Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.  (Read 47615 times)

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Antimatter, my citybuilder and 4X game with physics.
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:39:25 am »

Hi, I started the project on the 10th of april, a small kickstarter campaign was launched 2 years ago.
Today (27/12/2022) I have decided to edit this page since I have finally published a steam page.
Here I am kind of copying the steam page so forgive that somewhat dissonant form compared to a forum post.

>>> Steam page <<<

If you want to discuss about the game and join the community here is the discord server :

Features

• Thousands of systems and planets to explore in a gigantic instantiated galaxy.
  • A dynamic universe where dozens of factions struggle for power or survival.
  • Take command of a spaceship, trade, mine, harvest, scavenge, produce and participate in the simulated economy.
  • Manage an existing city or found a new colony on any planet.
  • Climb the political ladder of a commercial corporation or a sovereign organisation, or found a new one from scratch.
  • Interact with AI characters who are living independant and simulated life in the Antimatter universe.
  • Terraform entire planets by altering their atmospheric compositions.
  • Fulfil missions for corporations, factions or individuals, or unravel the secrets of this galaxy.
  • Get involved in the Antimatter Crisis and try to change yourself the course of history.
How To play ?

Antimatter is a RPG that plays as a grand strategy game, you have neither omniscience or omnipotence, most of your responsibility can be delegated to spaceship captains and governors if you control any territory.
No micromanagement is required, you have the freedom to deal with the businesses that interests you the most.
Antimatter plays in the intersideral space, on the planet's surface or in the mysterious undergrounds, you can play all the way from a space journeyman to a galactic emperor.

Create and customise your galaxy with all available options, such as the stellar systems count and types or the historical events that will impact the simulation of civilisations through the ages.
  • An universe generated and simulated across billions of years with a realistic accretion model of gas and dust.
  • A simulation of civilisations through thousands of years, filled with historical events.
  • Asteroids, comets, nebulae, planets and many other astral objects to explore.

• A wide range of planets, entirely simulated and procedurally generated.
  • A procedurally generated geology.
  • A realistic and dynamic atmospheric simulation.
  • Terraform entire planets by altering their atmospheric composition.

All civilisations are procedurally generated and simulated through thousands of years. Ruins, monuments, POIs and ancient artefacts exist thanks to this detailed simulation.

• Manage your crew and the specialty of your crewmembers.
  • Customise your spaceship with many modules and choose from dozens of different spaceships.
  • A radar simulation with passive and active detection, which rewards stealth and reconnaissance.
  • A varied range of weapons, such as missiles capable of crossing millions of kilometres.
  • Manage your fleet and hosted ships.
  • Land on any planet or asteroid in the galaxy.
  • Study and harvest exoctic flora.
  • Meet and profit from ancient civilisations.

• Create and incarnate a character, define his physical and psychological traits, his education, characteristic and skills and his appearance.
  • NPCs have their life simulated from birth, each trait and characteristics come from an experience in their lives.
  • NPCs have their own artificial intelligence, they act by themselves with the same liberty as the player. You are not the only actor in this universe. NPCs also contribute to the political system of organisations.

Create, or be part of a commercial corporation, a sovereign state or a criminal organisation, fulfil missions and climb the ladder of the organisation.
  • Trade goods.
  • Mine and harvest ressources and objects.
  • Manage and build space stations, and produce new spaceships.
  • Embrace a pirate's life with extorsions and deceiving actions.
  • Administrate cities and territories, or lead an entire empire.
  • Participate in the organisation's political intrigues.
  • Lead and organise a fleet by using your influence.

THe terrain of each planetary region (tile) can be explored and can even be the location of a colony. Each region has its own geology, a simulated biosphere and can host ancient ruins generated during the historical simulation.
  • Manage the city's industry, trade, demography and its political aspects.
  • Plan the city's defences against orbital threats.
  • Develop and extend the city's frontier across the planet.
  • Explore deep and mysterious subterranean regions.
  • A destructible environment and a liquid simulation.
  • A dynamic weather system.
  • A monstruous fauna (only giant worms for now).

Change the climate of an entire planet by slowly modifying its atmospheric composition, observe the chain reactions on its geology, hydrosphere and its biosphere thanks to a detailed and realistic atmospheric simulation.
The flora is entirely simulated where each species' reign depends on local conditions and the other competing species.

[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 01:15:33 pm by geoffroypir »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: I am developping a Sandbox, citybuilder game with physics
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:32:42 am »

Looks like an interesting game, yeah. You have an idea of when you want to release the first public build? Looks like it'd scratch my itch for a unique take on the city building genre, and am also curious how these other systems will tie into it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 11:43:19 am »

I'm enjoying the aesthetic. Seems like a pretty ambitious project but you seem to have a good start on it. I also like city builders and this one seems different enough from the typical Sim City / Cities Skylines to pique my interest. Giant sandworms help too.

(Also is it just me or have we had higher than usual # of new indie game projects show up here the last couple weeks.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:15:35 pm »

Looks like an interesting game, yeah. You have an idea of when you want to release the first public build? Looks like it'd scratch my itch for a unique take on the city building genre, and am also curious how these other systems will tie into it.
I don't like to release things too early, so I think I ll release something by the end of the year.

I'm enjoying the aesthetic. Seems like a pretty ambitious project but you seem to have a good start on it. I also like city builders and this one seems different enough from the typical Sim City / Cities Skylines to pique my interest. Giant sandworms help too.

(Also is it just me or have we had higher than usual # of new indie game projects show up here the last couple weeks.)
Many peoples lost their jobs and money due to the state measures taken against Covid, (like me). Not only it gives  free time for some other projects but it make reconsider what the prorities in life are. It is maybe the reason to this phenomenon.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 02:53:49 pm »

This is extremely ambitious, especially for making the diverse amounts of gameplay work together well.
But assuming the screenshots above are already integrated together for the most part, that's an impressive accomplishment.
Definitely a PTW.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 04:19:09 pm »

PTW,

LOVE the graphical style dood!Count me as very interested.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 04:53:36 pm »

This graphical style actually reminds me of an old forum game on here, the one with the images and everyone drew a new image after another post. Anyone remember that?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 04:56:38 pm »

Reminds me of that game that came out after Terraria, where it was low resolution retro looking but was about building and multiplayer combat.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 09:38:40 pm »

The graphics are beautiful. Especially the early morning sky.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 10:24:43 pm »

Wow, thank you for all your feedback  :D

Nenjin / Lidku I'd like to hear as well  of both the game you ve mentionned if you can remind about them.

It is nice to hear such interest in the graphics as I am usually developping core engines dismissing completly the graphic part. That is a good surprise to get praises for this !

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 10:44:37 pm »

Well if you want graphics praise I think your underground area looks really nice. The backgrounds really give it a nice texture and look too.

I think the game I was thinking of was King Arthur's Gold, but looking at it now I guess I don't know why I saw similarities.

geoffroypir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 11:08:13 pm »

Well if you want graphics praise I think your underground area looks really nice. The backgrounds really give it a nice texture and look too.

I think the game I was thinking of was King Arthur's Gold, but looking at it now I guess I don't know why I saw similarities.
This game looks like fun, I'll try it. Out of curiosity I have tried to find game with similar graphics style, It d be an interesting comparison. "Scorched earth" is the closest I can think.
Regarding the background, it was probably the simplest thing to do hahaha : on paint.net  Render->Clouds effect

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 11:43:00 pm »

Looks great, ambitious and awesome.  Can't wait to see what it becomes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 08:17:07 am »

PTW
Looks interesting.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 10:33:37 am »

This looks amazing. When can I play it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22