Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we have a discord?

Yes
No
Maybe...?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008)  (Read 4895 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008)
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2020, 08:35:20 pm »

Time to go exploring. If I'm not sure about something, poke it with the pole.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2020, 10:31:25 pm »

Louie Honk
It's Louie Jonk, wait then why is my character name Louie Junk in the turn posts?
Gather some of the food then walk towards the direction of the yell

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2020, 03:52:05 am »

"How big is this damn store?"
Search the electronics area there should be a employee help desk around here somewhere, when I find it search if for a phone and try to call out, also search my pockets and see if I still have my wallet, cell phone, and expensive watch, also take the skewers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008) Day 1 (2/3)
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 07:28:09 am »

Dr. Colm Ó Murchú

Dr. Colm is many things, and thankfully, persistent is one of them. He decides to try again this dangerous yet important task, and begins to climb the shelving once more.

Quote from: Rolls
Climbing: 15 Perception: 10

The climb is risky, and too many times it seems like Colm will slip up and break his neck. Thankfully, Colm manages to remain calm even though he's imploring internally to not fall.

His prayers are answered, as he manages to reach the top and collapse there. He is fairly exhausted, so the only conclusion he reaches upon observing the view is that the only things that he is sure that exist are the massive wall behind him and the ceiling. There's also a massive structure composed of Ikea products and shelves, with the clear objective of attempting to reach the ceiling.

Wanda Wonka
Wanda wastes no time. The best thing to have in an unknown environment are traps! And everybody knows that the children section of Ikea is ideal to create beautiful traps!

Creating a net:4 Understanding what went wrong: 20

Wanda spends the next few hours trying to create a net with the textiles and the cutlery, but when she ends and tests it's durability...It instantly breaks down. The girl a recalls all her steps and reaches the conclusion that cutlery for children might not be exactly sharp, so she must have damaged the textiles she used too much.

Hubcap Willie
Years on the street have shown Hubcap that new locations means experienced people who don't like newcomers. A storage section is great for hiding, but doesn't serve much as defense. Hubcap decides to go somewhere else.

New Section: 14, (tails) Not the same location were Louie was

After walking for a while, Hubcap reaches a Cookware & tableware section. This has many useful objects.

Spoiler: Available Weapons (click to show/hide)
((You can pick up to two weapons))

There are many other things that aren't weapons around here.
Quote from: Does Hubcap check those as well?
[]Yes
[]No

"Bob"
The couple might likely not know much, but this might be a chance to interact with others, and band together in this bizarre situation. Robert approaches the young couple.

Talking with the couple: 20

Robert approaches the couple in a kind and calm voice. He introduces himself and explains that he seems to be trapped here as well, and believes that they should at least work together to find a way out.

The couple breath in relief, as they though they were the only ones around here. Their names are Sam and Hellen, and they agree to work with Robert, since he carries that confidence only a business man can have.

+2 Companions: Sam and Hellen

Jeremy Diamonds
Jeremy wonders what else can be found in such a massive place. Maybe there are others? Also, all Ikea's have employees, so maybe those can show the exit.

Finding anything: 17 —> 2 —> 12

After walking for a while, Jeremy hears distressed sobs. Curious about the source, he approaches the place where they are coming from, only to find a small girl crying for her parents. She seems to be in her tweens, around twelve, and looks as lost as Jeremy himself.

Louie Jonk
One must keep the head clear and the stomach full. There was someone shouting, so they might be in the same situation that Louie currently is. That means that they should unite forces! But first, and most importantly, take some food.

Gathering Food: 13 Finding the source of the yell: 6 —> 11

Sadly, there isn't much to carry the food, aside from a small caper to store the food, putting there some bread, meatballs, and some salad inside. Then he walks in the direction he heard the yell.

After walking for a while, something crosses the interesction Louie himself is. It's a humanoid creature, white skinned, with hands and feet, and the uniform of an Ikea employee. But the differences end there.

For starters, it has no face. It's like that internet scary story named Slandermen. The body of this bizzare employee is absolutely disproportionate, with one arm thrice as thick as the other, with short legs. It makes no indication of noticing Louie, as it walks past him

Gained Caper with Food

Dr. Unpleasant
Unpleasant grabs the skewers. One can't never have enough spikes! Anyway, Dr. Unpleasant decides to find a employee desk, which should be more useful than the actual employees.

Finding the Help Desk: 20 Calling out: 12

It doesn't take long for Dr. Unpleasant to find the desk, which is, as expected, empty. He proceeds to check the interior and finds a phone inside. He decides to call out for answers.

What comes next is...A wave of static, and random voices, as if the phone were to be a radio constantly changing the channel. It's bizarre.

And upon checking his pockets, yep, he had all his precious belongings. That's a relief. Upon checking his watch, he realizes that it won't be long until night time arrives.

Gained Skewers: +1 attack

State your actions
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:54:54 am by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2020, 07:59:23 am »

Try to find somewhere with food and/or sharp objects

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2020, 08:37:11 am »

"Piece of crap phone can't even call out on it, these idiots must have wired it wrong."
Try to call out on my cell phone, then use one of the employee computers to try to access the security cameras, and look around the help desk and see how hard it would be to fortify it if I'm truly stuck in this terrible store.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2020, 08:47:20 am »

"Wha- um. Hey? Hey, do you need help?"
Offer to help the girl find her parents, and try to find some place where we're likely to be able to do that.
If I see a stuffed animal or something on the way, give it to her. That should help, right?

