Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Neon Nightmare [Combat Test]  (Read 3702 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Neon Nightmare [Combat Test]
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 11:02:18 pm »

cleaver

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 02:20:44 am »

Hatchet
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 06:08:10 am »

Ok

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 03:02:09 am »

Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cool Side-View (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 05:32:46 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 03:36:26 am »

narration phase

[russian accent]"oh please, this is all I get? disappointing. let's show them who's boss, Mister Bonk."
ER closes the distance to the first goon in two steps and immediately smashes him in the side of the head with "Mister Bonk", his metal bat. If that fails, of course, He hits the goon again. And if that fails, he hits the goon a third time, but harder.
That done and without missing a beat he pulls a pool cue out from his sleeve and smashes it over the office employee's head, splintering the wooden rod. Almost. He hits the employee again, this time with just enough force to snap the pool cue in half. Having created a serviceable stake, he rushes down the chainsaw-wielding goon and jams the cue through the man's eye.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 04:56:31 am »

I shall first sprint towards the dog and attack using my cleaver. (swing 1d6)  Then, run back and attack the big goon once. (Swing 1d8) Then, I shall kill causal 1 with (swing 1d6). Wait, is the l thing in the attack sequence showing that it is separate from the other attack sequence?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:48:54 am by The Canadian kitten »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 05:29:15 am »

narration phase

[russian accent]"oh please, this is all I get? disappointing. let's show them who's boss, Mister Bonk."
ER closes the distance to the first goon in two steps and immediately smashes him in the side of the head with "Mister Bonk", his metal bat. If that fails, of course, He hits the goon again. And if that fails, he hits the goon a third time, but harder.
That done and without missing a beat he pulls a pool cue out from his sleeve and smashes it over the office employee's head, splintering the wooden rod. Almost. He hits the employee again, this time with just enough force to snap the pool cue in half. Having created a serviceable stake, he rushes down the chainsaw-wielding goon and jams the cue through the man's eye.
That song has good vibes.
By the way, you don't have to provide those if statements in the future - just describe the attacks you do, and you'll skip the rest of those attacks automatically once they die.

I shall first sprint towards the dog and attack then run back and attack the big goon twice. Then, I shall kill causal 1 and attack number 2 and then throw it at number 2's face.
Tell me what sequences you're using, and/or the attack types, please.

I forgot to write the Tempo that each enemy has, so I'll add that right now. Give it a look in case it changes your action.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 05:32:57 am »

The If statement is because the last hit of the metal bat only happens if the first two miss.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 05:34:49 am »

You don't even have to mention that one - I'll add it in if the other two fail.
Money!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 05:42:35 am »

Yes, but you called this phase narrative phase, so I'm going to describe things as flavorful as possible rather than listing out attacks and their targets.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 07:08:26 am »

I quickly run and jump up onto the laundry machines, run along them until I'm next to the goon, and jump onto him and chop at his head with the hatchet, then when he goes down I throw the hatchet at the dog, grab the dead goon's shovel and run round the corner with it and stab the Berserker with it.

(What program did you use to make the laundromat?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 04:33:42 pm »

(What program did you use to make the laundromat?)

I didn't make it, I just found it by looking up "laundromat layout". I think it's made in SketchUp, though.
Money!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 10:28:21 pm »

"Yeeehahahaha!  Excitement!  Danger!  STRIFE!  Die."

Charge into goon 1 in a frenzy, punching his throat and crushing his windpipe (thrust 1d4).  Then rush past him and leap over the counter, and dive into the spastic, repeating the same attack before bashing his head repeatedly, laughing maniacally the whole while (thrust 1d4, swing 1d6+1).

Then snap the pushbroom, and throw it at the berserker--or if it can't be thrown, snap it and charge him, impaling him to the shelving behind him.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2020, 10:49:56 pm »

I've put this off for long enough. I'll just assumed Kitten uses the Cleaver's 1st and 2nd sequences.

Spoiler: The Canadian Kitten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

That'll be it for this fight, I think. There were some hidden enemies (each person but Kitten had one), but I don't think its worth it to continue this fight even so. I have a fairly big workload right now, but I'll try to set up a new match soon.

In the meantime, give me some input, if you have any. I'd be happy to change the second fight to fit your ideas - it's a playtest, after all.
Money!
Pages: 1 [2] 3