Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Dominions 5 LA Abysia - The Last Sunset  (Read 12985 times)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dominions 5 LA Abysia - The Last Sunset
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 08:51:32 pm »

Turn 13. Late Spring in the year 1.

I've arrived in Cottoqar. Traveling with such haste I fear I didn't record as much the previous month as I should have, in spite of the regular messages being passed to me along my way. I've decide to begin construction of the temple first, to better honor Sigil and spread It's word.

Palisades have been completed in Witch Haven this month and between the military and slayer operatives a few more provinces now fly our banner.  Borders have been settled with Selwyn of Man and he has also provided us with information regarding the blessing of Kyle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Speedo is doing some cleanup work in the south before making his way back to Abysia and Cin is on our western border trying to snatch up land before the Agarthan's do.  Sheddan is also leading some warbreds south to help close that border up. The general plan is to grab as much territory as they can then all 3 units to converge on the Copper Canyons to claim them.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 09:05:00 pm »

Turn 15. Early Summer in the year 1.

Not much to record this season. The temple to Sigil is now up and running here! I'm beginning to draw up plans for a lab now and Wather reports that the palisades should be completed around the same time.

Sheddan and Speedo are beginning their march back home, with a brief stop planned in Deep Wagor along the way.

High General Cin successfully conquered Cliffport, bringing in some farmland that will undoubtedly help with our income and population growth.  There was debate on making an attempt at the nearby throne in Giant's Spine as well but he instead is returning to Abysia and letting the slayer cult have it's attempt on this throne.

Current overview of the Abysian nation:

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 04:51:54 pm »

Turns 16 & 17. Summer in the year 1.

The only true things of note to happen this season were the completion of Palisades in Cottoqar and a Fortress in Witch Haven. I've completed my tasks in Cottoqar as well and am to return to Abysia. Thankfully other plans have been made for the infrastructure in the south and I will not be required to begin that 4 month long journey.

The people living in Black Peaks have been found to produce decent crossbowmen and efforts have begun to pursue continuous recruitment.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 07:14:18 am »

I bet you're looking forward to getting back to the warmth of the capital.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 05:03:11 pm »

Thankfully Sigil takes care of keeping things warm within Its dominion but I do miss the comforts of home!

Turn 18 & 19. Early Fall in the year 1.

This season our research teams discovered the process of making Sanguine Dowsing Rods at Construction 4.  Setting up of a lab in Ba'an Dagor is expected to be completed by Ba'al Kar by the beginning of winter and more sanguine acolytes will be trained there to bring in blood slaves to our nation.

High General Cin took overall command of the largest force of Warbred we've yet fielded to conquer the Copper Canyons alongside Commander Wather and succeeded with amazing success, only losing a few of our warbred. He immediately began the ritual to claim the Throne of Fire for Sigil. Fitting that this throne was found on the very border of Abysia itself.

One of the ancient Demonbred Slayers, the oldest one in existence announced himself to our cause on the Autumn Equinox. He will be remaining in Abysia on patrol until such time as his special talents may be called for.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 08:46:49 pm »

Turns 20 & 21. Late Fall in the year 1.

My research teams made a several key breakthroughs in Blood magic.

Infernal Breeding may be particularly useful for building up patrol forces for our borders and blood hunting regions.

High General Cin claimed the Throne of Fire for Sigil, but Hrugner the Vanjarl claimed the Throne of the First Age for Kyle, and Beorthelm the Lord Warden claimed the Throne of the Second Age for Selwyn within the same time frame.  A Moonvine Bracelet and a Skull Mentor were found in a raided wizards lab in the last weeks of Fall.

In the first days of Winter Ba'an Rachis offered his services to Sigil. As the leader of the murder cult of slayers his services will be invaluable.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 02:38:30 pm »

Check out the Smoulderghost!  You get 5 when you Summon Abysian Ancestors, and your new Murder Cult commander can both summon and lead them!

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 10:15:34 pm »

I completely forgot about those, thanks! I'll have to check in on my death gem income - I don't think I've hit any death sites yet but there is a D2 searcher with the search party.

Turn 22. Winter in the year 1.

Not much to report on this time of the year. The council was amused at reports of Midgard losing a province to what seemed to be nothing more than a pack of wild animals though!

The council is also becoming more concerned with our lack of expansion opportunities. We have little information on Agartha but they seem to hold a small footprint of land, Midgard is well scouted and contains currently 3 fortresses, and Man only appears to have 2, making them a tempting target. However we also believe that they may have a large force of crossbowmen and warbreds don't carry shields.