EDIT: By the way, do you guys want a channel on Discord? I've got a forum games Discord and I could set aside a section for this.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:52:33 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2020, 12:14:27 pm »

Keep walking towards that yell. Find some water along the way.
Sure to the discord channel thing

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2020, 01:15:55 pm »

Climbing the shelving unit to see around seems unsafe, so let's go back to Leisure and Travels to pick up backpacks and a compass or anything that seems useful. Does Ikea even sells compass?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2020, 02:05:06 pm »

Take a knife and a pan and check what other items are present.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2020, 05:19:09 pm »

Get down once I’m certain I can’t see anything. Look at the signs, and figure out which direction’s which.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Ikea (Or How to Survive SCP 3008) Day 1 (3/3)
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2020, 04:24:48 pm »

Wanda Wonka
Wanda decides to not give up. There must be something else sharp, and resistant at the same time right?

Finding anything sharp:2 Crafting something sharp: 5

Wanda searched the entirety of this children's section. She spends hours walking, exasperated more and more as time passes. Eventually, she sits down at a matress, slightly angry. Of course, there aren't any sharp objects in a children's section! Even worse, she can't figure out how to craft anything sharp!

Dr. Unpleasant
After spending several minutes cursing the ineptitude of modern day workers (I mean, seriously, how can you work in an infinite Ikea and not have a working phone?), Unpleasant decides to take matters into his own hands.

Calling out: 16 Using the Computer: 14 Defensive Desk: 15

Once again, calling out with his phone is ineffective. One a brighter light, the static doesn't seem so aggressively random this time.

Dr. Unpleasant attempts to use the computer are met with frustration, as he is unable to even open it. Either this is a "Made in China" Ikea, or they are this incompetent. Unpleasant can but chuckle just imagining all the complains he can throw at a manager.

Anyway, Dr. Unpleasant only fortification attempt would be... Puting a table at the desk entrance and hiding under a desk. There's...not much that can come to mind. Though Unpleasant adds that to the complain list "Not enough fortifiable desks".

Jeremy Diamonds
The girl looks at you and (secret language rolls) proceeds to speak in Italian. She doesn't seem to understand English very well.

Accepting the offer: 14 Finding the likeliest place the parents can be: 7 Stuffed Animal: 15

The girl seems very reluctant to follow a stranger who doesn't even understand her, but it seems like she prefers that to be alone in this empty hallways, so she follows Jeremy.

Sadly, the language barrier doesn't help understanding each, so Jeremy and the girl are unable to find her parents. Instead, they pass by a Baby & Children section, where Jeremy finds a small teddy bear, which he gifts to the girl. She hugs the toy as if trying to comfort herself, and manages to slightly calm down.

Louie Jonk
While admitting to himself that the encounter with the creature was weird, Louie doesn't stop and keeps walking towards where he last heard the voice.

Finding Water: 13 Locating the voice: 13 Hearing Roll: 11+3 (Sharp hearing)

While advancing towards the direction he heard the yell, Louie passes by another restaurant. Sadly, upon checking it, he finds no water or food. As if someone had just...Stolen it. Maybe there really are other people around here. Anyway,as he's unable to find water, Louie decides to leave this mystery for later thought.

Eventually, Louie reaches the location where he's sure he heard the voice. But no one's here. What if they left while he was eating? Oh, his mother was right after all, eating that much would only cause him...

Suddenly, the wind brings words to Louie's ears. He hears people! They are fairly nearby, and if his hearing is correct, they must be in that Leisure & travel section! Louie hears at least more than one person speaking. He had found them!

Robert "Bob" Savater
He informs the couple that they should collect anything of value in this section. Both Sam and Hellen agree, and proceed to follow Robert's instructions.

Quote from: Gains
(7) backpacks, (12) shoe ribbons (+1 each to Invention Rolls), (1) game, (2) books about interior design (+2 to Interior Design Rolls), (1) Notebook

The trio take as much as they can... And dear God, do they take things. Robert personally decides what will be taken and what not. It takes them several hours, but eventually, they have seven backpacks that will contain all resources they find.

+Gained 7 backpacks, 12 shoe ribbons (+1 each to Invention Rolls), 2 books about interior design (+2 to Interior Design Rolls), 1 Notebook.

Hubcap Willie
Wasting no time, Hubcap grabs the pan and a Knife, which seem the most effective weapons. After grabbing these two kitchen objects. Hubcap decides to check the rest of the section.

Quote from: Roll
Products: 1

He finds cups, aprons, gloves, bowls,... Yet, before he can get a glimpse, the lights close, leaving Hubcap in total darkness.

Gained Kitchen Knife and Pan (+2 each to Attack Rolls)

Dr. Colm Ó Murchú
Colm decides to make one last check on the store, just to make sure nothing is escaping his view.

Seeing anything new: 9 Getting down: 12+2 matresses Discovering current location: 5

A second view of the land doesn't reveal much aside from the fact that the Ikea is indeed, seemingly infinite, and that the only sure things are the wall behind him and the ceiling.

Anyway, upon looking down, Colm decides to risk it all, and jumps down. Gravity instantly pulls him down, and for a moment, Colm fears that he might have committed a mistake. Thankfully, the matresses are still down there, and Colm lands with a loud impact, though he doesn't feel pain.

The doctor gets off the matresses, but before he can do anything....

KAAPOM!!

Darkness surrounds all survivors, as nighttime has arrived. The employees, monstrous beings that roam the Ikea, will become agressive and seek to kill any human they find.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:18:42 am by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2020, 04:59:37 pm »

"Well, I guess it's time to get some shut eye.  It's nice to be out of the cold and the wind, at least."

Lay down and try to get some sleep.

If attacked: run away, but use the knife to defend myself if I become cornered.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2020, 05:33:47 pm »

Continue walking/running towards those voices.
If attacked: RUN AWAY!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2020, 05:42:09 pm »

Keep moving. Preferably in the direction of the tower. It could be weeks away, it could be less than a day away, who knows. If something attacks, run, hide, and keep moving if they don’t kill me.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4