Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]  (Read 15428 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 6: Partial Credit]
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2020, 11:18:44 am »

Look for and make my way towards the professor while holding the fractally flowing flowers
”Professor, look at this thing I made”
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:51:24 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2020, 03:37:33 pm »

"Either I have received proof thereof or I have not passed. I do believe this is how schools work, so please correct me if I am incorrect in that regard.
Regardless of all that, I would like to request a second bar of lead. I might want to make something with it.
"

If she will not give me a bar of lead, I will try to locate one for use, or conjure one if that also fails. Then, I will once more attempt to melt the lead - and it must actually get hot this time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hotfire90

« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2020, 03:24:36 pm »

"This is much better. Now to get my revenge."

Summon a windy fire elemental with the air precept and fire particular, then direct it to murder Maeric.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2020, 04:11:36 pm »

Turn 7: Eat This

Slash my way out of here.  Use Metal and Halberd-Elf.  Damn blob-monster.
[5] You expertly burrow your way out of the gelatin monster like an earthworm wriggling out of the ground. Maybe that wasn't as dignified as you'd like it, but it works!

[3][1] Your crab-friend does okay but seems to lack your finesse, just kinda thrashing around in jelly a lot. Your elf-"friend" trips himself into the slime monster, like you did only more comical.
[3] The slime monster just kinda slaps the crab a bit, rumbling about getting its delicious marrow. You're not even sure crab monsters have marrow.

+3 xp to Metal, Halberds
Now +2 Apprentice Particular of Metal! Now +1 Novice Precipitation of Halberds!

Let's see. I'm in a room. It's locked and I can't get out. I'm an immortal elf. The room contains alchemy equipment, and I have +1 alchemy. Alchemy is potentially broad enough to encompass any Precept. The easiest way to gain a new precept is to roll it alongside one other skill which you have at at least +1. Having +1 in all precepts would let me do literally anything with at least 1 magnitude, which is extremely useful.
The correct course of action is clear. Stay in this room and do alchemy until I'm a master alchemist and student of every Precept.

"I like this room. It's comfy. There's even a lock on the door. Is this what having a home is like? I'm just going to live here until someone kicks me out."

(Death, ---, Alchemy) Brew a poison which doesn't cause physical harm but saps one's attention. Doubles as a recreational drug and a weapon!
[6] You brew some really good shit. You know this because you tried it out. Repeatedly. The feeling of tension and alertness just melting out of you and letting you just be you without any boredom or stress is really just amazing.

Also now you're out of the ingredients you need for it and feeling a little twitchy.

+3 xp to Death, Alchemy
Now +1 Novice Precept of Death!
+10 Hits Stress Sapper

Drag myself into the Arch of Life and try to Drain the Life-force of the plants there to heal myself
You drag yourself over to the Life Arch and try to feast on the plants, but quickly realize you don't have the skills for that. Earth isn't really known for its draining effects (maybe mineral transfer?), plants don't have Flesh as such, and Unarmed Combat isn't really related to... wait...

[5] You seize a nearby bush in a predatory grapple to suck its life force out. This works perfectly, if slightly. You feel less agonized and that plant is dead.

+2 xp to Death, Life Drain, Unarmed Combat
Now +1 Novice Precept of Death! Now +1 Novice Particular of Life Drain!
Hideous Agony now less of both!

Bit more even in death-draining the spell structure this time.
[3] You break it down into smaller shards. It's a different and less form of uncomfortable but now you clink when you walk.

+3 xp to Death
Wombshards now Clinky

Look for and make my way towards the professor while holding the fractally flowing flowers
”Professor, look at this thing I made”
"Whoooooooooooa, how coooooooooool..."

You watch the crystals for a bit. She doesn't seem to be thinking about giving you a commendation or anything.

"Either I have received proof thereof or I have not passed. I do believe this is how schools work, so please correct me if I am incorrect in that regard.
Regardless of all that, I would like to request a second bar of lead. I might want to make something with it.
"

If she will not give me a bar of lead, I will try to locate one for use, or conjure one if that also fails. Then, I will once more attempt to melt the lead - and it must actually get hot this time.
She shrugs smugly. "Gosh, can't argue with that. Good thing you're so smart, you probably know exactly how this works."

