Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]  (Read 15180 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]
« on: May 11, 2020, 01:29:23 am »

You are an elf. You dwell in a fancy elf city. You attend a fancy elf academy. You do these things because elves are the best, and also because if you're insufficiently elflike you get harvested for reagents so elfier elves can do elfier things with their elf magics.

Anyway, if you do well in Elf Academy you get to live forever and do literally whatever you want in a fancy elf city.

Good luck!

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills and Evaluations (click to show/hide)
Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] Suitably elfy, I hope. The instructors will be very judgemental about proper names.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Suitably elfy, I hope. If you thought elves were judgemental about names, wait until you see how they react to appearances!
[b]Origin:[/b] Select one of: Commoner, Bastard, Failure, Fake. This will determine your starting penalty.
-Commoner: You're a filthy peasant. You're poor, so nobody will give you free stuff without a good reason.
-Bastard: You're a product of a real elf's side gigs. You're one elf's trophy and another elf's pawn, so the fields you're expected to excel in will be defined by others.
-Failure: You're so talentless your fancy elf family tossed you into the git gud or git ground up for parts bin. You suck, so you don't start with a buddy in a position to be useful to you.
-Fake: You're a clone, golem, or otherwise not-quite-authentic-elf. You don't officially exist, so you don't start with an opulent two-story bungalow of glass, pearl, glowing quartz in your preferred colors, and precious metals of your choosing.
[b]Skills:[/b] Select one Precept, one Particular, and one Precipitation to start at +1 (Novice) in.
[b]Backstory:[/b] How'd the elfiest elf to ever elf come to be trying to learn magic and not get thrown in the not-elf-grinder? Haha, a mere technicality, I'm sure.
I'll be taking 8 players, selected for quality and how fun I estimate they'll be.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:24:52 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:25:57 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Recruiting now!]
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:34:40 am »

Ptw will post stuff some time tomorrow probably
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 01:54:47 am »

Name: Totally not a dwarf (Can't think of a good name)
Appearance: A dwarf in green A slightly short light skinned elf with brown with blueish eyes. All his clothing is green. Also, he have no beard.
Origin: Fake Is a dwarf
Skills: Earth (resilience, Materials (Metal) , combat (Axes)
Backstory: He always wanted to learn magic when he was young, but his parent always tries to sqaush his dreams by forcing him to learn how to black smith and fight. Once he became an adlut he finally had the freedom to leave his home to the nearest magic elf academy. He also shaved his bread to not get spotted inside the city. Hopefully it works and he can finally learn magic.

I do hope dwarves are a thing in this world.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 05:06:36 pm by The Canadian kitten »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 03:14:08 am »

Name: alena slivertouch
Appearance: wears a poor mans flashy outfit, has tanned skin, eyes are sliver in color, is very thin even for an elf
Origin: Select one of: Commoner, Bastard, Failure, Fake. This will determine your starting penalty.
-Commoner: You're a filthy peasant. You're poor, so nobody will give you free stuff without a good reason.
Skills: Precept: chaos, Particular: other(Time), Precipitation: crafting
Backstory: won by random lottery to go to Elf Academy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:42:56 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 07:38:14 am »

Name: Elora Wildbeast
Appearance: Female elf with messy short black hair and slightly tanned skin and with some muscle, is wearing dirty makeshift clothes made of different creatures fur and some plants.
Origin: Select one of: Failure.
-Failure: You're so talentless your fancy elf family tossed you into the git gud or git ground up for parts bin. You suck, so you don't start with a buddy in a position to be useful to you.
Skills:
Precept: Earth.
Particular: Materials (Flesh).
Precipitation: Combat (Unarmed).
Backstory: Elora was abandoned in the wild when young due to her family considering her un-elfy and leaving her to die so she didn't ashamed the family, but she managed to survive becoming more and more feral with the passing of time. At least until the people of the Elf Academy found her, snapped back to semi-normal and offered her a position as student. She accepted going because the alternative was the Grinder.
Also there are starting to be rumors that so many elfs fail the Academy and are grinded due to the staff incompetence not the students, to prove the rumors wrong the staff went further than normal to search for un-elfy elves and conscript them, of course this only means than Elora and the other conscripts will have it harder than normal because they can't let them graduate only to humiliate themselves (and thus the academy) later by doing un-elfy things.
Elora Wildbeast is not her birth name, she doesn't remember it nor her family, she is pretty sure her "Surname" is an insult but isn't stupid enough to complaint to someone that could and would kill her for parts.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:13:28 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 09:23:29 am »

Name: Ciera Gardenplanter
Appearance: A female elf with long blonde hair, pale skin, green eyes, and is of average height. Her clothes are whatever clothes she happened to find that others threw out, as she didn’t have enough money to buy them
Origin: Commoner
Skills: Precept: Life
Particular: Materials (Plants)
Precipitation: Ingredients (Gardening)
Backstory: Ciera has always been interested in plants, and went to Elf Academy to learn all magic relating to them
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:07:37 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 10:50:10 am »

