Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dungeon Race 3 Core Thread  (Read 1192 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeon Race 3 Core Thread
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:22:54 am »

Long ago the world of Relt was inhabited by a race of ingenious dwarves. At some point in the distant past, the entirety of dwarven civilization was destroyed in a terrible cataclysm. Little was left of their once power nation and the magics they possessed. In time, an unknown amount of time later, humans arrived on the world of Relt.

Last year, 512 years after humans first spread across the world, a terrible earthquake shook the land and mountains sprung forth across the world, propelled upwards by forces unknown. Within them, powerful artifacts of magic and mechanism were discovered and the world entered a new age. 

In this brave new world, many nations came to acquire these relics and very quickly the balance of power began to shift. Some nations saw a business opportunity, and turned to trade. Some nations became stalwart allies, brought together by these insecure times.Yet it was two nations who stood apart from the rest. They began a war, premised on ancient and uncompromising hate, the details of which are long forgotten, but still felt to this day.

You are a member of your nation's magic and technology research division, set with the task of providing your nation with new weapons and magic to help them gain control of the massive dungeon beneath Relt. Yet your responsibility does not end there. The war effort is expensive beyond belief, and due to a clerical error, your team is entirely responsible for the economy of your nation. Not only must you win this war, you must find a way to fund it.

The Nations:

Aernor is the southernmost nation of Relt. It is a hot dry nation mostly composed of endless grasslands, deserts, and rocky badlands. There is plenty of arable land, a decent amount of natural resources, but few forests. The Aer army is large, but is poorly trained and managed. It's mostly made up of roving bands of nomads who are more used to hunting than actual combat. Its national animal is the dragalo. Glory to Aernor!

Nork is the northernmost nation on the world of Relt. It is a cold wet nation mostly composed of forests, tundra, and swamps. There are plenty of trees, a decent amount of natural resources, but little arable land. The Norkian army is small, but it is highly trained and well managed. A few decades ago there was a small civil war in Nork when the nation of Vuncio tried to claim independent sovereignty. Nork was victorious, and while the tensions have (mostly) resided, the army has retained a strict training regiment. Its national animal is the brog. Victory for Nork!

Foreign Nations
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How to play

Winning:
Each turn, the victorious side has a chance to cause the other side to retreat. This will allow you start your forces further along in the next dungeon by claiming the various Teleportation Gates throughout the dungeon. Each turn the dungeon itself changes. When one team gains full control of the dungeon, they will be able to launch an assault on the enemy territory. If they succeed there, they may assault the enemy capital. Succeeding there, they win the game.

Starting Technologies
Each country starts with one boss monster and one set of minions. Each player gets one vote for each of these. Note: Both summoning circles can summon anything you design, this is just what they were set to when you found them (and thus what you start with).

Summoning Circles

Boss Monsters

Important Note: Much of the discussion will happen on the discord sever. The speed and level of communication which discord provide far exceeds Bay12.  As of now, I intend to have the two teams do the phases there, and have the combat results posted here in this thread. The discord server can be found here: https://discord.gg/4k8Y6gf
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:22:56 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Race 3 Core Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 11:24:30 am »

Reserved for updates and links and whatnot.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 03:05:36 pm »

put me in team Nork
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 03:14:52 pm »

I shall join the ranks of the Aernor. Well, we don't have ranks yet, but that can be fixed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 03:20:38 pm »

I shall join the ranks of the Aernor. Well, we don't have ranks yet, but that can be fixed.

Solved. For Aernor!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 04:01:08 pm »

Nork obvs

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 04:04:54 pm »

I believe that I will be reprising my role as a Borean Norkish engineer.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 04:11:10 pm »

Borean. Oh, wait, no, now it's Nork.

Dangit, Borean was a better name. Much better.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 04:11:49 pm »

Agreed :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 04:13:25 pm »

Agreed :p

Borea might have been a suspiciously serial-number-less "Boreal" or "Boreas" or however you want to say "North" in Greek and Nearly Greek, but it was definitely better than the lost triplet brother of the orks' deities.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 02:23:10 pm »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 02:28:52 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 02:39:45 pm »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 11:10:37 pm »

I am a farmer!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 02:49:40 pm »

Turn 1 Design Phase is still underway. Bumping to see if there's more people interested in joining.
Pages: [1] 2