Chuzrael the demonbred assassin himself was pulled off patrol duty and is currently scouting out man's lands and the military is moving more forces towards that border. If it does scout as being as weak as we suspect then there may be strong support for a fast action against them.  The other school of thought is supporting an attack on Midgard. They have the largest amount of land in the world and a total of 5 thrones in their domain (compared to man's 1 or 2).  If some of those thrones are of the more powerful variety that could be enough to grant Sigil ascension on it's on.

Current orders are to continue building up the various armies and Wather will be leading a force to capture the throne in Giant's Spine. An agarthan army is also nearby so this seems to be a race.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2020, 08:14:50 pm »

Maybe your guardians plus indy heavy infantry could be a good anti-Man lead force, with Warbred swarming in after them.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 11:41:43 pm »

I'm thinking so as well. The Warbred shouold be devastating if they avoid crossbows.  I didn't mention it in the report but I did queue up 20ish shield heavy infantry this last turn. Thinking a front line of those with two sets of warbred behind on the flanks may be decent.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2020, 01:42:34 pm »

Turns 23 & 24. Late Winter in the year 1.

The first news these months was Selwyn himself claiming the Throne of Ice.  This is the first confirmation that Selwyn is free and walking the world.

In the beginning of Spring our researchers made further breakthroughs in Blood Magic.

More bad news was Wather's defeat in his attempt to capture the throne in Giant's Spine. The enemy heavy cavalry defeated most of the warbred whilst a horde of summoned skeletons held off the remaining ones. Wather escaped with half a dozen troops back to Cliffport. With Agartha still having an army in the area it is likely that we will not be gaining control of this throne.

As spring comes into full it's been decided by the council. Abysia is going to march against Man. Sheddan will strike for their capital with his force while High General Cin takes a larger force along with a couple of blood mages to hit their southern border.  Speedo and Wather will continue collecting forces and be ready to act as a second wave or defense.  The plan is to attack them at the beginning of Summer.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2020, 10:53:51 am »

Turn 25. Spring in the year 2.

News came through the priesthood this month that Third Stone has claimed the Crystal Throne. Our failures to capture it left it nearly defenseless when the Agarthans arrived.

The first of our mass Infernal Breeding rituals completed. The end result is just under 40 Hellspawn, have of which wield whips of pure flame and the other half strike with venomous claws and barbed tails.

Ba'al Chozron the Anathemant Warlock offered his services. He's been the master of demonbreds for some time and is both an accomplished warlock and an anathemant.

A communique was sent to Selwyn from the high council declaring war against him and his people.  The council decided that to maintain future relationships if the worst should happen that Man should be given notice before any attacks. Our intent is to strike with the turning of the season.  We are negotiating with a group of mercenaries known as the Ship Wreckers. If they accept and join us in Jerib they will be put to use in the sea. Some research has been moved to basic conjuration now as well to give our non-blood mages some combat support and initial talks with Midgard for water breathing items is underway.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2020, 07:47:11 am »

Turn 26. Late Spring in the year 2.

Conjuration research had results from our researchers.  Our non-blood mages can use the elementals in battle and with our limited death gem income some of the anathemant's can summon our revered dead back to fight once more.

Attack orders against Man have begun.

The Shipwrecker mercenaries and Sheddan's troops will be hitting Man on his northern and southernmost reachable provinces this upcoming month.  The High General and Wather are advancing directly to the west to given targets next month.  Chuzrael the demonbred assassin reports no defenses at all in Bhamot and has been given instructions to attack it.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 12:21:56 pm »

Turn 27. Early Summer in the year 2.

Abysia is now at war with both Man and Agartha. Without even waiting for our first aggression against Man, Third Stone invaded Cliffport with an army of significant size.

The Might Pillars and Good Water were taken without resistance as well as Bhamot, location of the Throne of Ice.  Bhamot is too far to defend at any rate and Chuzreal has been ordered to proceed to the Agarthan capital to possible wreck havoc among their researchers.

Sheddan is taking his troops west towards Selwyn's capital.  High General Cin is moving into Northria to reinforce Wather and the fortress there while Speedo is still moving his troops towards the front lines. In the water our mercenaries are severely outnumbered by Man's aquatic forces but they are to cause as much damage as possible.

The council also mobilized one force on our southern border to advance on Agartha. This force is mostly made up of crossbowmen with a few infantry throne in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3