She pulls another bar of lead out of... a small pouch on a nearby anvil, definitely magical. Then she tosses the bar in her hands a few times, rolling her shoulders and grinning at you. It occurs to you that she probably intends to deliver this bar in a similarly percussive manner as the first bar.

It also occurs to you that she's readying to throw it way, way harder this time.

"This is much better. Now to get my revenge."

Summon a windy fire elemental with the air precept and fire particular, then direct it to murder Maeric.
[3] You summon a rather wimpy fiery wind elemental. It doesn't know who Maeric is, and so stares blankly at you when you tell it to murder him.

+1 xp to Air, +2 xp to Fire
Now +1 Novice Particular of Fire!
+Weak Oblivious Fiery Wind Elemental

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 7: Eat This]
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2020, 04:26:54 pm »

This is a hallucinogen, a type of drug. Maybe powdering it and ingesting it will cause the hallucinations to start?
Attempt to break off a piece of the crystal and attempt to powder the piece by using Air, Powder, so that I only powder part of and not the entire crystal. If the turning it to powder works, swallow some of the powder and hope hallucinations work

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2020, 04:28:32 pm »

"Listen, I'm sorry, can you please not throw it at me this time?"
In case of throw: Use Life magic to enhance myself with greater speed/agility so that I can dodge it, and use my affinity for Metal to try and redirect the bar's trajectory away from me and toward the fire.
If there is, miraculously, no throw, apply Life to the fires to make them hotter and use them to melt the lead bar. Try to study how the fire responds, so that I might be able to apply such measures directly in the future, rather than in the indirect manner I've been using.
All use of Life magic should have the effective rank reduced in order to receive a +1.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2020, 04:46:32 pm »

Instruct the octopus-thing to unlock the door for me, and go lind the life teacher. Give her a sample of what I've made and offer her the whole batch and more to come if she keeps me supplied with materials in return.

Water, --, Alchemy: make a potion to enhance one's elfy gracefulness.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2020, 04:59:35 pm »

Absorb, absorb. Remove the shards, not just break it down even further. Isn't Death good at draining magical energy, or is it something else holding them together?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2020, 05:01:02 pm »

Elora continues Draining the Life the Plants around until she is fully healed.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2020, 05:59:58 pm »

Go chop up dat slimy bastard!  Use Water / Joy / Halberds to do so with grace and skill, enjoying in the goo of my enemies.

Hotfire90

« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:20 am »

"Oh right you never met him. Just follow me and murder the elf I point at."

Empower the elemental's strength with air and fire. Then find Maeric and sic my elemental on him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2020, 07:24:43 pm »

Turn 8: A Good Thrashing

This is a hallucinogen, a type of drug. Maybe powdering it and ingesting it will cause the hallucinations to start?
Attempt to break off a piece of the crystal and attempt to powder the piece by using Air, Powder, so that I only powder part of and not the entire crystal. If the turning it to powder works, swallow some of the powder and hope hallucinations work
[2] You can't powder it right. You try putting a piece in your mouth anyway, hoping maybe it'll melt.

[4] It sorta does but also refreezes with some of your saliva and onto your tongue. More importantly, it tastes terrible and you're only very mildly hallucinating.

"Listen, I'm sorry, can you please not throw it at me this time?"
In case of throw: Use Life magic to enhance myself with greater speed/agility so that I can dodge it, and use my affinity for Metal to try and redirect the bar's trajectory away from me and toward the fire.
If there is, miraculously, no throw, apply Life to the fires to make them hotter and use them to melt the lead bar. Try to study how the fire responds, so that I might be able to apply such measures directly in the future, rather than in the indirect manner I've been using.
All use of Life magic should have the effective rank reduced in order to receive a +1.

[6] vs [1+1] You take what feels like a lead cannonball straight to the shoulder with enough force to bounce you around the room a few times. You feel rather bludgeoned, and are only marginally pleased to note that the lead bar is still visible and has been warped even more than you have.

