milk now. When we find it, I think it will be shared among us, and I’ll give some to you, if you want it. What are you looking for in this plane?
Follow Gunthar, if needed, hold breath

And slowly, hesitantly, Gunthar lowers himself into the pool's crystal depths.

Joshua watches closely as Gunthar considers the pool and Rana speaks with her host.

"Perhaps you are correct. Will does not always lead to chaos, but the Acceptable will is our will. Other wills are extraneous. Why would you wish to add to the universe? It has been in stasis. It was already perfect.

...What do you mean by "our plane", "what are you looking for?", and "our book?" We have never controlled a plane. We have always been here. We have had no reason to write a book. What have you seen?"

Gunthar makes a decision.

He prepares to enter the pool, but then is interrupted by the sound of footsteps. A trio of squid-headed centaur-crabs enter the chamber and stop upon seeing the party.

"There. These three are the source of the disruption in the eternal stasis of the Void. Perhaps their deaths can mitigate the damage, before things become too Unnacceptable."

With that, the creatures rush forward to attack you. Rana's host, as an accessory to the enemy, is offered no mercy and asks none. However, Joshua's flaregun lights up the cave with a brilliant light and catches one of the creatures in the eye. It stumbles and rolls around on the floor, screeching and attempting to crush out the flame.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2020, 02:45:14 am »

A blue portal mysteriously appears and sends the vermin to the deepest depths of the case, almost as it was like a miracle or a disruption in the space-time continuum caused by a dearie of infinite potential which was recently inserted into an Unlimited hand accessory of sorts. Probably a miracle tho
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:57:19 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2020, 04:44:49 am »

Why not. Head back and save Abraham Lincoln again. If he asks what’s going on, tell him that the evil Thainos is going to destroy the world, and that there’s only so much time. Then, mime being oulled into the TARDIS by an invisible force whilst bagging him for his hat. Then, head to 1916 and save James Connoly from being shot, try to acquire his uniform and see what happens.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2020, 05:51:56 am »

"Why does this place hate me so much, why won't it let me have weapons of mass destruction?"
Get behind some cover and tell the turrets I'm the president, if that doesn't do anything shoot the turrets with my rifle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2020, 06:37:58 am »

SCREAM ROUSING, OKAPI-THEMED WAR CRY AND TACKLE MY OPPONENT BEFORE HE CAN FIRE OFF ANY MORE MAGICKS, JAM THUMBS INTO HIS EYES AND HOPE FOR THE BEST   

AFTER
(HOPEFULLY) INCAPACITATING HIM, GO SNAP OFF GOAT HORNS FROM DEAD CHIMERA, DUAL-WIELD THOSE* AND CHARGE AT UNICORN!   
COME UP WITH ANOTHER WAR CRY AS I GO, I GUESS     

* MAYBE FASHION INTO MAKESHIFT SPEAR/WARHAMMER USING OTHER MONSTER BITS IF I HAVE TIME

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2020, 07:21:16 am »

Look for a terminal, or any machinery that seems to still be functioning. There has to be somewhere where I can get access to all this data that’s stored away.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:37 am »

These Okapi Hybrids are a abomination against nature and thus T'zzz.

Charge my lance with Eldricht Energy and launch it to the sky calling an Eldritch Storm to Remove their existence through Lighting Strikes.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34