Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boss Fight Dungeon - ACT 0 - Quirk of Fate (OOC Thread)  (Read 633 times)

HenryPlays

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Founder of the Boss Fight Dungeons
    • View Profile
Boss Fight Dungeon - ACT 0 - Quirk of Fate (OOC Thread)
« on: July 05, 2020, 02:41:44 am »

"Warriors fight to change. What will change, and when will change be noticed?"

---#--------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Boss Fight Dungeon - ACT 0 - Quirk of Fate!
It's a strategy RPG game partly inspired by the playstyle of Fire Emblem.

Create characters, and fight a number of 10 strong bosses
in order to assist the King of Alzernight retrieve the Quirk of Fate
from the Dungeon of Hate.

--------------------------------------------------------------#---

General Rules:
1. Follow the Forum Guidelines. This is especially important!

2. Ask me if you have questions about the game, or anything else around it.

Gameplay Rules:
0. Create your character first (only one per user), and their Combat Data. A template & Combat Data Guide is given below:
Spoiler: Template (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat Data Guide (click to show/hide)

1. Characters will be fighting bosses in a 20x20 grid that looks like this:
The upper left side is the Ground Layer. The upper right side is the Flying Layer.
The lower left side is the characters in party's status. The lower right side is for tile information.

2. Things about Range:
Spoiler: How Range works (click to show/hide)

3. Things about Attack Types and Elements:

4. Instant Kill / OHK Skills are allowed, but they must be balanced first.

5. A maximum amount of 5 characters are allowed in a party. The rest will be in backup, where they can replace characters currently in the party if allowed. You can introduce your character as a Challenger, a character who is on neither side.

6. Players go first, Challengers go second, Enemies go last. Characters' Turn order is determined by post order, unless specified. There will be a maximum 4-days long time for characters to plan their actions, and when all players are ready / time is up, an update will be made.

7. A character can move maximum 3 tiles. They can move horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Then, they can use one Basic Action, or Active Skill, or their Ultimate Skill.

8. HP is health. MP is required to play Active Skills, and regen at 1MP per new turn. Cooldown starts counting down after the turn you used a skill.

9. If you won't be in the forums for a while, notify people by posting in the OOC thread. During the time you're AFK, a character from backup will take your current place.

10. Getting your character KO'd means you won't be able to use your character, unless they're replaced by a backup character or is revived. Unless your character is a Challenger, then you'll be reduced to 1HP instead from a fatal attack (only once).

11. Ailments can be applied, and they are passive. Below is the list of all common ailments, categorized into Temporary and Permanent, then Minor and Major (except for Permanent), available for use. (You can make your own Ailments)
Spoiler: Ailment List (click to show/hide)

12. The game plays in 3 Divisions (think of them as chapters), with the first two including 4 boss fights and the last one covering two. There will be a long time of rest between Divisions, to rebalance bosses and character skills.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Out of Character thread.
Submit your characters here, and I will try to balance them, then add them into the party / backup.

The In Character thread will be made as soon as 4 more characters join, and the game will begin three days after. Enjoy your stay!
Currently in progress...

HenryPlays

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Character
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 02:49:06 am »

Here's an example character that will always be in the party:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:55:32 am by HenryPlays »
Currently in progress...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boss Fight Dungeon - ACT 0 - Quirk of Fate (OOC Thread)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 08:42:41 pm »

I’d like to join, but I have a question, and probably more as I think of them. The first question is what races are allowed? Edit: Second question is, can one create a race?(idea would be sent by PM to you and discussed with you for balancing, assuming penalties/bonuses are a thing unless it’s just description, at which case a description would be provided) This leads to a third question, do races get bonuses/penalties based on which race they are, like in DND?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:53:07 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

HenryPlays

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Boss Fight Dungeon - ACT 0 - Quirk of Fate (OOC Thread)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 09:25:17 pm »

I’d like to join, but I have a question, and probably more as I think of them. The first question is what races are allowed? Edit: Second question is, can one create a race?(idea would be sent by PM to you and discussed with you for balancing, assuming penalties/bonuses are a thing unless it’s just description, at which case a description would be provided) This leads to a third question, do races get bonuses/penalties based on which race they are, like in DND?

1. All races are allowed.
2. Yes.
3. It can be in the form of Passives.
Currently in progress...