Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bridgedflickered, an illustrated tale of my playthrough.  (Read 1247 times)

LeeKeegan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bridgedflickered, an illustrated tale of my playthrough.
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:01:23 am »

Hi, I've been making a comic about my fort for a while now and people keep telling me I need to post it here (hopefully this is the correct section of the forum to do so)

It's called Bridgedflickered and it was my first real attempt at a fort after a few hours following the quickstart guide on the wiki. I'm currently partway through the 5th chapter where things are really starting to get FUN for the local dwarves, you can read it all on my site or on tapas if you prefer.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgedflickered, an illustrated tale of my playthrough.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 11:06:50 am »

Hey, that's really nice! Quite reminds me of Asterix.

LeeKeegan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:02:07 pm »

Thanks, I did read a lot of Asterix growing up  :)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 07:48:02 am »

I really like these illustrated stories, I wish more people would make them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LeeKeegan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »

I wish more people would make them.

Agreed, I was inspired to start this after reading stories like Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace. I get that it's a huge time sink that not everyone can afford though (I usually spend about 8 hours per page on this at the moment  :o).

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 10:57:27 pm »

But it really shows, the images are really well made, well polished. I salute those who are willing to invest this much to their works. I always, sooner or later shift to make images quickly rather than detailed and polished, if you understand.

Heh, when I was younger, I drew lots or various comics, and they followed this pattern - each new issue had more and smaller panels, it always evolved like this. The first part had like sixteen, the fourth had forty...

Know that I think about it, I prefee working under pressure dor sake of quality, so maybe that's it.