Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Northhold - Having foresight is terrible  (Read 1620 times)

Tennessee116

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Not-so-robust Assistant
    • View Profile
Northhold - Having foresight is terrible
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:06:46 am »

Hello there!

Welcome to Emeelathu, the Eternal Domain. It is a pocket-sized world that, until 30, is relatively boring and peaceful. After 30, the only elves from the forest retreat of Enureomo, or Mistyroars, would be slaughtered, and the dwarven necromancer Lolor Scribeboats, who also happens to be the general of the dwarven civilization, the Bridge of Medicine, would construct her tower and unleash an undead invasion across the remaining humans and dwarves. In case you can't tell, the world is still extremely young, in the Age of Myth.

A map of the Eternal Domain

This story takes place at the beginning of the year 30. The Bridge of Medicine has decided that the goblin threat, despite being quite the distance away, is too close for comfort. They wish to establish an emergency stronghold in the northern areas of the world in the event that the capital, Cloisteredtrampled, falls to the southern evils. They choose to embark in the foothills between the Accidental Mountain and the Hills of Perfecting.

The general location of the fortress.

They assemble an expedition of seven dwarves to found the fortress, which they named Irolkegeth, or Northhold. These dwarves are:

Ast Livingslings, a male woodcutter, 68 years old
Rith Bellsphrase, a female carpenter, 67 years old
Zuntîr Squashpaint, a female herbalist, 57 years old
Olon Walltools, a female miner, 73 years old
Rakust Helmenjoy, a male mason, architect, metalsmith, and mechanic; 80 years old
Moldath Bronzekings, a male fisherdwarf, 70 years old
Kikrost Roomsculpt, a male cook, brewer, and fishery worker; 82 years old.

With them they brought two sheep and two chickens, each a male and female. They filled their wagon with the regular expeditionary supplies. Upon their preparation's completion, they finalized the legalities. Northhold was to be ran by the Ageless North Society of Fortresses, and its symbol be that of the North Labor, an image of a dwarf laboring. And so, on the 15th of Granite, in the year 30, they struck the earth.

Spoiler: The humble beginning (click to show/hide)

Hopefully I'll have weekly updates on how the fortress is doing. Hopefully something will develop of the villainous Lolor Scribeboats, and fun will occur.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 07:21:41 am by Tennessee116 »
Casual DF player, like, really casual.

upsetpanini1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Northhold - Having foresight is terrible
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 01:38:30 pm »

PTW, this seems cool as hell

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:40:49 pm »

Towers unfortunately don't get created after world gen, so RIP. Still, always interesting to see a fort develop. Perhaps the capitol will fall to the goblins.

Tennessee116

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:08:22 pm »

Towers unfortunately don't get created after world gen, so RIP. Still, always interesting to see a fort develop. Perhaps the capitol will fall to the goblins.
That's strange. I could swear an earlier fortress of mine had a tower generate nearby. That's sad, as the location of the tower in history (well, future history) was relatively close to where my fortress is. But Lolor should still become a problem eventually.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:02:49 pm by Tennessee116 »

Tennessee116

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 11:05:38 am »

Two seasons have passed since the seven dwarves arrived in the spring. They have struck the earth and have dug themselves a modest but cozy home. However, all of them were extremely disappointed to find out they were living in mudstone, and more disappointed when they discovered gabbro in the opposite direction of which they built their quarters. Not a single dwarf had to sleep on the floor, as by the fifth day, all had their own bedrooms. Three migrants came, a craftsdwarf and wood burner with their son. The craftsdwarf was put to work making mugs and crafts for when the caravan arrived, even being appointed as the broker of the fortress. The wood burner was reassigned to engraving.  All of the wagon's supply has been moved underground, and it is two weeks before the caravan arrives.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 07:47:29 am »

Post to watch.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tennessee116

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 07:21:16 am »

Tis' the 26th of Limestone, early Autumn. The caravan came, we pissed them off trying to sell them coal and one valuable spice barrel for quite the amount of instruments. A truly saddening moment. Regardless, life goes on.

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, just a little caught up in regular aspects of life.