Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Character Creation Equipment in 47.xx  (Read 3057 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Character Creation Equipment in 47.xx
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:29:03 am »

Some weird equipment buy/sell I noticed during character generation.

Aside from whether you choose peasant/hero/demigod, are from a civ or are an outsider, baseline (E)quipment/(P)et points are determined by (highest defining) weapon skill and shield user (only need novice).

E/P points gained from "reselling" weapon/buckler are determined by the material type: either copper/lowest equivalent metal for those starting in a dwarf-civ/human-civ/outsider; or in the case of anyone starting in an elf-civ, wood.

For the highest E/P total, when on the Skill screen, anyone not-elf-civ can choose Axeman/Pikeman (both same resell value), and anyone elf-civ, Spearman—irrespective of whether you actually want to have those skills.

Then you next page until the Equipment Screen which auto-generates your starting equipment, before scrolling back to the Skill Screen to clear your skill choices and re-select the skills you do want.

Outsiders of any race will also have a large dagger (20 E/P) to resell, while human-civ will have some type of 10 E/P knife to resell.

Yeah, this is min/max-y. Well worth it, especially if you play as outsider who cannot resell clothing. Big difference in peasant outisder's highest E/P total at 171 points, because of copper battle axe/pike resell.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Character Creation Equipment in 47.xx
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 03:34:02 pm »

Wait, how do you sell equipment during char gen? I couldn't find an option for it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 03:49:22 pm »

Wait, how do you sell equipment during char gen? I couldn't find an option for it.
Use the minus (-) key to remove the item:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BTW, the above character is an outsider, so hence the metal options.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:51:51 pm by peasant cretin »

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 01:24:09 am »

Outsiders of any race will also have a large dagger (20 E/P) to resell, while human-civ will have some type of 10 E/P knife to resell.
Do not sell the large dagger to any Dwarf in your starting settlement, or every single return will cause crash to desktop!

I just  go for skills and stats too. Peasant needs it all. lol
Anything else can be looted from dead corpses or made through perfect fucus giving smashing 2 stones. :D

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 10:38:27 am »

Do not sell the large dagger to any Dwarf in your starting settlement, or every single return will cause crash to desktop!

I just  go for skills and stats too. Peasant needs it all. lol
Anything else can be looted from dead corpses or made through perfect fucus giving smashing 2 stones. :D

:D daggers are too valuable to exchange, unless it's to the equipment page during character gen.

The generalist peasant archer I rolled yesterday could only resell the whip/dagger/buckler. I didn't bother min-maxing the Equipment points. Roleplay-wise, he just needs bow/dagger/axe and yeah he'd either loot the dead or more preferably pick up his any additional gear (no quality/improvement modifier) from a town warehouse.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 05:50:14 pm »

You can try to make civ, who have Roc as pet and can tan only roc's hide (by changed permitted reaction), so all leather clothes will cost a lot. I also try tweaking with metals, but currently not find a way.