Name: Wylmir Wysendra
Appearance: Male elf with luminous, rose gold skin and emerald green eyes, and smooth amber hair that usually has a few twigs, leaves or drops of water caught up in it when he isn't in public. His height is slightly above average. He typically wears a tasteful enough green vest and dark brown pants, though is often shirtless unless the situation calls for one (in which case he wears brown or yellow).
Origin: Fake (or is this more of a Bastard?)
Skills:
Precept: Water
Particular: Serenity (Emotions)
Precipitation: Flattery (Social)
Backstory: Wylmir is the product of a tryst between his father and a water nymph. While initially disdainful of him due to his being a bit too close to the elves' fey ancestry, sympathy combined with Wylmir's inherited aura of purity and grace made him both keep the boy and give him his family name. Wylmir put those traits to good use doing the negotiating and interaction his father wasn't really good at, and in turn, he gave him a shot at learning how to be a real elf, and train to use the kind of magic that sets his kind apart from their ancestors. When it was time for the academy, he rather unceremoniously kicked Wylmir out, who managed to talk his way into getting a quiet, understated servant's shack in the academy gardens instead of living on the street. But it's obvious to most what Wylmir's true heritage is, and only his charming nature keeps him steady most of the time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:50:53 pm by Xvareon »

Hotfire90

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 11:34:11 am »

Name: Celine Valeheart
Appearance: A female elf with short blonde hair, pale skin and light green eyes. She wears clothes of the latest elven fashion along with a ruby necklace she bought shortly before she was thrown out by her family.
Origin: Failure
Skills:
Precept: Air
Particular: Hate (Emotions)
Precipitations: Archery (Combat)
Backstory: Celine comes from a highly talented and elfy family, unfortunately for her she lacked both qualities and was quickly thrown out by her family. Her family was merciful to Celine by allowing her a chance to redeem herself by sending her to the Elf Academy instead of hunting her down themselves.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 11:36:02 am »

Name: Aelfi Aelvenguard
Appearance: A petite young  and pale girl not even 100 years old yet. Wears a white dress and red/black hairclip with a sapphire in her flowing silver-white hair down her back, with deep blue eyes and cute structure to her body, with white slippers and finger-less gloves. On her finger is the crest of the Aelvenguard Head. Cute enough to draw most in to her, and hated for it. Her personality really doesn't match her pure image though.
Origin: Select one of: Commoner, Bastard, Failure, Fake.
Skills:
Precept: Death
Particular: Time (Other)
Precipitations: Ancients (Knowledge)
Backstory: How'd the elfiest elf to ever elf come to be trying to learn magic and not get thrown in the not-elf-grinder? Haha, a mere technicality, I'm sure.
Being born into a family know for Order and long lives can be pretty tough. Said family not caring for the past and mercilessly trying to train someone with no talent for Order is another. Said Family planning to send her off to quietly get ground up for low-quality parts and being overheard, disastrous. Said Family dying in inexplicable but embarrassing ways, also bad. The only survivor managing to get into this sink or swim academy with a black mark floating above her, inexplicable. She is here though, only inheritor of her family name, which had produced fine Elves for generations, and with most of her wealth going into gifts to keep her alive long enough to reclaim her family riches and prestige through Elfin acts..
The Aelvenguard Family have always been known to produce fine Elves. Sometimes, Karma catches up in the form of something Elf Society didn't expect. In this case, a young girl who knows who to speak to and how to survive anything, theoretically. And with a grudge of sorts against Elf Society in general.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:02:13 pm by TricMagic »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 11:54:51 am »

Name: Aigre Aldora Ameiranafil
Appearance: Tall and slender with sharp knife ears. With soft round breasts and long dark flowing hair.
Origin: Select one of: Commoner, Bastard, Failure, Fake. This will determine your starting penalty.
Skills: Air, Lust, Exotic Dancing
Backstory: Aigre Adolra Ameiranafil was disowned for being rebellious so she danced her way to pay for school.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 12:18:39 pm »

Name: Felidardinia Aslorvinaorvinia
Appearance: An... elf, in a simple yet elegant green dress, with... a somewhat bestial snout and unusually fuzzy, pointy ears sitting atop curly black hair, orange eyes with slit pupils, and an occasionally glimpsed tail flicking around under the dress. She generally holds herself with dignity and grace until the very moment that someone insults her, at which point the claws come out.
Origin: Fake
Skills: Life, Instinct, Arguing
Backstory: 100% elf, and also half beastman on her mother's side. Her father was allowed to live mostly because this union required a quite powerful and elegant helping of magic, and Felidardinia was allowed to live this long because she is wonderfully, artfully stubborn about everything, and insists that she's beautiful so insistently that it's hard to argue without acquiring a nasty, disfiguring scar n your face, which naturally invalidates whatever it was you were trying to say. She chose to attend elf academy in order to prove her worth and efliness in the most violent, brutal, merciless, and elegant way possible.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:22:18 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 03:20:47 pm »

I do hope dwarves are a thing in this world.
Probably!

Yes. If you're curious, Order is more about protecting things in pristine conditions, while Earth is more about rendering them tougher. Order is a glass dome protecting your delicious cake, Earth is toughening up the meat so it's harder to cut up and eat.

Origin: Fake (or is this more of a Bastard?)
Could go either way. Generally a Fake is pretending to be something else, while a Bastard has somebody who considers them their property.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 03:36:07 pm »

Meanwhile I cast a curse which takes away someone's time left to live, forcing death in a contrived manner.. And my main spell is likely to be something that drains someone's lifespan.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 04:15:12 pm »

Yes. If you're curious, Order is more about protecting things in pristine conditions, while Earth is more about rendering them tougher. Order is a glass dome protecting your delicious cake, Earth is toughening up the meat so it's harder to cut up and eat.

Thanks, changed Order for Earth then.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9