Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we have a discord?

Yes
No
Maybe...?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008)  (Read 4799 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008) Starting Locations.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 04:33:39 am »

Starting Locations

Wanda Wonka
1, 6

Wanda is located in the Northern Sector of the Infinite Ikea. She's in, for some reason, in a section of Baby & Children.

Hubcap Willie
2, 2

Meanwhile, Hubcap remains hidden in a Storage & Organization section located in the Eastern Sector. He's hoping that the cameras haven't noticed him enter, so that he may remain inside the Ikea for the night. It's only after a while that the unusual silence makes him move from his hiding spot.

Jeremy Diamonds
3, 9

Jeremy was in the Southern Sector, more specifically, in a Plants & Plant plots sector, trying to choose a plant to give as a gift to one of his college friends, who had succeeded in a difficult exam. It was only when he gathered enough courage to ask one of the employees for advice, that Jeremy realized that he was alone.

Dr. Colm Ó Murchú
3, 4

Jeremy wasn't the only one who was in the Southern Sector. Dr. Colm had also entered a regular Ikea in Ireland, and was currently in a Beds & mattresses sector, as his current matress was being used by his sister, who had to sacrifice her own for a testing with SCP-914. It was only when Colm looked upwards that he noticed the impossible height of the ceiling.

Dr. Unpleasant
4, 3

While all this was happening, someone else noticed something wrong in the Western Section. Dr. Unpleasant was in a Outdoor products section, in all likelihood to buy some last model BBQ, and laugh at those pathetic individuals in his neighborhood who couldn't afford one, when he noticed that he was alone. While Dr. Unpleasant appreciated the fact to not be surrounded by incompetent people, people don't vanish out of thin air.

Robert "Bob" Savater
2, 19

Robert Savater, or Bob, was currently in a Leisure & travel located in the Eastern Sector. He wouldn't usually come to such a place, but his boss had been very clear that he had earned a break for all his work, and that he himself would pay two weeks to wherever Bob wanted to go, so that he would leave the office and earn some deserved rest.

It was only after a while that Robert realized that there was a lack of employees,...or costumers. Where was everyone?

Louie Junk
2, 14

At the same time, someone else got abducted in the Eastern Sector. Louie Junk was simply minding his business in a Cookware & tableware section, as he wanted to gift his wife a tea maker set for her birthday. But Suddenly, he realized how silent was the Ikea. Where was the rest of buyers and employees?

State your actions

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:24:03 am by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 5008)
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2020, 05:12:59 am »

Grab a few mattresses and pile them up at the bottom of the tallest shelving unit I can see. Climb to the top, and try to land in the mattresses if I fall off. When at the top, survey the surrounding area. See what can be seen.

Edit: I will mention that this skip is 3008, rather than 5008.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:44:37 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008)
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2020, 05:51:11 am »

Edit: I will mention that this skip is 3008, rather than 5008.

Oh, God, that's correct. I think I suffered a sever case of Mandela effect.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:53:52 am by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 05:58:19 am »

((I think if you change the original post’s title, all posts after that will be changed.))

Look around, what types of items are around? There are lots of items of various purposes that babies and children need

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 06:27:51 am »

"Where are all the pea brained idiots that work here, I mean how am I supposed to buy this crap if they aren't here!"
Look for some kind of employee area, and also grab a machete if I can find one, as I was going to buy one of those as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 08:30:34 am »

Walk around a bit saying/screaming "Hello", to see if I find anyone.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 11:51:01 am »

Look around and try to figure out what the hell happened.
If there's any around, take a pole-like item. Poles are always useful when you have no idea what's going on. Or at least, they're never unuseful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 01:20:44 pm »

You know, looking at those things makes Louie pretty hungry. So, he shall go off and find some food

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2020, 02:44:53 pm »

"This is nice...  Too nice."

Take a look around and see if there are any shoppers left.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008) Day 1 (1/3)
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2020, 04:04:57 pm »

Dr. Colm Ó Murchú
Taking immediate initiative, Colm gathers a few matresses, and proceeds to climb the nearest shelving, so that he have an idea of his surroundings.

