Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: GUIDE: What you CAN and CANNOT do in Adventure Mode (help needed)  (Read 43523 times)

pitaden

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Oh right, I have a forum account! I forgor.
    • View Profile
    • Neocities
Re: GUIDE: What you CAN and CANNOT do in Adventure Mode (help needed)
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2020, 10:32:50 am »

• Become a necromancer + zombie
Assuming zombie doesn't exclude intelligent undead, you can do this (and it's really useful if you're bad at staying alive like me). You need at least 2 controllable companions to do it, and both companions should be necromancers. Have one companion die, then have the second companion raise them as an intelligent undead. Your first companion will still be playable, will be undead, and can use both their undead and necromancy powers.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2020, 01:15:11 pm »

Is it possible to tie up a mount or otherwise make it stay in one place? Because if not, that should be on the list.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2020, 05:21:07 pm »

You can "talk" to them and tell them to stay, but it seems to be bugged such that they will randomly just go back to that place. (Although a quick search doesn't find a bug report.)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2020, 08:37:03 pm »

Become a necromancer + werebeast

Becoming a werebeast necromancer adventurer is something I did before back in the 0.34 versions when night creatures first became a thing, the trick is to become a necromancer before you become a werebeast, since werebeasts are immortal and immortals can't become necromancers, hence you can't become a necromancer ever if you're an elf or goblin. This is definitely still possible in vanilla, sine I just recently encountered one in fortress mode. Keep in mind that when you transform your zombies turn hostile since werebeasts lack the [NOT_LIVING] tag that means necromancers leave them alone.

• Marry, get a wife or husband, get children
    Spoiler: How (click to show/hide)

As far as picking spouses for an adventurer goes, you can do that in fortress mode via dfhack with gui/family-affairs to force marriages. I'm not sure if this results in children working properly. This only works in fortress mode mind you. You can even force interspecies marriages with this command, though you need to use an argument that disables checks. Surprisingly if you use a script to force pregnancies between members of two different sentient races, it doesn't crash, and simply results in a child that's the race of the mother, ie Elder Scrolls rules, which honestly might be a nice and easy solution for Toady once that comes on the agenda if half-breeds are too annoying.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:40:48 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 06:40:00 pm »

Is it possible to tie up a mount or otherwise make it stay in one place? Because if not, that should be on the list.

You can not tie up a mount. However you could tell it to stay put. You simply talk have a (k)onversation with your pet and scroll down to the demand tab and tell it to wait. The horse will wait until you tell it to follow.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:46:47 pm by Luckyowl »

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 06:48:19 pm »

You can not tie up a mount. However you could tell it to stay put. You simply talk have a (K)onversation with your pet and scroll down to the demand tab and tell it to wait. The horse will wait until you tell it to follow.

Sometimes my mounts will run off during battle and not come back. I suspect that they're running back to the last spot I told them to wait. Is that right?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 07:11:39 pm »

You CANNOT:
  • Become member of a guild
  • Become member of a sect
  • Become member of...
  • Become a noble in a fortress or settlement, or have some occupation or position
  • Become King, become Outpost Liason

cough cough uhh I just recently discover away to become monarch like a few days ago and just now recently convince a Master and lord of a dark fortress to give up their nobility.

the process requires choosing one of the options that doesn't get an auto instant reply then moving into one of the sub dialog menus and exiting out, then waiting for them to reply, it might be instant or it might take awhile as they pick the other options, so the relieve of their royal duties and give up their title is in the demand/wait sub menu so one could possibly just set up a king to just constantly get comments of weather and surroundings until they give in and make you Royalty.
and the best part is you can do this in vanilla.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 08:00:33 pm »

You can not tie up a mount. However you could tell it to stay put. You simply talk have a (K)onversation with your pet and scroll down to the demand tab and tell it to wait. The horse will wait until you tell it to follow.

Sometimes my mounts will run off during battle and not come back. I suspect that they're running back to the last spot I told them to wait. Is that right?

They were probably spooked and ran away.  Of course that only explain the first part. Them never coming back? I'm not sure, might be a bug? Have you ever went out to investigate of their whereabouts?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »

You CANNOT:
  • Become member of a guild
  • Become member of a sect
  • Become member of...
  • Become a noble in a fortress or settlement, or have some occupation or position
  • Become King, become Outpost Liason

cough cough uhh I just recently discover away to become monarch like a few days ago and just now recently convince a Master and lord of a dark fortress to give up their nobility.

the process requires choosing one of the options that doesn't get an auto instant reply then moving into one of the sub dialog menus and exiting out, then waiting for them to reply, it might be instant or it might take awhile as they pick the other options, so the relieve of their royal duties and give up their title is in the demand/wait sub menu so one could possibly just set up a king to just constantly get comments of weather and surroundings until they give in and make you Royalty.
and the best part is you can do this in vanilla.

Sweet stuff! I'm gonna see if I can get one of my adventurer to get a commander of a Mercenary group to give up his position. I was able to use Dfhack to make her part of the Mercenary group and was able to get the commander and my adventurer to become lovers eventhough it was brief. Not sure what went wrong, but The commander still respects and love my adventurer. So I might try and see if I can make him give up his title.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 10:00:48 pm »

They were probably spooked and ran away.  Of course that only explain the first part. Them never coming back? I'm not sure, might be a bug? Have you ever went out to investigate of their whereabouts?

I've definitely had them not come back, which was frustrating when they were carrying supplies. It seemed like the mounts were more inclined to run away the longer I had them. Once, a horse ran away as I was clearing out a necromancer tower. I thought that I had lost him, but then he turned up on the edge of the site where I think I told him to wait.

So my hypothesis is that telling the mount to wait creates an anchor point that they keep wanting to return to, which is a manageable system if you know how it works. I'll get around to testing it eventually.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2020, 09:25:47 pm »

I'll chip in some guides on the vanilla stuff. Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but are there plans to post this on the wiki as well?

Edit:

Spoiler: Become a necromancer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Become a vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Become a werebeast (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Become a thrall/husk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 12:17:59 am by delphonso »

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2020, 12:58:27 pm »

I'll chip in some guides on the vanilla stuff. Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but are there plans to post this on the wiki as well?

Edit:

Spoiler: Become a necromancer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Become a vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Become a werebeast (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Become a thrall/husk (click to show/hide)
Undead werebeast?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2020, 01:36:21 pm »

I just confirmed that heavy aquifers work normally in adventure mode. Does anyone know whether falling water can generate power and run machinery?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2020, 05:28:16 pm »

Undead werebeast?

No clue which ones are exclusive to each other... I'd guess werebeast would cure most things at a fullmoon. Undeath might dry the blood, so to speak.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2020, 03:12:16 pm »

I've found a way to give another adventurer a ride on your mount. It's a sort of glitch where you have one of your adventurer mounted and you go into the fast travel mode and travel a bit. Then exit out of fast travel and tab to your other adventurer then tab back. You would have to keep on repeating this to get it to work.

Having both of your adventurers mounted can be useful in combat when you have one of your adventurer equip with a crossbow and the other one equip with any melee weapon for calavry charges.

It can also be used to rescue a cripple adventurer from an ambushed.

Disclaimer: Sadly when you get the glitch to work and enter fast travel mode and exit out the glitch will revert itself. So you would have to tab back and forth and pray it works. Meaning if your party have been ambushed and you got a crippled adventurer. You will want to tab back and forth. Maybe your mounted adventurer will be able to pick him/her in time or maybe not. Also the ride max at 2.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5