Now Savagely Bludgeoned
+1 Badly Deformed Lead Bar

Instruct the octopus-thing to unlock the door for me, and go lind the life teacher. Give her a sample of what I've made and offer her the whole batch and more to come if she keeps me supplied with materials in return.

Water, --, Alchemy: make a potion to enhance one's elfy gracefulness.

You instruct the octopus-thing to unlock the door for you. It pets the kitty instead.

[6] You make a bottle of speedup juice. It makes you drunk at the same time.

You could really use more drugs.

+1 Big Bottle Speed Juice
+3 xp to Water, Alchemy
Now +1 Novice Precept of Water! Now +2 Apprentice Precipitation of Alchemy!

Absorb, absorb. Remove the shards, not just break it down even further. Isn't Death good at draining magical energy, or is it something else holding them together?
[3] You absorb the shards, rendering your flesh kinda stiff with their energy. Who'd have thought the energies of stasis would be so hard to change?

Clinky Wombfragments -> Slightly Stiff Flesh
+3 xp to Death
Now +3 Adept Precept of Death!

Elora continues Draining the Life the Plants around until she is fully healed.
[6] You continue to gorge on plant life, leaving a barren wasteland in your wake. Oh well, they have gardeners or something.

...say, do your hands look greener than normal?

Articulated Elven Delight + Less Hideous Agony + Deadened Senses -> Barkflesh
+3 xp to Death, +3 xp to Life Drain

Go chop up dat slimy bastard!  Use Water / Joy / Halberds to do so with grace and skill, enjoying in the goo of my enemies.
[1] Back into the goo with you. Kinda crowded in here.

[5][2] Your crab friend starts shaking the slime around like a dog shaking off water. Your elf "friend" thrashes impotently next to you.

[2] The goo just kinda wobbles around, shouting about the end of the Age of Bones And Distinctive Tissues.

"Oh right you never met him. Just follow me and murder the elf I point at."

Empower the elemental's strength with air and fire. Then find Maeric and sic my elemental on him.
[3] You sorta bulk up/pep talk your elemental, then lead him over to Maeric.

[6] Despite your reservations, your convection oven elemental jumps right onto Maeric's face.

[2] He roasts your fire elemental. It doesn't help.

Elemental now Slightly Buffed
+2 xp to Air, +1 xp to Fire
Now +2 Apprentice Precept of Air!

NPC Update
Lyrica: [6] Lyrica makes herself a comfy root mech.
Para Wormtongue: [1] Para becomes embroiled in a political scandal among the hungry dead.
Cerennic of Cin: [5] Cerennic discovers a crystal ball capable of channeling energies.
Arkaras the Harbinger: [4] Somewhere in the process of being eaten by a slime Arkaras apparently finds time to acquire a green glass mace. Maybe it was in the death ooze he's fighting?
Maeric Thornmantle: [3] Maeric apparently finds some new robes prior to being ambushed by a fiery wind elemental with a taste for elf faces.
Maerith Thornmantle: [1] Maerith is too busy panicking about her skin panicking to get much done.
Ythra Moltentongue: [5] Ythra summons a foul worm to ride around on her way to doing not-treason.
Daelyn Fangsong: [4] Daelyn acquires a heroic falcon. Well, more of a large falcon-like creature. It's a dire magpie. He lured in a giant magpie with his cart of silver bars.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC Students (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Academy [Turn 8: A Good Thrashing]
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2020, 07:50:47 pm »

Chug all the speed juice, pick open the lock on pure instinct, steal a silver dagger, find the witch and threaten her until she gives me my Time back or lets me stab her in the spleen.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2020, 08:40:34 pm »

"Ow."

Try to discreetly repair myself, and let's melt down that bar, with the method I detailed prior to being thoroughly battered.

Hotfire90

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2020, 08:44:56 pm »

"You're doing great, excellent choice going for his stupid face by the way. Now Maeric, despair at your imminent demise! Rest assured that you will be of great benefit to me once I'm in possession of your corpse."

Move the air around Maeric's position towards his face then heat it up enough for it to be hot enough to melt his stupid face off.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:44:46 pm by Hotfire90 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9