Quote from: Rolls
Climbing: 7, Landing: 16+2 (matresses)

Colm climbs practically like a monkey, wasting no time. Sadly, while he's halfway the climb, his supporting hand loses grip, and Colm begins to fall. Thankfully, he expected such a thing to happen, and he falls into the matresses harmlessly. They are so soft, that Colm is able to relax about the fall he just suffered.

Wanda Wonka
Meanwhile, Wanda wastes no time, and proceeds to observe her close surroundings.

7 different types of products

She finds textiles for children and babys, small matresses, lightbulbs for children, crayons, toys, furniture for children,  and cutlery and dishes.

Dr. Unpleasant
Dr. Unpleasant proceeds to leave, but not before searching for a machete. As he is in a Outdoor products sections, he finds no machete. Instead, he finds a set of (7) skewers.
Quote from: Take the Skewers?
[]Yes
[]No

Finding Employees:2, New Section: 8

Dr. Unpleasant spends a lot of his valuable time searching for employees, who are failing to do their underpaid job. Instead, he winds up in a Home Electronics Section.

Robert "Bob" Savater
One mustn't lose head in unknown situations. If Robert where to be that kind of man, he would have rejected his girlfriend's proposal to have dinner with her parents, and would have missed an incredibly enjoyable night. So he proceeds to call out anyone who might be nearby.

Shouting:9 Finding anyone:17

Nobody answer Robert's screams, so he proceeds to walk around in this seemingly lifeless store. Turns out that it's not so lifeless, as he eventually sees a young couple in the closest intersection. The woman seems to be having a panic attack, while the man is doing the best he can to remain calm, while comforting her.

Jeremy Diamonds
Jeremy decides that this is a really weird situation. It's as if everyone suddenly dissapeared and then the interior grew to unknown sizes. Anyway, this mystery won't be solved right now, so Jeremy decides to get a pole.

Finding a Pole: 2 Crafting a Pole: 17

Against all belief, it seems that Ikea doesn't sell bamboo canes, or sticks in the Plant section. Eventually, Jeremy decides to start breaking the plastic plants and fusing the everything through knotting the harder plastics. The end result is a Pole composed of different pieces of plastic. It won't sustain a lot of heavy hits, but it's something.

Gained Plastic Pole: +1 to Attack Rolls (0/3)

Louie Jonk
Louie's stomach begins to complain, and Louie can't blame it. All this looking at tea is making him hungry, so he decides to search for food.

Encountering a Restaurant: 20 Hearing: 15+3(Sharp Hearing)

It takes turning a corner, and Louie can't believe his luck, there's a restaurant right here! Upon checking the food, which are meatballs, bread, some salad,... They are all warm, as if they had just been finished. Louie eats to his heart content, until he no longer feels hungry.

Suddenly, his ears identify something that's akin to a yell. Not one of panic or fear, but simply as if someone were checking for other people.

Hubcap Willie
Hubcap can still wrap his head around what's happening. Usually, big commercial stores like this are only this silent during the night. Maybe it's one of these "pranks" that seem so popular nowadays? Still, that doesn't explain much.

Encountering Anyone: 2

Hubcap walks for several hours, more and more confused. The ceiling seems to be miles above him, so high that Hubcap can't help but think that there should be some sort of climate up there. The rest of the store seems to expand into infinity, except the wall that's located to his right.

Eventually, Hubcap reaches the conclusion that either no one is nearby his location, or that he is alone in this strange Ikea.

State your actions

(btw, you can check your bonuses, debuffs and Inventory in the front page)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:59:56 am by Kakaluncha »

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 04:17:40 pm »

Continue trying to get up there until I’ve reached the top for long enough to get the best survey I can of the surroundings
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 04:19:29 pm »

Take the cutlery and textiles, attempt to knit different textiles together into a large sheet and cut small holes in it to create a net made of textiles

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 04:27:38 pm »

"Am I dead?  If this hell is anything like the streets, I will need something to defend myself with."

Try to go to a different section and find a suitable weapon.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 04:52:01 pm »

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Approach the couple and try to engage in conversation with them, it's doubtful they have an idea about what is going on but there is no point in ignoring they either.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2020, 05:28:28 pm »

I just noticed that Louie Honk has no Sanity rating
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4