Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: All Dwarves in Dwarf Fortress have to go crazy and die! Everyone must die!  (Read 12413 times)

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have to say I am starting to notice this problem of dwarves arbitrarily meeting their needs. They don't seem to be focusing on what's still unmet, even though my fort has solutions to these needs...

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Dining hall in tavern, drinking in temple, ensuring all dwarves will be No Job in both. Downside is waterskins interfere with the idea.
I tried this solution. I still have dining halls in both tavern and library and barracks in the tavern. Dwarves do not seem to idle much in libraries though. What I do not have any more is drinking stockpile in the temple. Great idea and works superbly, but with one issue. Socializing is relieving stress, while praying is only satisfying focus. So, I put these apart. I never got any priest on any of my embarks, even on latest 0.47.04 embark, but I guess this would help with this combo drink+temple issue.

Military does not need waterskins or backpacks. Those even create issues, so I disable those in supply in military menu. Military in active training will go to temple for a drink, but they will return asap to tavern, where barrack is, to keep training. :D

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is depressive. Barely after 2 seasons I discovered 2 more stressed Dwarves. :( I disabled hauling on those Dwarves and will see, if that fixes the issue, again. This rain is a murder.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UUsing [PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:0:0:0] in creature_standard.txt
After 2 seasons, one of the Dwarves got cured, so I re-enabled all hauling with exception of stone hauling.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15060
The other one: "She has become haggard and drawn due to the tremendous stresses placed on her."
Time for her euthanasia?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

To my knowledge, 'haggard & drawn' remains incurable, even if you hack away all stress after the fact.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]