Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Risky Ventures! - Year 2 Autumnwake - I need to sink more boats  (Read 28750 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures! - Awaiting New Trade Companies
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2020, 10:07:04 pm »

Nagant Ventures is willing to provide 2 guineas to the Laden Swallow charter, and has produced a template for the contract.
Quote from: Laden Swallow Expedition to the Nearsouthlands
To Queen Phillipa the Fourth,

We, the undersigned, hereby agree to buy a ship, the 'Laden Swallow', to sail the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands. Investments will be as follows:

- 2 Guineas from Iron Mountain Ind.
- 2 Guineas from Mineral CO
- 2 Guineas from Nagant Ventures

The profits will be based upon shares equal to investment.

Signed:

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 03:01:12 am »

Quote from: YARNU Expedition to the Nearsouthlands

We, the undersigned, hereby agree to buy a ship, the 'Yarnu', to sail the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands. Investments will be as follows:

- 2 Guineas from Yearvent Shipping
- 2 Guineas from Ashford Core
- 2 Guineas from RiverFort LTD
- 2 Guineas from Noname incorporated
- 2 Guineas from Unpleasant LLC

The profits will be equally between the signatories.

Signed:

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 07:38:43 am »

Year 1 Springrise
TURNTURNTURN
A copy of the agreement between Yearvent Shipping, Ashford Core, RiverFort LTD, Noname incorporated and Unpleasant LLC is filed away, and the 'Yarnu' is quickly completed before setting off on its Maiden Voyage. Hopefully it'll come back in a couple of months.

Dear Occupier,

Please don't throw this letter away, I promise it's not spam. I, Captain Gruff McBeardly, am seeking to broaden the Motherland's horizons by leading an expedition across the Western Sea. It may be perilous and with a suspiciously large number of sharks, but I know that with your funding the 'Marvelous Minnow' will be able to cross the treacherous waters and discover new lands and new opportunity.

Yours Sincerely,
Captain Gruff McBeardly

It's not hard to find the Marvelous Minnow at the Port. A small, but rugged vessel with a determined and hard eyed crew.

Current Voyages
Yarnu - set sail for Nearsouthlands in Year 1 Springrise. Expected return Year 1 Springwake with cargo of Sand
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:45:58 am by Kashyyk »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions:
-What is the current price of Sand?
-How much funding is McBeardly looking for?
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sand is currently going for 0.5 guineas per unit, with each ship carrying 10 units of cargo.

McBeardly is looking for as much as he can get. More funding will allow him to secure more provisions, allowing him to explore further and with less chance of failure.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RiverFort LTD is interested in investing 1 Guineas into the "Laden Swallow"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Intended Improvements Company would like to invest 1 Guinea in Marvelous Minnow, and give 1 Guinea to the Crown

Does investing help buy some things to repair/improve the ship? Or am I misinterpreting something?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does investing help buy some things to repair/improve the ship? Or am I misinterpreting something?
It generally boosts the ship's effectiveness. It might be supplies, improvements or something else. It's intentionally a bit vague.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

It generally boosts the ship's effectiveness. It might be supplies, improvements or something else. It's intentionally a bit vague.
ok, just wanted to make sure investing after a ship is bought still does things

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm so we got a couple options here. We can wait for other investors at this point, or we can contribute more to purchase the ship. Given that time=money, i’d be willing to contribute 3 Guineas to get the ships off to sea, and with the investment from RiverFort, Mineral CO and Naganant could either invest another Guineas each, or we could wait for further investors.

We, the undersigned, hereby agree to buy a ship, the 'Laden Swallow', to sail the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands. Investments will be as follows:

- 2 Guineas from Iron Mountain Ind.
- 2 Guineas from Mineral CO
- 2 Guineas from Nagant Ventures
- 1 Guineas from RiverFort LTD

Signed:

OR

- 3 Guineas from Iron Mountain Ind.
- 3 Guineas from Mineral CO
- 3 Guineas from Nagant Ventures

Signed:

Repost the agreement you are in accord with, understanding that the first option may require further waiting for more investment. (I support the second myself :))
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile

Signed:
I'm willing to give an extra guinea for this investment

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Signed:
Nagant Ventures is willing to add an extra guinea if necessary.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imaginary Productions is willing to invest 1 Guinea in the Marvelous Minnow and its voyage.

As well, Imaginary Productions is looking to, as others have done before, jointly invest in a trading voyage to buy the profitable Sand and share the profits with those whom help fund this voyage. Unfortunately it seems the Laden Swallow is now fully funded, so we can not join in on that venture. As such, this trading concern is now seeking investors to fund the purchase of a new trading vessel.

We, the undersigned, hereby agree to buy a ship, the 'Repeat Visit', to sail the trade route between the Motherland and the Nearsouthlands. Investments will be as follows:

- 2 Guineas from Imaginary Productions

Signed:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:24:42 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok, just wanted to make sure investing after a ship is bought still does things
The Minnow is an NPC exploration expedition; the rules for it are different than for trade ships. The more is invested in it, the better its results are likely to be.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Signed:
RiverFort LTD will keep to their word and invest the Guineas.

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34